THE DAY OF THE LORD AND THE COMING JUDGEMENT

Kade Rystalmane

The church is still being persecuted.
Not by Jews. Not in its infancy. Not to the point of facing potential destruction before it was fully established. Context, is again key. It's about how the church relates to the Jewish State. Bringing in anything else is eisegesis.
No, the Second Coming has been imminent for 1991 years. You refuse to deal with God’s longsuffering patience.
Jesus's 2nd Coming was a long time ago, if we are going to give them ordinals. His Final coming is yet future, but that will only be the resurrection of the just and the unjust (Acts 24:15), judgment, and the end of time.
Symbolically means you cannot claim it as literal history either. There is no literal application if you are going to play the "too much symbolism" excuse. Revelation will be forever symbolic. Even your time statements of "soon" and "quickly" are merely symbolism, which applied, means always be ready.
Soon and quickly are outside of the visionary experience John had. They are part of the keys given before and after what he saw to help us understand the time frame of when the vision would take place.

Symbolically doesn't mean I can't claim it as historical. Symbolically means that it represents something else and should not be taken at face value. Someone saying "we should talk about the elephant in the room" doesn't mean there's actually an elephant in the room. It also doesn't mean that elephants aren't real. The only proper way to interpret symbols is to let the Bible tell you what they mean. John is quoting Isaiah 65-66 and Isaiah tells us what those symbols mean and how they relate to Christ. Just like all the other OT prophets. Joel, for example, was writing about the first century. How do we know this? Because Peter said he was in Acts 2.

Timtofly

Not by Jews. Not in its infancy. Not to the point of facing potential destruction before it was fully established. Context, is again key. It's about how the church relates to the Jewish State. Bringing in anything else is eisegesis.

Jesus's 2nd Coming was a long time ago, if we are going to give them ordinals. His Final coming is yet future, but that will only be the resurrection of the just and the unjust (Acts 24:15), judgment, and the end of time.

Soon and quickly are outside of the visionary experience John had. They are part of the keys given before and after what he saw to help us understand the time frame of when the vision would take place.

Symbolically doesn't mean I can't claim it as historical. Symbolically means that it represents something else and should not be taken at face value. Someone saying "we should talk about the elephant in the room" doesn't mean there's actually an elephant in the room. It also doesn't mean that elephants aren't real. The only proper way to interpret symbols is to let the Bible tell you what they mean. John is quoting Isaiah 65-66 and Isaiah tells us what those symbols mean and how they relate to Christ. Just like all the other OT prophets. Joel, for example, was writing about the first century. How do we know this? Because Peter said he was in Acts 2.
The Second Coming is the end of the church period. Where does it symbolically claim the church remains on earth after the Second Coming?

John is not seeing visions. That is the first error of interpretation. John writes in symbolic form. John is not seeing symbolic visions. There is a difference. John is an eye witness to the events as they literally happen. Then he wrote down literal events in symbolic form.

There is no church writer in 100AD claiming the literal events already happened. It is private interpretation from reading the accounts hundreds of years later that lead to such an interpretation. Isaiah 65 and 66 were written to The Jewish State or the house of Jacob, Israel. They were not about the church finally not being persecuted by the Jewish State. They have not been fulfilled yet either, and there has definitely not been peace and bliss since 70AD. The Jewish State was destroyed in 70AD. It did not have a new beginning where all the former things were passed and the whole world was at peace. It was not a State for 1800+ years. That is not even symbolically close to a Jewish State in forever reign. Even the church was then persecuted by a self proclaimed Church State. There is no church state or Jewish state bringing peace to the world for the last 1951 years. Not even symbolically. The church has to continue daily crucifying the flesh. Something that would be over if Isaiah 65 and 66 have been fulfilled.

Eisegesis is the attempt to claim Revelation happened in the first century. That is a presupposition given to the symbolic nature of the text. No one can prove it literally happened, thus a presupposition. The majority of prophecy is only for the house of Jacob. It is a presupposition to claim the church replaced Israel. The OT does not claim replace. The OT implies Israel is set aside, until the fulness of the Gentiles. No where is the claim made, the Gentiles replace the Jews in the first century.

Paul symbolized it as Israel was a branch broken off, that can be put back. The church was a wild branch because of the Gentiles being grafted in. No replacement that was permanent. The wild branch will be taken away, and the Natural one put back is the proper interpretation.

