The danger of replacement theology

Jews and Christians look at spirituality differently. I think that's your problem.

And even if OpenHeart and I differed, so do most Jews on most topics, just like anyone else.

I agree. You are different. Things that are different are not the same.

Varies sects of Judaism are similar to Christianity when it comes to spirituality.

Glad you agree.... :)

Listen. I'm tired of arguing for one day. I have things to do. Enjoy your day. I'm not trying to do anything other than challenge you on what you believe. I hope you have many years left to reconsider.
Sure. You remain a repeater of falsehoods for another day.

The Church has no promise to be brought back to a specific geographical location if dispersed
Israel does Deut. 30:3-5

rightly dividing the Word of Truth can be very dangerous

So you and Jew...... jitzu agree that rightly doing something is dangerous?

That's not surprising at all......

Deu 30:3 and Yahweh your God will restore your fortunes, and he will have compassion upon you, and he will again gather you together from all the peoples where Yahweh your God scattered you there.
Deu 30:4 "Even if you are outcasts at the end of the heavens, even from there Yahweh your God shall gather you, and from there he shall bring you back.
Deu 30:5 And Yahweh your God will bring you to the land that your ancestors had taken possession of, and he will make you successful, and he will make you more numerous than your ancestors.

Just how many times are you going to claim this happened? The second temple? The third temple? The fourth temple?

You left out verse 6

Deu 30:6 "And Yahweh your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring to love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your inner self so that you may live.

You know what what Jeremiah told you.....

Jer 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to Yahweh, and remove the foreskins of your hearts, men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, lest my wrath goes forth like the fire and burns, and there is no one who extinguishes it, because of the evil of your deeds."

You've been swinging foreskins on your hearts for thousands of years.

Last edited:
So you and Jew...... jitzu agree that rightly doing something is dangerous?

That's not surprising at all......

Deu 30:3 and Yahweh your God will restore your fortunes, and he will have compassion upon you, and he will again gather you together from all the peoples where Yahweh your God scattered you there.
Deu 30:4 "Even if you are outcasts at the end of the heavens, even from there Yahweh your God shall gather you, and from there he shall bring you back.
Deu 30:5 And Yahweh your God will bring you to the land that your ancestors had taken possession of, and he will make you successful, and he will make you more numerous than your ancestors.

Just how many times are you going to claim this happened? The second temple? The third temple? The fourth temple?

You left out verse 6

Deu 30:6 "And Yahweh your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring to love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your inner self so that you may live.

You know what what Jeremiah told you.....

You've been swinging foreskins on your hearts for thousands of years.
In obedience of the commandments.

In obedience of the commandments.

I corrected my post.

Jer 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to Yahweh, and remove the foreskins of your hearts, men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, lest my wrath goes forth like the fire and burns, and there is no one who extinguishes it, because of the evil of your deeds."

I corrected my post.

Beautiful! Circumcision of the heart requires obedience to physical circumcision as well. To love God with all your heart, mind, soul (body). ;)

This morning, we had a new addition to our forum family of someone who is a supercessionist. Supersessionism is another word for Replacement theology, the idea taht the church has replaced Israel as God's chosen people.

I found the following Christian site to be worth reading. It goes into detail on the dangers of Supersessionism. https://cufi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/The-Dangerous-Doctrine-of-Replacement-Theology.pdf

In particular, it notes the connection between Replacement Theology and the holocaust.

Although Replacement theology used to be pretty standard Christian teaching before the holocaust, the fact that it resulted in a genocidal horror led MOST Christian churches to abandon it. But obviously there are still hold outs.
Nice try.

This morning, we had a new addition to our forum family of someone who is a supercessionist. Supersessionism is another word for Replacement theology, the idea taht the church has replaced Israel as God's chosen people.

I found the following Christian site to be worth reading. It goes into detail on the dangers of Supersessionism. https://cufi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/The-Dangerous-Doctrine-of-Replacement-Theology.pdf

In particular, it notes the connection between Replacement Theology and the holocaust.

Although Replacement theology used to be pretty standard Christian teaching before the holocaust, the fact that it resulted in a genocidal horror led MOST Christian churches to abandon it. But obviously there are still hold outs.
Wow.

A Dispensationalist site committing Godwin's Law. One set of biases used to disprove another set of biases, neither of which is historical, mainstream, orthodox, or correct.

Back