The correlation between guns and mass murders

So you believe that it is not possible for our government to turn into an oppressive authoritarian government?
Like mandates and lockdowns? Killing energy production?

Saturday I had a chat with an oil man from Texas. He started off saying he was Republican and voted for Trump. he is all excited and really believes Biden wants to see oil go to 200 dollars . Based on that, he says he may vote for Biden. His comment is that Biden wants 200 dollar crude to make his solar and wind unreliable and expensive sources appear more attractive.

You pretend to speak for "founding fathers"?
Why not? Everyone else here has.

How quaint. So on Thanksgiving day all the men went out and shot fresh meat to prepare the thanksgiving feast.
First of all, Thanksgiving was not instituted by the founding fathers. It was instituted by William Bradford, Governor of Plymouth Colony. The meat they feasted on (five deer) was provided by the Native Americans who would naturally have killed the deer with their weapons, which at the time was bow and arrow. That was in 1621. America, as an independent nation, would not be declared until 155 years later with the Declaration of Independence - long after William Bradford and everyone else involved in the first Thanksgiving were dead. This story says nothing about founding fathers, the 2nd amendment, or even about guns more generally. But I'm glad you brought it up to refresh our memories.

Why are your assumptions relevant? Are your opinions more valuable than a middle-schooler's??
What assumptions do you mean?

Like mandates and lockdowns?
Mandates can be good or bad, depending on what is being mandated. If you have a specific mandate in mind, please name it. As far as lockdowns, there never was a broad-based lockdown. There was a brief and very partials lockdown of just some activities - nothing at all like what is going on in China right now, which is unpopular enough to spark wide-spread protests. That is what happens when you have a government that is not accountable to the people through any kind of democratic process. Actually, to stay on the China lockdowns for a bit more, initially the targeted lockdowns in China were reasonably popular with the people. But then the Omicron variant hit China and blew apart their zero-covid strategy. Because they had relied exclusively on lockdowns, they did not put any emphasis on vaccination. Only a tiny fraction of the Chinese are vaccinated against covid, and the vaccine they are using is their own Sinovac, which is not as effective as mRNA vaccines from the West. But for political reasons they are not importing any vaccines from the West. So the people of China are relatively inexperienced with covid, either from natural immunity or from vaccine immunity, which leaves them no choice but lockdowns, and now even those are failing.

Saturday I had a chat with an oil man from Texas. He started off saying he was Republican and voted for Trump. he is all excited and really believes Biden wants to see oil go to 200 dollars . Based on that, he says he may vote for Biden.
He is going to be disappointed. Today crude oil continued its downward slide, now costing $77/barrel, as compared to the high of $119 back in March. Part of the reason, oddly enough, is the lockdowns in China. When large portions of China are locked down, Chinese businesses use less oil, which reflects back to the world market prices.

I mean.... a nation of 330 million people, a great many of whom possess guns, in a place that has tons of conflict built into it with all the political and social division...

Yeah, it's not surprising there's a lot more gun violence/mass shootings here than in other places.
It is Not about the gun. It is all about who has the gun and who doesn't.

Under communism, death by firing squad took out millions. Evil military .

Like mandates and lockdowns? Killing energy production?

Saturday I had a chat with an oil man from Texas. He started off saying he was Republican and voted for Trump. he is all excited and really believes Biden wants to see oil go to 200 dollars . Based on that, he says he may vote for Biden. His comment is that Biden wants 200 dollar crude to make his solar and wind unreliable and expensive sources appear more attractive.
That kind of reminds you of tea Boone Pickens big investment in windmills.

So, you will not commit to naming a more reliable source, eh? That says a lot.
Just about any media source that you choose to point to that didn't spend six years committed to vindicating the "Trump Russia collusion" narrative. The list is pretty long.

Only a tiny fraction of the Chinese are vaccinated against covid, and the vaccine they are using is their own Sinovac, which is not as effective as mRNA vaccines from the West. But for political reasons they are not importing any vaccines from the West.
Our vaccines don't impede transmission in any way, as far as our current evidence is concerned.

densely populated areas have more of everything
They don't have more space, they don't have more freedom, they don't have more self-determination, they don't have more happiness. The fact is the densely populated areas seem to have less of all the most important things.

Can you guarantee that the election process will always be honestly administered? I will answer for you, You lack the ability to make that guarantee.
what an absurd, troll question

obviously no one could guarantee such a thing

have I mentioned before how disingenuous you people are?

Just about any media source that you choose to point to that didn't spend six years committed to vindicating the "Trump Russia collusion" narrative. The list is pretty long.
Name the best one - the most reliable one - or one right there at the top in your opinion, and we will see. That is, if you don't mind having your favorite news source scrutinized too much.

They don't have more space, they don't have more freedom, they don't have more self-determination, they don't have more happiness. The fact is the densely populated areas seem to have less of all the most important things.

I actually made a valid point

you did not

The more people you pack in a small area, the more problems will occur

Name the best one - the most reliable one - or one right there at the top in your opinion, and we will see. That is, if you don't mind having your favorite news source scrutinized too much.
When you're dealing with sources that aren't part of the "legacy media constellation" reliability turns on the plausibility of what is being said relative to other information that you can pull together. What we know about our "legacy media constellation" is that it is very unreliable and has been lying to us for years. This is not just something I'm whipping up here as I respond to your post, this is widely acknowledged by virtually all Americans.

Back