The Second Coming is the end of the wild branch. If you claim the Second Coming already happened, then the Gentiles are not the church and Judaism is.

The Cross and the Atonement marked the end of the Natural branch. That is the Biblical history. The Bible never claims any other event. That is a presupposition of those who seem to just ignore the Cross, and look to Josephus as the source of when the Natural Branch was cut off.

Kade Rystalmane

The Second Coming is the end of the church period.
Please provide scripture to support this assertion.
Where does it symbolically claim the church remains on earth after the Second Coming?
Since the question is based on the assertion above, I will await the supplement of scripture to support the assertion before answering.
John is not seeing visions. That is the first error of interpretation. John writes in symbolic form. John is not seeing symbolic visions. There is a difference. John is an eye witness to the events as they literally happen. Then he wrote down literal events in symbolic form.
Splitting hairs.
There is no church writer in 100AD claiming the literal events already happened.
John himself declared they had.

1 John 2:

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
18 Little children, it is the last time: [ἐσχάτη ὥρα] and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
It is private interpretation from reading the accounts hundreds of years later that lead to such an interpretation. Isaiah 65 and 66 were written to The Jewish State or the house of Jacob, Israel. They were not about the church finally not being persecuted by the Jewish State. They have not been fulfilled yet either, and there has definitely not been peace and bliss since 70AD. The Jewish State was destroyed in 70AD. It did not have a new beginning where all the former things were passed and the whole world was at peace. It was not a State for 1800+ years. That is not even symbolically close to a Jewish State in forever reign. Even the church was then persecuted by a self proclaimed Church State. There is no church state or Jewish state bringing peace to the world for the last 1951 years. Not even symbolically. The church has to continue daily crucifying the flesh. Something that would be over if Isaiah 65 and 66 have been fulfilled.
This is just millennialsm talking. You aren't even trying to understand the position you are opposing. You are just regurgitating your own beliefs as if that somehow negates the arguments I've made. You don't have any basis for these claims other than your own say so and I do not accept you as authoritative.
Eisegesis is the attempt to claim Revelation happened in the first century. That is a presupposition given to the symbolic nature of the text. No one can prove it literally happened, thus a presupposition.
Except that the text says that it was going to happen shortly because the time was at hand. Later John himself declared they had overcome and the true light now shone.
The majority of prophecy is only for the house of Jacob. It is a presupposition to claim the church replaced Israel. The OT does not claim replace. The OT implies Israel is set aside, until the fulness of the Gentiles. No where is the claim made, the Gentiles replace the Jews in the first century.
Gentiles don't replace Jews. All are one in Christ. Hebrews says that there is a new and better covenant built on a better sacrifice, better promises, with an eternal King and High Priest. Judaism only existed as a vehicle to fulfill the promise to Abraham to bless all the worlds through His seed, Jesus Christ (Gal. 3:16). When the Messiah was brought into the world, the purpose of the Israelite/Jewish nation was fulfilled and they were no longer needed. Then they murdered the Messiah and a new covenant went into effect (Heb. 9:16) and under it, the Jewish nation was no different than any other nation.

The church didn't replace the Jewish state. The Jewish State was a physical nation that existed for a specific purpose that has been fulfilled. The church of Christ is a spiritual nation that transcends all physical nation limitations and boundaries. It is superior in nature in every way.
Paul symbolized it as Israel was a branch broken off, that can be put back. The church was a wild branch because of the Gentiles being grafted in. No replacement that was permanent. The wild branch will be taken away, and the Natural one put back is the proper interpretation.
No. The church was not a wild branch in Romans 11. The Gentile nations were the wild branches. And being broken off and needing to be grafted back into the tree (God's family) shows that the Jews are no different than the Gentiles. That is, in fact, the primary message of the book of Romans. And Galatians. And Hebrews. In Christ is salvation found, not in the physical Jewish nation under the law of Moses.
The Second Coming is the end of the wild branch. If you claim the Second Coming already happened, then the Gentiles are not the church and Judaism is.
I don't assign ordinals to the comings of Christ. That's a millennialist thing.

God the Son came many times. Sometimes to communicate with man. Sometimes to bring judgment. Once to be born of a virgin and become a human like the rest of us. He'll come one more time at the end of time to judge the world and take the righteous to Heaven. The rest will be damned to Gehenna for eternity.

