THE DAY OF THE LORD AND THE COMING JUDGEMENT

Keraz

I look forward to hearing why you think Revelation was written in 94 AD.
I believe that Revelation was written circa 90 AD.
Because what Jesus told John to write simply has not happened yet. It ties in to all the other prophesies about the latter days, or the end times.

We have been told very clearly what God has planned for our future, why not read and understand it?

Kade Rystalmane

I believe that Revelation was written circa 90 AD.
Because what Jesus told John to write simply has not happened yet. It ties in to all the other prophesies about the latter days, or the end times.

We have been told very clearly what God has planned for our future, why not read and understand it?
I believe they have already happened, all in the first century.
Just because I don't believe the same as you doesn't mean I don't understand it.

For example, John wrote in the very first verse that these things would "shortly come to pass" for "the time is at hand" (vs 3). Over and over again John says Jesus is coming soon or quickly. His prime audience understood that the events would be in just a year or two at best. This is what I understand.

Keraz

I believe they have already happened, all in the first century.
I have read the histories, especially Josephus, and I have read all the Bible prophesies. They are totally different, it is just impossible for the prophesies about the end times to be about what happened in 66-135 AD.

Preterism is a false teaching and leaves those who believe it; in the dark about what God has planned for our future.

Kade Rystalmane

I have read the histories, especially Josephus, and I have read all the Bible prophesies. They are totally different, it is just impossible for the prophesies about the end times to be about what happened in 66-135 AD.

Preterism is a false teaching and leaves those who believe it; in the dark about what God has planned for our future.
If you say so.

Keraz

Several books give their authors ideas of what the world will be like after the Lord's Day of Wrath. None have fully dealt with the subject; they just tell of the earthquakes, or the storms and tsunamis, or the loss of all electric systems, without realizing that all these things will happen at once. What is more; there will be continuous thick darkness.

Our imaginations are simply not good enough to comprehend the terrible time coming, when the sun will send extreme heat, the earth will shake and shudder, powerful, hurricane strength winds will blow, all areas adjacent to the ocean or big lakes will be inundated and we won't be able to see our hands in front of our face.

Friends, my aim and object in all of my promotion of the Bible prophesies, is to make at least some people aware of what is coming. What we have been told by God, but what most prefer to ignore.
Knowing what it is that is happening, that it IS the Lord's doing, will be a great consolation to every faithful Christian. For we will know He is destroying His [and our] enemies.

He has promised us His protection and the amazing example of how He will do it is in: Daniel 3:19-27. The three men in the furnace, had angelic protection.
Isaiah 43:2 When you pass thru water, I shall be with you, …… walk thru fire and you will not be scorched....
Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord, will hold your hand, saying: Fear not, I will help you.
2 Peter 2:9 God knows how to rescue the godly peoples.....

Kade Rystalmane

Several books give their authors ideas of what the world will be like after the Lord's Day of Wrath. None have fully dealt with the subject; they just tell of the earthquakes, or the storms and tsunamis, or the loss of all electric systems, without realizing that all these things will happen at once. What is more; there will be continuous thick darkness.
It says this where?
Our imaginations are simply not good enough to comprehend the terrible time coming, when the sun will send extreme heat, the earth will shake and shudder, powerful, hurricane strength winds will blow, all areas adjacent to the ocean or big lakes will be inundated and we won't be able to see our hands in front of our face.
Sounds like you just imagined it.
Friends, my aim and object in all of my promotion of the Bible prophesies, is to make at least some people aware of what is coming. What we have been told by God, but what most prefer to ignore.
Knowing what it is that is happening, that it IS the Lord's doing, will be a great consolation to every faithful Christian. For we will know He is destroying His [and our] enemies.

He has promised us His protection and the amazing example of how He will do it is in: Daniel 3:19-27. The three men in the furnace, had angelic protection.
Isaiah 43:2 When you pass thru water, I shall be with you, …… walk thru fire and you will not be scorched....
Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord, will hold your hand, saying: Fear not, I will help you.
2 Peter 2:9 God knows how to rescue the godly peoples.....
Except John said it was about to happen 1900 years ago so...

Timtofly

Revelation 21 and Hebrews 12v22-23 say otherwise.
Revelation 21 claims it is a future event.

Hebrews 12:22-24

"But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel."

Yes, literally the souls of millions if not billions are currently in Paradise in permanent, incorruptible, bodies. Free of sin and death and Satan. That is Paradise.

We are not in Paradise. We have not shed this dead corruptible earthly tent full of sin, the only way we can enter Paradise. Your spirit is in the presence of God. Your soul is not. You as an alien on earth are not currently in Paradise.

