The Covenant in the Blood of Christ

Arkycharlie

Matthew 26:26-28
Now while they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you;
28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

The covenant in the blood of Christ is referenced multiple times on the NT. However, it is also referenced multiple times in the OT. Understanding the OT references is absolutely crucial to a right understanding of perhaps the most significant covenant in Scripture!

The necessary hermeneutical tools to find them are literal interpretation and allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture. The ability to work with the text in the original language is a distinct advantage! I can assure anyone who may read this that misunderstanding this covenant will almost guarantee a significant misunderstanding of the chronology of the events leading up to the great tribulation. I’m betting that no one here can connect the OT dots necessary for a right understanding of this covenant. Prove me wrong and I will be most impressed!

I perceive a good deal of ignorance in this forum. Would anyone agree that the covenant with many in Daniel 9:27 is the covenant in the blood of Messiah?

I perceive a good deal of ignorance in this forum. Would anyone agree that the covenant with many in Daniel 9:27 is the covenant in the blood of Messiah?
No.
Because the agreement in Daniel 9:27 is not a Covenant, as many Bibles mis-translate. It will be a seven year treaty of peace between the leader of the soon the be established One World Govt and the leaders of the new nation in all of the holy Land.
Proved by how God does not make His Covenants for fixed time periods. Especially for just 7 years.

The 'many', are a reference to the people who will violate the real Covenant with God, as prophesied in Daniel 11:32
Also referred to in Isaiah 28:14-15

How do you define 'ignorance'? Don't you just mean those who disagree with you?

Proved by how God does not make His Covenants for fixed time periods. Especially for just 7 years.
I won't define ignorance but will assert that your post is a great example of it.

Did the age of grace have a beginning and will it have an end? Is the covenant in the blood of Christ the basis for the age of grace? Is there a reference to that covenant it in the OT?

You were conspicuously silent in responding to my response to your last post in my "The Seventy Weeks of Daniel" thread because you had no response to give, as it was clearly over your head. Nobody has responded to that post (with the "Table of English Translations of Daniel 9:26) because no one fully understands it or can intelligently refute it. That makes me very reluctant to waste any more time on the subject around here.

Genesis 9:16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
Genesis 17:19 Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

Then Jesus showed how He has done His part of a New Covenant, Luke 22:20, which will be cut between Him and His people, when they all go to live in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:25-31, Isaiah 61:8
To be fulfilled when Jesus Returns.

Daniel 9:27 is NOT a covenant, proved by how that treaty is broken at the mid point.

Its a shame that you respond so negatively. No one has a full understanding of the Prophesies,
I did reply to your thread on the 70 weeks. Your rude and dismissive response killed any normal discussion.

New Covenant is not yet .
Simple understanding of events listed in following verses shows what must happen first .

Jeremiah 3:18 (KJV)
In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.

Jeremiah 31 (KJV)
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name:

Ezekiel 37 (KJV)
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

I am curious...

1) Do you believe in the Pretrib Rapture?

2) Is the “new covenant” in Hebrews 12:24 referring to the “new covenant” in Jeremiah 31:31?

3) When did/does the “new covenant” start?

Hebrews 12:24... And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

My answers are... 1=No, 2=Yes, 3=Calvary

(The third question would have two answers if you answered No to the second question.)

I am curious...

1) Do you believe in the Pretrib Rapture?

2) Is the “new covenant” in Hebrews 12:24 referring to the “new covenant” in Jeremiah 31:31?

3) When did/does the “new covenant” start?

Hebrews 12:24... And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

My answers are... 1=No, 2=Yes, 3=Calvary

(The third question would have two answers if you answered No to the second question.)
1. NO
At least not for the righteous.
Psalm 25:13 (KJV)
His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:9 (KJV)
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:11 (KJV)
But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psalm 37:22 (KJV)
For [such as be] blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and [they that be] cursed of him shall be cut off.

Matthew 5:5 (KJV)
Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

2 & 3 New Covenant.
I believe it is in every man’s heart when it starts .
Jeremiah 31:31 is just telling us the completion of .
The covenant is between each man and GOD .
You walk pleasing to GOD or not .

But you said...

Just to clarify...

Is the New Covenant already here or is it not yet?

I say it is already here.
I told you in the previous post .
It is in the working but not complete .
Israel and Judah will be one .
No one will ask his neighbor do you know the LORD because all will know HIM .
These things have not come to pass .

I told you in the previous post .
It is in the working but not complete .

Actually you said...

Simple understanding of events listed in following verses shows what must happen first .

So that was not true. Actually you meant...

The COMPLETION of the New Covenant is not yet .
Simple understanding of events listed in following verses shows what must happen before the COMPLETION of the New Covenant.

Correct?

Actually you said...

So that was not true. Actually you meant...

The COMPLETION of the New Covenant is not yet .
Simple understanding of events listed in following verses shows what must happen before the COMPLETION of the New Covenant.

Correct?
As you like to play on words yes .
But the context would clarify what I was conveying.

Ignorance around here continues to stymy most efforts to engage in worthwhile dialogue. The subject of his thread is the Covenant in the blood of Christ that our Lord revealed to His disciples in the gospels.

I asked 3 questions that have been basically ignored. They are: Did the age of grace have a beginning and will it have an end? Is the covenant in the blood of Christ the basis for the age of grace? Is there a reference to that covenant in the OT? Simply speaking, the answers are yes, yes, and yes. The "new" covenant of Jeremiah 31 will be in effect in Israel during the one thousand year Millennial Kingdom. It is NOT the covenant in the blood of Christ!

The evidence for these assertions is both complicated and powerful and I am fully prepared to provide such. With that said, I have no interest in debating Keraz on the subject. I consider him so far off the mark that any exchange with him is an exercise in futility.

I don't expect an on topic response so this is probably another waste of time.

Because the agreement in Daniel 9:27 is not a Covenant, as many Bibles mis-translate.

Inaccurate. It is a covenant or testament. According to the CONTEXT in Daniel 9:24-27, it is about God and His People. It is a covenant between Messiah the Prince and His people, Israel.

It will be a seven year treaty of peace between the leader of the soon the be established One World Govt and the leaders of the new nation in all of the holy Land.

Absurd. A false peace treaty with the so-called antichrist is manufactured by themselves and confirmed by DISPENSATIONALISTS.

Jer 4:10
(10) Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

For there is NO PEACE in Jerusalem without Christ. Selah

The 'many', are a reference to the people who will violate the real Covenant with God, as prophesied in Daniel 11:32

Misapply of Scripture. The "many" of Daniel 9:27, according to context, are people of Israel. Since the final week of Daniel 9:27 has to do with God's New Testament congregation on the side of the Cross, it is the Elect who the Lord has confirmed a covenant with His blood. Please read Hebrews 9 yourself. Nothing to do with the antichrist, a peace treaty with the political nation of Israel, or the Jews in the Middle East.

Back