You are addicted to physical things. A physical nation. A physical king. A physical existence. I'll keep my eyes set on things above.
The Cross and the Atonement marked the end of the Natural branch. That is the Biblical history. The Bible never claims any other event. That is a presupposition of those who seem to just ignore the Cross, and look to Josephus as the source of when the Natural Branch was cut off.
Now you are just making wild assumptions. I'm not interested in even responding to this.

JDS

Your entire argument is based on the premise that it was written in 94 AD. If you cannot sustain that premise, then your entire argument fails and the rest of your post is pointless. You have admitted that you cannot sustain your premise from scripture, therefore you have no basis for the rest of your claims. They are just unfounded assertions based on a failed premise.
This is complete hooey. I started this op and I know what my premise is. It is to discuss the day of the Lord, which is a theme of the prophetic scriptures. The Revelation of Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the day of the Lord prophecies. Go back and read my op. For this exercise the time of the writing of the Revelation is not relevant. What is important is that it is a prophecy. That fact is stated clearly in Re 1:1 where we are told this;

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it (the revelation) by his angel unto his servant John: The style that God chose for this writing does not make the prophecy less true.

We have God's own qualifier for prophesy. It is here.

Deut 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?
22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

IOW's, all prophecy that the Lord speaks must come to pass or he did not give it.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

The promised blessing is two fold, hearing and keeping the prophecy.

The day of the Lord is always coming until we get here. John says the Lord's day is here.

Re 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

This is the first sound of the trumpet on the Lord's day. The last trumpet of the Lord is in Re 4:1. Paul says the church of Jesus Christ will be translated at the last trumpet. Don't tell me there are trumpets blowing after Re 4:1 because I will tell you that angels blow those trumpets. The voice of the Lord is as a trumpet when he speaks, we are told.

1 COR 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 THESS 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

The Lord gives the three fold division of the Revelation when he says the following.

Re 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

He had just seen the glorified Jesus and the things he described. THe things that "are" are the churches, and from Re 4:1 he clearly says these are things that are here after the church is translated to heaven.

Re 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Re 1:5 John to the seven churches which are
Re 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

All the things that OT prophets predicted for the earth will happen just as the Lord said and it will be in this time frame called "hereafter." They dealt with the earth. John deals with what happens in heaven during the same time frame when God deals with sinners in judgement and death.. This has not been revealed before. The church will be judged during this 7 years period according to their works for rewards in the kingdom and it will take place in heaven at the judgement seat of Christ while the nations will be judged in wrath on the earth.

Believe the words.

Kade Rystalmane

This is complete hooey. I started this op and I know what my premise is. It is to discuss the day of the Lord, which is a theme of the prophetic scriptures. The Revelation of Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the day of the Lord prophecies. Go back and read my op. For this exercise the time of the writing of the Revelation is not relevant. What is important is that it is a prophecy. That fact is stated clearly in Re 1:1 where we are told this;

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it (the revelation) by his angel unto his servant John: The style that God chose for this writing does not make the prophecy less true.

We have God's own qualifier for prophesy. It is here.

Deut 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?
22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

IOW's, all prophecy that the Lord speaks must come to pass or he did not give it.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

The promised blessing is two fold, hearing and keeping the prophecy.

The day of the Lord is always coming until we get here. John says the Lord's day is here.

Re 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

This is the first sound of the trumpet on the Lord's day. The last trumpet of the Lord is in Re 4:1. Paul says the church of Jesus Christ will be translated at the last trumpet. Don't tell me there are trumpets blowing after Re 4:1 because I will tell you that angels blow those trumpets. The voice of the Lord is as a trumpet when he speaks, we are told.

1 COR 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 THESS 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

The Lord gives the three fold division of the Revelation when he says the following.

Re 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

He had just seen the glorified Jesus and the things he described. THe things that "are" are the churches, and from Re 4:1 he clearly says these are things that are here after the church is translated to heaven.

Re 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Re 1:5 John to the seven churches which are
Re 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

All the things that OT prophets predicted for the earth will happen just as the Lord said and it will be in this time frame called "hereafter." They dealt with the earth. John deals with what happens in heaven during the same time frame when God deals with sinners in judgement and death.. This has not been revealed before. The church will be judged during this 7 years period according to their works for rewards in the kingdom and it will take place in heaven at the judgement seat of Christ while the nations will be judged in wrath on the earth.