JDS

Why do you believe that it was written in 94 AD?
Sorry, I do not want to get bogged down on studies that cannot be proven by the words of the scriptures. I will stick with discussing the day of the Lord theme of scripture in this thread because it is so important and if we will believe the words written about it we will all be in agreement of what it is teaching us.

John is building on the words of the Old Testament, especially the apocalyptic texts. What do clouds and earth mean in those contexts?

Also, what do the phrases "quickly", "shortly come to pass", and "time is at hand" mean?
Apocalyptic texts do not mean that every word in the texts is symbolic. Ezekiel's prophecy is call apocalyptic but does it mean the following verse should not be understood literally?

Eze 24:1 Again in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth [day] of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Is that apocalyptic? Ezekiel does this over and over in his book. He tells us when these certain prophecies came to him. They are literal but they do have a prophetic reason for being stated. The wisest course of action is to search out the reason why God did this because there must be one.

Maybe this will give you a better perspective on the promise of a quick return.

Re 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Re 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Re 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

The question one who teaches that the prophecies in Revelation have occurred already is, when did Jesus come quickly? Another question; When did every eye see him when he came as he promised they would?

If Jesus Christ says he will come quickly and at the end of the book, and he has not come some two thousand years later, then it seems to me we must consider that he is speaking of the manner of his coming, the suddenness of his appearing. and not the time frame.

Why do you believe that it is the church in Revelation 4:1 that is called up to Heaven and not John?

1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

Because the prophecies I read concerning the earth in the chapters following , through chapter 19 is dealing with wrath and judgement, both of God and of the devil.

Re 12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

This is the day of the Lord. It is the time God has reserved to pour out his wrath on Christ rejecters and unbelievers and to destroy them out of the earth. The church has been delivered from the wrath to come, which is this wrath. I did not say that, God did. Believers "in Christ" are safe because Christ has already been punished for our sins when he died on the cross and rose again from the dead and we embraced it through repentance and faith. (
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead) Read context.

The day he has appointed is the Day of the Lord and he has been talking about it for hundreds of years, Therefore, if someone finds themselves in it they have no one to blame but themselves. That judgement is described in Revelation.

Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Ro 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Ro 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath
Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Col 3:6 For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation (as in deliverance) by (not through) our Lord Jesus Christ,

Sometimes I wonder how many times and in how many ways and in how many years God would say the same thing before someone would just believe him?

The day of the Lord is future in all prophecies and his wrath is coming, but in Revelation, John said his wrath is come, present tense. read for yourself.

Re 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

These things were future when John wrote the book of Revelation, so it is important to solidify when that letter was written. That's why I asked why you believe it was written in 94 AD.

Why do you believe that 2 Peter is 67 AD?

I do not see this as a necessary, or even reasonable conclusion. What I mean by that is that there is nothing in the text of the scriptures, old or new testament, that requires this as an interpretation. God is not bound by time.
God is bound by his word and he created time. We cannot operate in this world without it. Therefore, all his time frames must follow a consistent pattern for things to make sense for us. And they do if one will believe the words of scriptures.

There is no limitation to God in some kind of super-time where God sees things only for a thousand years for every day that we see.

Well, you are in disagreement with him and not me because he says here.
Ps 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

First and second Peter were written to those whom the prophet Hosea addressed and "not my people." This is the fulfillment of the prophecy that they would be called the "children of the living God." The operative word here is children. This requires a new birth and if you compare this to these strangers to whom his epistles were addressed, you will see that Paul was on the same wave length in Romans 9 when he quoted Hosea in this very context of a new birth of the sons of Abraham before they could be sons of God. Some scriptures are ethnically specific in their application and cannot be understood correctly unless this is understood and acknowledged. NT revelation is dependent upon OT words, symbols, types, and figures.

Matt 13:51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe [which is] instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man [that is] an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure [things] new and old.

I am out of time and if there are spellings errors and other writing mistakes it is because I have no time for review and correction before posting.

Keraz

What I have found as I promote the Prophetic Word, is mainly a desire to avoid any mention of what the future may hold. People simply do not want to know.

Those who do have some interest in their future usually have already made up their minds as to what they want God to do for them. Mostly that means being taken to heaven in a 'rapture'. This Satanic lie has fooled millions.

People who do believe in an end times scenario; Preterism, Spiritualization of the Prophesies, or whatever, are made incapable by God of understanding the truth. Isaiah 29:9-12, 1 Corinthians 3:10-20

All this is part of Gods Plan, of course. Even though what will happen is plainly stated by all the prophets and available to read in our Bibles, most are just unable to comprehend it. So when the sudden and shocking Day of the Lord fiery wrath comes and be sure that it will come: then the fiery test will hit them. 1 Peter 4:12 All who call upon the Name of the Lord and stand firm in their faith, will be saved. The rest not so good; Jeremiah 25:33, Isaiah 66:15-17, but most people will survive by keeping under shelter. Isaiah 2:21, Revelation 6:15-17

About 10 years later, Jesus will Return and commence His Millennium reign.

