The Creator's Remorse: A Mystery

Dant01

Gen 6:5 . . And the Lord saw that the evil of man was great in the earth, and
every imagination of his heart was only evil all the time.

Man's descent into depravity didn't catch his creator by surprise. After all; not only
can God see the future but He can also manipulate it; so He was well aware even
before beginning that the people He was about to create were destined from day
one for a global deluge.

Also, when God inspected His handiwork at Gen 1:31, He evaluated it not just
good, but "very" good. So as far as He was concerned; everything went smoothly
and according to plan-- nothing was broken, no parts were missing, and nothing
failed to mate with its matching part.

Gen 6:6 . . And the Lord regretted that He had made man upon the earth, and He
became grieved in His heart.

When God created the people of man, it was no doubt with the awareness that the
day would come when He would have to put a number of them down like dogs gone
mad with rabies.

If it can be safely assumed that God saw man's depravity coming well in advance--
prior to creating even one of the many forces, energies, and particles that would go
into the construction of the cosmos --then we have to wonder why it is that He felt
remorse for going ahead as planned. Surely it wasn't because He made a terrible
mistake. I seriously doubt that a master architect with the creator's intelligence
would fail to foresee every possible ramification of their actions.

Well; it's at least comforting to know the destruction of life is not something God
enjoys as if He were an outdoor guy who kills fish and wildlife for sport with no
more sensitivity than a kid blasting aliens in a video game. Man's creator knew the
day was coming when He would have to do what He was about to do next, and
clearly wasn't looking forward to it, but nevertheless; leaves us with unavoidable
questions about His sanity because from a rational perspective, God's procedures
make no sense at all.

Anyway, aside from all that; it appears to me that God had high expectations for
the people of man, and was very disappointed that numbers of them went bad; sort
of like how parents feel when a kid, whom they've given every privilege, every
opportunity, and every advantage imaginable, lets it all go overboard and somehow
ends up incorrigible and a total failure instead.

Gen 6:7 . . And the Lord said: I will blot out man, whom I created, from upon the
face of the earth, from man to cattle to creeping thing, to the fowl of the heavens,
for I regret that I made them.
_

Dant01

Were I a purely logical person, I would have to conclude that the Judeo/Christian
God is fiendish. I mean think about it: why would a sensible designer proceed to
bring into existence, without their consent, human lives whom he knew in advance
that some day he would be destroying most of them.

For example: the creator knew in advance that if He went ahead as planned, the
end result would be the termination of untold numbers of terrified people in a Flood;
along with even more in the lake of brimstone depicted in Rev 20:10-15.

Others have worked around this issue with a posit that the creator isn't all-knowing.
In other words: they suggest He didn't foresee the people's depravity, i.e. He
wasn't expecting it.
_

Others have worked around this issue with a posit that the creator isn't all-knowing.
In other words: they suggest He didn't foresee the people's depravity, i.e. He
wasn't expecting it.
_[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dant01

The creator is sometimes likened to a sort of celestial cattle rancher who raises
hundreds of head of livestock expecting they'll produce a few "blue ribbon" animals
for him to keep for breeding purposes whereas the second-rate animals are shipped
off to slaughter houses.

Bringing thousands, even multiplied millions, of people into existence so they could
lose their lives in order to achieve one's own personal ambition isn't Christian,
rather, it's Machiavellian.

Phil 2:4 . . Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the
interests of others.

Seeing as how Christ expressly forbids selfish ambition amongst his own; therefore,
before proceeding with your ideas, be very sure to ponder all the possible
ramifications of your actions first.

Stepping on people's toes, and/or thwarting their ideas so that yours prevail, fails
to satisfy the law of Christ; which requires believers to love their fellow believers as
Christ loves them (John 15:12). It also fails to satisfy the Golden Rule which says:
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you. (Matt 7:12).
Always looking out for No.1 just simply isn't very nice.
_

If I were God I would have done the same thing. Though, I would surely feel remorse of wiping out most of mankind because of their sins, being able to see the timeline from beginning to end, that action would have preserved the majority of human beings on earth in the future to come. If the Lord had not acted on it, the whole of mankind would have perished forever. We are thankful that he saved 8 human lives including animals to start anew.

Even scientists predict that mankind would be wiped out in 2050 due to human activity. No need to interfere. Humans are more than capable of wiping themselves out to extinction.