Believe the words.
As you wish.

Keraz

True he saw literal events but the events he saw are now. not then.
The events described in Revelation and by all the Prophets, are not quite 'now', but will be very soon. Commencing with the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster.
When this sudden and shocking world changer happens, people will then understand the truths of the Prophetic Word. Isaiah 29:23-24, Isaiah 32:3-4

Timtofly

This is just millennialsm talking. You aren't even trying to understand the position you are opposing. You are just regurgitating your own beliefs as if that somehow negates the arguments I've made. You don't have any basis for these claims other than your own say so and I do not accept you as authoritative.
You may not end the OT and start the NT at the Cross, but that is the whole point of the NT.

Then you claim it is all over in the first century. If you claim it is just my interpretation against yours, then that is what it is. It did not take 40+ years to make the transition. The first coming ended the OT. The Second Coming will end the church, because that is when the whole church is glorified. 1 Thessalonians 4. 1 Corinthians 15.

Kade Rystalmane

You may not end the OT and start the NT at the Cross, but that is the whole point of the NT.

Then you claim it is all over in the first century. If you claim it is just my interpretation against yours, then that is what it is. It did not take 40+ years to make the transition. The first coming ended the OT. The Second Coming will end the church, because that is when the whole church is glorified. 1 Thessalonians 4. 1 Corinthians 15.
You aren't listening anymore. Perhaps never were. Communication is thus ineffective. I leave you the last word.

rod.ney

Do you have evidence of this?
Yes I do! Rev.1:9 is where the Apostle John said he was on the island of Patmos! Now for the information that it was in 95 AD that he was there when he wrote the book of Revelation! Polycarp was DIRECTLY discipled in person by the Apostle John, who wrote Revelation. Irenaeus was discipled by Polycarp, who told him that John was exiled to Patmos towards the end of Domitian's reign, as Irenaeus wrote this - " We will not, however, incur the risk of pronouncing positively as to the name of Antichrist; for if it were necessary that his name should be distinctly revealed in this present time, it would have been announced by him ( the Apostle John ) who beheld the apocalyptic vision. For that was seen not very long time since, but almost in our day, towards the end of Domitian's reign." ! Also Eusebius ( an early church father ) wrote that John was sent to Patmos by Emperor Domitian in 95 AD and released after one and one-half years.

Keraz

Psalms 94:1-23 God of vengeance – show Yourself! Rise now and judge the earth, repay the arrogant as they deserve. Lord, how long will the wicked exult and tread down Your chosen Land? They murder and carry out terror attacks, saying: The Lord does not see, their God pays no heed.

Take heed yourselves, you most stupid of people; you fools, do you think that the Maker of all things cannot see or hear? Will He, who controls the destiny of nations, not correct them? The Instructor of mankind has all knowledge, He knows that the thoughts of everyone are but puffs of wind.

Happy is the one whom the Lord instructs, those who receive His Law. They will be rescued from trouble, while the godless fall into a pit of their own making. The Lord will not abandon His people or forsake His chosen Land, for justice and righteousness will again come together and all who love the Lord will experience it.

Who is on the Lord’s side against the godless? Who will stand up for Him against evildoers? I nearly made the mistake of not trusting the Lord, but He helped me in my time of trouble , He held me up and His comfort brought me joy

If justice is perverted and mischief is contrived under the cover of the law, that condemns the innocent – then you must not agree with it. The Lord will repay the wicked for their injustice, He will destroy them for their misdeeds.

The Lord is my Rock, in whom I trust, He will give me refuge.

This is how it is now: The wicked exult and tread down the Lord’s chosen Land, they murder and carry out terror attacks. Psalm 10:1-6, Psalm 83:2-3, Joel 3:4-7, Ezekiel 25:1-17

The prayer of the righteous people: Rise now and judge the earth; God of vengeance, repay the wicked for their injustice, destroy them for their misdeeds. Jer. 9:25-26, Nahum 1:2-6, Zephaniah 1:1-18

The Lord’s reply: The Lord will not abandon His people or forsake His chosen Land. He, who controls the destiny of the nations will judge those who disobey Him. The godless will fall into a pit of their own making. Psalm 7:12-15, Obadiah 15-16, Habakkuk 3:14, Isaiah 26:20-21