JDS

Those who do have some interest in their future usually have already made up their minds as to what they want God to do for them. Mostly that means being taken to heaven in a 'rapture'. This Satanic lie has fooled millions.
Those who are in Christ are promised deliverance from the wrath to come. You have obviously made up your own theology and so I have a word for you. Those who teach the promise of resurrection and glorification and translation to the Father's house of the church, the body of Christ, his espoused bride, before the great and terrible day of the Lord is a lie is guilty of lying and is promoting the kingdom of Satan.

JDS

Isa 2:12 For the day of the LORD of hosts [shall be] upon every [one that is] proud and lofty, and upon every [one that is] lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
Isa 13:6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD [is] at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Isa 34:8 For [it is] the day of the LORD’S vengeance, [and] the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
Jer 46:10 For this [is] the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

Isa 2:12 is the first time we see this phrase, day of the Lord. Who is Isaiah speaking to or about? Verse 1 of Isaiah in chapter 1 says he is giving prophesies that concerns Judah and Jerusalem. I believe that and so I will approach the entire 66 chapters with that in mind. I am also going to notice the tenses of the verbs so I will know if Isaiah is dealing with the future or the present or the past. Look at this below;

1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, [that] the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
Out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem

Future tense, and something Isaiah never saw come to pass and neither has anyone else so far. Why? Because it has not come to pass yet.

Watch this present tense portion that is dealing with judah and Jerusalem during the days of Isaiah:

6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and [are] soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.
7 Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither [is there any] end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither [is there any] end of their chariots:
8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not.
-__________________________________

Among all the things God is doing in the day of the Lord judgements, he is purging the rebels from Judah and Jerusalem and all Israel so when he returns in his glory to rule on the earth through them they will all be saved. They would all be killed by the Satan inspired armies of the end times unless God acts providentially to spare them. He will do it by providing a safe haven for them in Petra in the rock cliff houses of that culture. Here is what he says about that.

10 Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.
11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
12 For the day of the LORD of hosts [shall be] upon every [one that is] proud and lofty, and upon every [one that is] lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, [that are] high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,
14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills [that are] lifted up,
15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,

God is dealing here with what will happen in the last days.

16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.
17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made [each one] for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
22 Cease ye from man, whose breath [is] in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

Isa 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days,

Looking at the last days from God's perspective, the last days extends from day 5 to day 7, 3 days or 3 thousand years. This would be from the resurrection through the Sabbath rest. The Sabbath is the Lord's day and is included in these 3 days. For men, the last days would be the 7 year tribulation week when the day of the Lord begins. Same time frame, different perspectives.

These is a lot of important information in this initial mention of the day of the Lord that I haven't even touched. What I am proving is that this phrase it is always in connection with a particular short time of divine judgements and it is always future no matter the time frame in which the 12 authors who deals with the subject write about it. This time frame is over hundreds of years and even centuries.

Keraz

Those who are in Christ are promised deliverance from the wrath to come. You have obviously made up your own theology and so I have a word for you. Those who teach the promise of resurrection and glorification and translation to the Father's house of the church, the body of Christ, his espoused bride, before the great and terrible day of the Lord is a lie is guilty of lying and is promoting the kingdom of Satan.
Are you saying that I am espousing a 'rapture'?
I totally reject the 'rapture to heaven' theory.

Promised deliverance?
We are told we must endure until the end; Matthew 24:13, Revelation 14:12

JDS

Are you saying that I am espousing a 'rapture'?
I totally reject the 'rapture to heaven' theory.

Promised deliverance?
We are told we must endure until the end; Matthew 24:13, Revelation 14:12
Endure to the end of what?

Timtofly

Sorry, I do not want to get bogged down on studies that cannot be proven by the words of the scriptures. I will stick with discussing the day of the Lord theme of scripture in this thread because it is so important and if we will believe the words written about it we will all be in agreement of what it is teaching us.

Apocalyptic texts do not mean that every word in the texts is symbolic. Ezekiel's prophecy is call apocalyptic but does it mean the following verse should not be understood literally?

Eze 24:1 Again in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth [day] of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Is that apocalyptic? Ezekiel does this over and over in his book. He tells us when these certain prophecies came to him. They are literal but they do have a prophetic reason for being stated. The wisest course of action is to search out the reason why God did this because there must be one.

Maybe this will give you a better perspective on the promise of a quick return.