It would be problem-free if God were to create human beings with a set of laws hardwired into his mind so that he may not sin anymore. It would be a peaceful earth to live on. Human beings would automatically follow everything listed in the 10 commandments. He would obey his Creator without thought, reason, or choice. He will just obey him automatically. No need for hell and the lake of fire. No such concept as death. We will just procreate and fill the earth and other planets in this universe like an automaton.

Isn't that a better alternative?

But, unfortunately, we were created to have a choice. To have freewill and to reason.

Dant01

POSIT: Since it goes beyond assuming that our Lord God has the power of “perfect
premonition,” it must also go beyond assumption that the Lord God has the perfect
power of perfect “disposition” i.e the ability to dispose of his power of premonition.

RESPONSE: That's a popular work-around, but seeing as how it has no basis in
scripture, then good sense requires that it always be entertained as a spurious
theory.

Rev 4:11 . . O Lord our God . . you created everything, and it is for your pleasure
that they exist and were created.

In other words: God created everything to suit Himself; so it's not too difficult to
understand why it is that some folk regard God as a tyrannical bully who puts
people in awful jeopardy without first consulting with them as to how they might
feel about it.
_

It seems that you're painting a picture that man is not to be blamed at all and it is God's fault for putting him into existence, lol. No man is at fault because he didn't choose to exist. It's God's fault.

This is how I view your point:

When Cain kills Abel, you blame God for creating Abel for simply existing to be a target for Cain. Cain is not to be blamed at all even though he commits murder. Abel existed so it was giving Cain the temptation to kill Abel. If Cain didn't exist, then, murder would not have been committed at all, LOL. Cain should not be punished at all because he didn't choose to exist and God is a tyrant for giving him his punishment. God shouldn't have created Abel in the first place. Cain was happy by himself till Abel came along to make him envious and stir up bitter emotions in him. Lmao! Then the human race started to multiply and everyone started to commit sin. Some people like you will again blame God for everything because he is the cause for everyone to exist causing so much suffering on earth. "If only God didn't create man, none of this would have happened!" You lamented.

This is like a story I heard when a taxi driver in Saudi Arabia hits a man in the street and if that man happens to be a foreigner, it is the foreigner's fault for visiting the country. If he didn't visit, then the accident shouldn't have occurred at all. The foreigner gets the blame and goes to jail for crossing the street when the green man lights up.

Even if God didn't exist and all you see is an accident through evolution, do you think man would live peacefully through natural selection? Do you think the world would be a better place? No killers, no greed, no liars, no thieves, no rapist, no molesters, no war, no diseases, no natural calamity, no earthquakes, no flooding, no hurricanes, no fires, nothing. No suffering in the natural earth. All peaceful. I'm sure if you exist in this world, you're going to post the same stuff trying to find something to blame for your mistakes.

"I didn't ask to exist! Look at what I did! I just killed a man. I blame the gorilla for that! Wait, it's the orangutan! No wait, it's the bacteria's fault for causing to spark this evolution. I don't deserve this punishment! I didn't ask to exist neither the man I killed. He made me do it because he existed which gave me the urge to kill him. I deserve no punishment. Let me get Clorox to kill the bacteria. It's his fault!"

Oh wait, you'll tell me, "That's a popular workaround! I protest!" Trying to water it down and you quote some verses here and there looking for something to blame on God trying to look logical. LOL

I am happy that I exist, maybe you don't and whine all day, lol.

I am even more happier when all evil men will no longer exist in the new heavens and in the new earth. People will again start to multiply to the trillions occupying billions of planets to infinity in the new universe. No more sorrows, no more deaths, no more pain, no more crying, no more whiners for the former things that men have experienced in the old earth will no longer exist or come to memory.

This world is already old, diseased, dying, decayed, and decomposing ready to be hurled in the furnace of fiery flames to be turned into nothing. It will only become a distant memory of the past, to be quickly forgotten.

A brand new earth awaits for those who abide in the Lord.

Oh, wait, you'll blame the Lord again for being unfair. He could have done this today, why didn't he?!! Countless of lives shouldn't have gone to hell! Then you tell stories about a rancher yada yada and we're like cows to be culled. Lol

e v e

Gen 6:5 . . And the Lord saw that the evil of man was great in the earth, and
every imagination of his heart was only evil all the time.

Man's descent into depravity didn't catch his creator by surprise. After all; not only
can God see the future but He can also manipulate it; so He was well aware even
before beginning that the people He was about to create were destined from day
one for a global deluge.