Our response: The Lord is my Rock, in whom I trust, He will give me refuge. Isaiah 25:9, Isa. 30:15, John 14:1, Romans 9:33, Psalm 37:3-6, Prov.29:25

His promise: The Lord keeps us safe in the time of trouble. All those who love Him will experience justice and righteousness in the Land. Isaiah 41:1-10, Zeph. 3:16-20, Jer. 31;8-9

Psalm 97:1-12 The Lord reigns, righteousness and justice are His foundation. The heavens proclaim Him and all peoples can see His glory. Zion hears and all her cities are happy at Your judgements. Let the earth be glad, those in the coasts and islands rejoice! Cloud and thick darkness enfold Him, fire goes ahead of Him and consumes His enemies on every side. His lightning flash lights up the world, the earth sees and trembles. Mountains melt like wax at His approach, He is in control, may all who worship false idols be put to shame, for You, Y’hovah, are far above all other gods.

The Lord loves those who hate evil, He keeps His loyal servants safe and delivers them from the power of the wicked. A harvest of light comes upon the righteous and joy to the upright in heart. You that are righteous, rejoice in the Lord and praise His Holy Name.
Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged.

His lightning flash lights up the world: A Coronal Mass Ejection. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1

Clouds and thick darkness enfold Him: The Lord will not be seen at this time. Hab. 3:4

Fire goes before Him and consumes His enemies: Deut. 32:22, Psalms 83:13-18, Isaiah 9:19, Jer.9:10-12, Eze.20:46-48, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7, Rev. 14:18

Zion rejoices at Your judgements: All of the holy Land will be cleared of ungodly peoples. Deut.32:43, Isaiah 4:4b, Jer.12:14, Eze.30:1-5, Micah 5:10-11, Zeph.1:3 &11, Rom.9:22-23

He keeps His loyal servants safe, they will rejoice and praise the Lord: Psalm 50:3-6, Zeph.2:3, Jer. 17:7-8, Joel 3:16, Nahum 1:7, 1 Cor.10:13, 2 Peter 2:9
REF; logostelos.info

Truth7t7

Isa 13:1 - Under the heading "the burden of Babylon." Time frame - Day of the Lord.

6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land (of Israel) desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it (the land of Israel).

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his (the Almighty) going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

If the Lord had been ruling from Jerusalem over Israel, the land would not have been loaded up with sinners needing to be destroyed, do you think?

The day of the Lord judgement is describing a time of 3.5 years just before the setting up of his righteous kingdom, after he destroys the rebel off the world. No one, including God, can have a righteous kingdom with rebels in it. They must be eliminated, and this is the plan.

Take a look at what God has in store for the phyical property of Babylon, the city and region.

Isa 13:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited,
neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation:
neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there;
neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and
their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and
owls shall dwell there,
and satyrs shall dance there.

These dirty birds are metaphors for devils in the scriptures. This is a gate of hell, one of two. The other is in Edom. They are completely desolate all through the 1000 year of the MK.

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Just for a point of reference: Sodom and Gomorrah has not been inhabited for nearly 4000 years, since God reigned fire and brimstone down on them. See verse 19 above. He put the dead sea on top of those cities and it is still there.
You are correct, (The Day of The Lord) will be punishment upon evil wicked world, when the heavens and earth are dissolved by the Lords fire in judgement

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Truth7t7

yes

for He did not create this current heaven and earth...
or these bodies
this is the corrupt situation after the fall....
ruled by the prince of the air
and many will suffer the judgment (tribulation)
in casu, the end times (of this world.)
Jesus Christ Created "All" Visible And Invisible, "All"

1 Colossians 1:16-18KJV
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Keraz

And as in the case of Babel, all of this will be destroyed...
To destroy the present civilization is easy. Just wipe out our electricity generation and supply systems.
This is what will happen when the Lord sends fire from the sun; Psalms 11:4-6, Isaiah 30:26-30, + His terrible Day of fiery wrath will also cause earthquakes, storms and as the earth will shudder and shake, massive tsunamis will badly affect all coastal areas. Over 100 Bible prophesies vividly describe this world changing event - the Sixth Seal. A literal day, which will commence all the other prophesies to happen before Jesus Returns.

This massive 'correction', is coming, similar in extent to what happened in the days of Noah. Why don't Bible believers know about it?