The Creator's Remorse: A Mystery

Personally, I don't mind going through life as a product of the creator's imagination.
It's not so bad once you get used to it. And besides: I may be a toy constructed for
the creator's amusement, but I'm a pretty high-ranking toy; after all, Jas 3:9 says
that humans are made in the likeness of God. That's really something when you
think about it.

Yes; I may be a little bug in a terrarium for now, but I'm a little bug with potential.

But you say you believe God is NOT wise (or right), correct? (see post #17)

Whereas I believe he is, because God defines what is wise or right.

Dant01

God defines what is wise or right.

When Adam tasted the forbidden fruit, he and his wife obtained an intuitive sense
of right and wrong (Gen 3:22). Unfortunately, the sense they obtained was
unreliable due to the fact that it was a product of the Serpent's handiwork instead
of their divine benefactor's; and that no doubt explains why so many unbelievers
are put off by what they perceive as Christianity's God acting like a demented fiend.
_

.so many unbelievers
are put off by what they perceive as Christianity's God acting like a demented fiend.

Are YOU an “unbeliever” since YOU said in post #17...

I cannot even begin to imagine how it was wise (or right) for God to go ahead and
create mankind while knowing well in advance by means of precognition that they
would go bad and He would have to kill off just about everything-- birds, beasts,
men, women, and underage children too.”

Dant01

the sense they obtained was unreliable due to the fact that it was a product of the
Serpent's handiwork

The Serpent-- a.k.a. the Devil/Satan (Rev 12:9) --has the power of death
(Heb 2:14) and the ability to tamper with the human body and the human mind in
ways not easily detected, e.g. Luke 13:16, Mark 5:1-5, and Eph 2:2.
_

GeneZ

I heard years ago that creating the human race was an answer to Satan's accusation--- God is neither loving, nor just-- in response to his own judgment-- Isaiah 14, and Ezekiel 28.

Thus, the cross (salvation of the human race) is proof that God is both Loving and Just.

It may be better to rephrase that just a bit, since God in his omniscience always knew he was going to create man. Meaning, man was not created later as an afterthought because of the Satanic rebellion of angels.

God always intended to create man. But it was kept as a mystery to the angels. Just like the church age God had kept hidden from OT believers.
Paul calls the church age a mystery. One that was hidden from previous generations. Hidden until God determined to have it revealed.

I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God
in its fullness— the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now
disclosed to the Lord’s people." Col 1:25-26

God foresaw the angelic conflict. He had planned for man (whom He always wanted to create) to be introduced to the angels at a time that was to be used for a teaching tool designed to resolve the angelic conflict. Yet, besides that purpose God is now using man for, God always had other glorious plans for man as well that were to follow.

God is The Omnipotent, Fantastic, Multitasker. He works all things together for the good of those who love Him.

CrowCross

The topic of this thread is uncomfortable for some Christians because it forces them
to face the rather unpleasant reality that their so-called God of love knew in
advance before creating the cosmos that His project would result in immeasurable
suffering and death in the animal kingdom and also the world of humanity. And yet

knowing all that, He went ahead with it anyway.
_
In doing so God knew He would come to earth in the form of a man..die receiving the sins of the elect...which could be said is an expression of the fullest love.

Dant01

In doing so God knew He would come to earth in the form of a man..die receiving
the sins of the elect...which could be said is an expression of the fullest love.

A well-known Machiavellian principle goes like this: The end justifies the means, i.e.
the means, regardless of its sanity, is for the greater good.

The "fullest love" brings into existence a species of doomed creatures just so His
son would have an opportunity to be a hero? The meanwhile knowing in advance
that He would be exterminating large numbers of them in a deluge, and countless
more in a lake of brimstone?

You know, it's just that kind of logic that makes the outside world mock Christians
as kooks; and I cannot help but sympathize with their assessment. However, if the
above is true, then humanity is at the mercy of a tyrannical despot far more
dangerous than Kim Jong-un.

2 Cor 5:11 . . Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men

Heb 10:31 . . It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
_

Last edited:

CrowCross

A well-known Machiavellian principle goes like this: The end justifies the means, i.e.
the means, regardless of its sanity, is for the greater good.

The "fullest love" brings into existence a species of doomed creatures just so His
son would have an opportunity to be a hero? The meanwhile knowing in advance
that He would be exterminating large numbers of them in a deluge, and countless
more in a lake of brimstone?

You know, it's just that kind of logic that makes the outside world mock Christians
as kooks; and I cannot help but sympathize with their assessment. However, if the
above is true, then humanity is at the mercy of a tyrannical despot far more
dangerous than Kim Jong-un.

2 Cor 5:11 . . Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men

Heb 10:31 . . It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
_
Christ Jesus isn't presented as being a hero. That seems to be the picture you are painting.

Christ Jesus came and died because of love. For God so loved the world...

The theory goes something like this..God being God has to, or want's to..whatever...show all the elements of Himself.

That would be love, understanding, Judgement, justice, goodness, jealousy, holiness, sovereignty, providence...the list goes on and on.

In order to show His love He demonstrated it though His death on the cross which was brought on because of the fall which resulted in judgement.

The Machiavellian principle has nothing to do with God as the ends have already happened. That happened before they even got started. The good is not greater but rather the good is Gods will.

To be honest, I don't really care if the outside world mocks the truth. I expect it. Yes, the bible talks of a large number of people being exterminated in a world wide deluge. It even mentions why. Those that mock the truth would be part of the why in many instances.