Re 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Re 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Re 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

The question one who teaches that the prophecies in Revelation have occurred already is, when did Jesus come quickly? Another question; When did every eye see him when he came as he promised they would?

If Jesus Christ says he will come quickly and at the end of the book, and he has not come some two thousand years later, then it seems to me we must consider that he is speaking of the manner of his coming, the suddenness of his appearing. and not the time frame.

Because the prophecies I read concerning the earth in the chapters following , through chapter 19 is dealing with wrath and judgement, both of God and of the devil.

Re 12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

This is the day of the Lord. It is the time God has reserved to pour out his wrath on Christ rejecters and unbelievers and to destroy them out of the earth. The church has been delivered from the wrath to come, which is this wrath. I did not say that, God did. Believers "in Christ" are safe because Christ has already been punished for our sins when he died on the cross and rose again from the dead and we embraced it through repentance and faith. (
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead) Read context.

The day he has appointed is the Day of the Lord and he has been talking about it for hundreds of years, Therefore, if someone finds themselves in it they have no one to blame but themselves. That judgement is described in Revelation.

Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Ro 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Ro 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath
Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Col 3:6 For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation (as in deliverance) by (not through) our Lord Jesus Christ,

Sometimes I wonder how many times and in how many ways and in how many years God would say the same thing before someone would just believe him?

The day of the Lord is future in all prophecies and his wrath is coming, but in Revelation, John said his wrath is come, present tense. read for yourself.

Re 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

God is bound by his word and he created time. We cannot operate in this world without it. Therefore, all his time frames must follow a consistent pattern for things to make sense for us. And they do if one will believe the words of scriptures.

Well, you are in disagreement with him and not me because he says here.
Ps 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight [are but] as yesterday when it is past, and [as] a watch in the night.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

First and second Peter were written to those whom the prophet Hosea addressed and "not my people." This is the fulfillment of the prophecy that they would be called the "children of the living God." The operative word here is children. This requires a new birth and if you compare this to these strangers to whom his epistles were addressed, you will see that Paul was on the same wave length in Romans 9 when he quoted Hosea in this very context of a new birth of the sons of Abraham before they could be sons of God. Some scriptures are ethnically specific in their application and cannot be understood correctly unless this is understood and acknowledged. NT revelation is dependent upon OT words, symbols, types, and figures.

Matt 13:51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe [which is] instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man [that is] an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure [things] new and old.

I am out of time and if there are spellings errors and other writing mistakes it is because I have no time for review and correction before posting.
Can you see how upset Satan has to be when reading those words in the first century, "I come quickly", and has been impatiently waiting for over 1900 years?

I can see how he has sown the deception into human thinking, and the futility of humans thinking it was all over in the first century.

If it was all over, we would not even be talking about it. There would be no memory in human understanding of the first century.

All we would know would be after the Second Coming and all of human accomplishments consumed in fire.

JDS

Can you see how upset Satan has to be when reading those words in the first century, "I come quickly", and has been impatiently waiting for over 1900 years?

I can see how he has sown the deception into human thinking, and the futility of humans thinking it was all over in the first century.

If it was all over, we would not even be talking about it. There would be no memory in human understanding of the first century.

All we would know would be after the Second Coming and all of human accomplishments consumed in fire.
Do you have a point

Keraz

Endure to the end of what?
Until King Jesus Returns. Proved by how God's people are seen in the holy Land when the Anti-Christ 'beast' comes there. Daniel 7:25, Revelation 13:7
Do you have a point
Timtofly,s clear point is that 'I come quickly' and words like 'soon' in Rev 1, do not apply to our understanding of timing.
When events do commence, as described in Revelation and by all the Prophets; THEN the Return of Jesus will be soon.

JDS

Until King Jesus Returns. Proved by how God's people are seen in the holy Land when the Anti-Christ 'beast' comes there. Daniel 7:25, Revelation 13:7

Timtofly,s clear point is that 'I come quickly' and words like 'soon' in Rev 1, do not apply to our understanding of timing.
When events do commence, as described in Revelation and by all the Prophets; THEN the Return of Jesus will be soon.
What if some man dies by getting a chicken bone hung in his throat before the king returns and therefore cannot endure until the end? What then?

Keraz

What if some man dies by getting a chicken bone hung in his throat before the king returns and therefore cannot endure until the end? What then?
Why ask such an obvious thing?
EVERYONE who has died, just as we all will do, from whatever cause, must wait in death until they are brought up to stand before God in Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15 The only exceptions will be the martyrs killed during the Great Tribulation; the 3 1/2 year period before Jesus Returns.
The faithful people still living at the Return, will be gathered to where Jesus will be; in Jerusalem. Matthew 24:30-31, 1 Thess 4:17