The danger of replacement theology

Open Heart

This morning, we had a new addition to our forum family of someone who is a supercessionist. Supersessionism is another word for Replacement theology, the idea taht the church has replaced Israel as God's chosen people.

I found the following Christian site to be worth reading. It goes into detail on the dangers of Supersessionism. https://cufi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/The-Dangerous-Doctrine-of-Replacement-Theology.pdf

In particular, it notes the connection between Replacement Theology and the holocaust.

Although Replacement theology used to be pretty standard Christian teaching before the holocaust, the fact that it resulted in a genocidal horror led MOST Christian churches to abandon it. But obviously there are still hold outs.

No. It is not "REPLACEMENT". It is ESTABLISHMENT.

I gave you advice to have your Rabbit join the conversation. I'd love to speak with him.

Christianity doesn't replace Judaism. It establishes Judaism...

Do you follow Tovia? Is he your Rabbi?

Do you deny the very real fact that there are many Israelites that are Christians? You have to admit there are. They don't talk about "replacement"...... there is no replacement.

Although Replacement theology used to be pretty standard Christian teaching before the holocaust, the fact that it resulted in a genocidal horror led MOST Christian churches to abandon it. But obviously there are still hold outs.

It is ridiculous the say that "Replacement Theology" caused the holocaust.

Your entire history is full of your Kings participating in mass murders of other nations. Did Replacement Theology cause that as well?

Did King Ahab kill in the name of God?

I'll blame the RCC and go from there -

my churches talk about Israel and her uniqueness and place all the time
still not all of Israel are believers so...

Your entire history is full of your Kings participating in mass murders of other nations. Did Replacement Theology cause that as well?

It is well known that replacement theology provided the foundation for the holocaust. You can read the website I referenced, or you can read any other of a great many sites that deal with the same thing.

"Church fathers such as Augustine..."

once you get away from the Church Fathers who knew the Apostles, or those taught by them
you get odd Theology creeping in

No. It is not "REPLACEMENT". It is ESTABLISHMENT.

I gave you advice to have your Rabbit join the conversation. I'd love to speak with him.

Christianity doesn't replace Judaism. It establishes Judaism...

Do you follow Tovia? Is he your Rabbi?

Do you deny the very real fact that there are many Israelites that are Christians? You have to admit there are. They don't talk about "replacement"...... there is no replacement.
Rotfl... of course nothing in Tanakh supports this.

Hitler used Luther's teachings as well as historical treatment of the Jews during the Crusades, Pogroms, etc., and followed many laws and precedence to kill and torture Jews.

Are u talking about the ones God commanded? Are you being racist and antisemitic again when you were debunked on this?

Did he, or in the name of Jezebel?

It is well known that replacement theology provided the foundation for the holocaust. You can read the website I referenced, or you can read any other of a great many sites that deal with the same thing.
A great book is "Why the Jews", by Dennis Prager. Gets into heavily the background on antisemitism and the Church's role in it.

if Satan can wipe out the Jewish people, they can't turn to Jesus and call on Him to return
(This won't happen of course, and This will)

Back