Also, when God inspected His handiwork at Gen 1:31, He evaluated it not just
good, but "very" good. So as far as He was concerned; everything went smoothly
and according to plan-- nothing was broken, no parts were missing, and nothing
failed to mate with its matching part.

Gen 6:6 . . And the Lord regretted that He had made man upon the earth, and He
became grieved in His heart.

When God created the people of man, it was no doubt with the awareness that the
day would come when He would have to put a number of them down like dogs gone
mad with rabies.

If it can be safely assumed that God saw man's depravity coming well in advance--
prior to creating even one of the many forces, energies, and particles that would go
into the construction of the cosmos --then we have to wonder why it is that He felt
remorse for going ahead as planned. Surely it wasn't because He made a terrible
mistake. I seriously doubt that a master architect with the creator's intelligence
would fail to foresee every possible ramification of their actions.

Well; it's at least comforting to know the destruction of life is not something God
enjoys as if He were an outdoor guy who kills fish and wildlife for sport with no
more sensitivity than a kid blasting aliens in a video game. Man's creator knew the
day was coming when He would have to do what He was about to do next, and
clearly wasn't looking forward to it, but nevertheless; leaves us with unavoidable
questions about His sanity because from a rational perspective, God's procedures
make no sense at all.

Anyway, aside from all that; it appears to me that God had high expectations for
the people of man, and was very disappointed that numbers of them went bad; sort
of like how parents feel when a kid, whom they've given every privilege, every
opportunity, and every advantage imaginable, lets it all go overboard and somehow
ends up incorrigible and a total failure instead.

Gen 6:7 . . And the Lord said: I will blot out man, whom I created, from upon the
face of the earth, from man to cattle to creeping thing, to the fowl of the heavens,
for I regret that I made them.
_
He is not manipulative.

Dant01

The topic of this thread is uncomfortable for some Christians because it forces them
to face the rather unpleasant reality that their so-called God of love knew in
advance before creating the cosmos that His project would result in immeasurable
suffering and death in the animal kingdom and also the world of humanity. And yet

knowing all that, He went ahead with it anyway.
_

e v e

The topic of this thread is uncomfortable for some Christians because it forces them
advance before creating the cosmos that His project would result in immeasurable
suffering and death in the animal kingdom and also the world of humanity. And yet

_
He didn’t create this world... so we could start with that.

Dant01

1Pet 1:18-20 . .You know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or
gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from
your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or
defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these
last times for your sake.

Rev 13:8 . . And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship [the beast], whose
names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of
the world.

The Greek word translated "foundation" in that verse is katabole (kat-ab-ol-ay')
which refers to a deposition, i.e. a founding; figuratively: conception

In a nutshell; the two passages above indicate that Christ's crucifixion was included
in the master plan of creation from before God uttered His famous words in Gen
1:3, which implies that His son's crucifixion wasn't an EMT sent to the scene of a
train wreck; no, it turns out that God, by means of precognition, was expecting the
fall of man prior to any men even existing and was all ready for it, i.e. the fall of
man didn't take man's creator by surprise, viz: His son's crucifixion wasn't a
contingency, rather, the event was scheduled, and it took place right on time.

One day when I was a little boy, my dad and I were talking about Jesus and his
crucifixion. I was under the impression that he was a victim of unfortunate
circumstances. But my dad corrected me by saying: No, that was all planned.

I was too young at the time to comprehend the ramifications of my dad's comment;
but years later, while listening to a radio preacher explain it, I began to realize just
how profound my dad's words were-- and still are.
_

SteveB

I heard years ago that creating the human race was an answer to Satan's accusation--- God is neither loving, nor just-- in response to his own judgment-- Isaiah 14, and Ezekiel 28.

Thus, the cross (salvation of the human race) is proof that God is both Loving and Just.

_

You are right. In addition, I am a Christian but my view may be uncomfortable for some Christians as well.

I would like to respond to your OP, but could you clarify your view for me so I know how best to respond.

1) Do you believe God exists? Or do you believe everything started with the singularity and naturally evolved without the aid of a creator?

2) Is there anything wrong or bad etc. with one naturally evolved creature (a human, dog, bee, etc.) killing another naturally evolved creature (a human, dog, bee, etc.)?

Dant01

I would like to respond to your OP, but could you clarify your view for me so I know
how best to respond.

1) Do you believe God exists? Or do you believe everything started with the
singularity and naturally evolved without the aid of a creator?

2) Is there anything wrong or bad etc. with one naturally evolved creature (a
human, dog, bee, etc.) killing another naturally evolved creature (a human, dog,
bee, etc.)?

No clarification will be forthcoming seeing as how I have not previously addressed
either of the items on your list; nor are they germane to the topic of this thread.
_

.No clarification will be forthcoming seeing as how I have not previously addressed
either of the items on your list; nor are they germane to the topic of this thread.

On the contrary...

The title of your thread is "The Creator's Remorse: A Mystery".

So to get you to confirm what you think about "the Creator" I asked...

1) Do you believe God exists? Or do you believe everything started with the singularity and naturally evolved without the aid of a creator?

And to get you to confirm what you think about "Remorse" I asked...

2) Is there anything wrong or bad etc. with one naturally evolved creature (a human, dog, bee, etc.) killing another naturally evolved creature (a human, dog, bee, etc.)?

Since you are unwilling to answer either question, I suspect you are not here for debate but only to pout.

My guess is that there is something about your life that you do not like and you only have two options.
A) everything happens by chance, so nobody is to blame
B) there is a Creator, so I will blame him

Although you would like to believe A, you can only pout if B is true.

Dant01

The Hebrew word translated "regret" is somewhat ambiguous. Though it includes
feeling rue for making a mistake, it also implies taking an unpleasant course of
action that you know will cause people harm and/or inconvenience though for sure
the course is the wise thing to do.

For example: God was poised to destroy the city of Nineveh lest they changed their
ways. Within that city were 60,000 underage children, and numbers of beasts, that
would've been collateral damage had not the adults heeded Jonah's preaching.

God impressed upon Jonah that He would not take pleasure in destroying those
children, nor those beasts. However, God would have done so because it was the
wise thing to do.

I cannot even begin to imagine how it was wise (or right) for God to go ahead and
create mankind while knowing well in advance by means of precognition that they
would go bad and He would have to kill off just about everything-- birds, beasts,
men, women, and underage children too.

The creator knew in advance that if He went ahead as planned, the end result
would be the termination of untold numbers of terrified people not only in a Flood,
but also in the brimstone depicted by Rev 20:10-15.

It's a mystery. People brighter and better educated than I have thus far been
unable to figure it out: they make excuses for God (a.k.a. apologetics) instead of
coming to grips with the reality that we're all little more than an insect zoo: just
bugs imprisoned in a terrarium constructed for the supreme being's amusement.

Rev 4:11 . . O Lord our God . . you created everything, and it is for your pleasure
_

I cannot even begin to imagine how it was wise (or right) for God to go ahead and
create mankind while knowing well in advance by means of precognition that they
would go bad and He would have to kill off just about everything-- birds, beasts,
men, women, and underage children too.

To clarify what you are saying...

Is it wise (or right) for you to kill a mosquito?

Or how about...

Is it wise (or right) for a potter to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into?

Dant01

FAQ: Are you 100% sure that God's regret wasn't due to the realization that He
made a mistake?

A: If we take for granted-- for the sake of argument --that the creator has the power
of precognition; it would mean He saw in advance that the day would come when
the humans He created would become so degenerate that He'd have to exterminate
practically the whole lot of them in a deluge.

If that was the actual case, then the creator's "mistake" wasn't an unforeseen error
that took Him by surprise, rather, it was an intentional glitch deliberately factored
into the creation of human life as we know it; which suggests to me that what
appears to our sound minds as a mistake, somehow serves an important purpose in
the divine scheme of things.

I don't think God ever wished He had done things differently. I suspect He has
often wished there had been some other way to go about the creation of human life
in accord with the grand scheme He had in mind for the current cosmos. It's like
when Christ was pondering the cross: he was wishing there was some way to avoid
it; but of course there wasn't: Jesus was stuck.
_

Dant01

Personally, I don't mind going through life as a product of the creator's imagination.
It's not so bad once you get used to it. And besides: I may be a toy constructed for
the creator's amusement, but I'm a pretty high-ranking toy; after all, Jas 3:9 says
that humans are made in the likeness of God. That's really something when you
think about it.

Yes; I may be a little bug in a terrarium for now, but I'm a little bug with potential.

Eph 1:4-5 . . For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy
and blameless in his sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons
through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

Phil 3:20-21 . . Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a savior from
there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring
everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like
his glorious body.

Rom 8:17 . . Now if we are children, then we are heirs-- heirs of God and co-heirs
with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in
his glory.
_