The dead can see , hear and know

fltom

LOL. You've just got to argue about something, don't you.

When you do this, you confirm my belief that you do not know what scripture, or anything that's written, means. I thank you for that confirmation.
LOL

You contradicted yourself and instead of clearing up your contradiction you attack my knowledge of scripture
although you have not been able to even address the verses I posted simply offering a bald denial saying they support you

Again LOL

fltom

No verse 25 is a transition to a related topic. The context:

25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

You see that? He was referring to the resurrection of the physically death unto life or judgement.
Afraid not

25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.

There were no physical resurrection at that time

Hello

this is a spiritual resurrection

the physical resurrection is expressed later

28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation

it is not now and it concerns those in the grave

Believe scripture and its context

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

that speaks of spiritual life and the time from verse 25 is now

ReverendRV

LOL

You contradicted yourself and instead of clearing up your contradiction you attack my knowledge of scripture
although you have not been able to even address the verses I posted simply offering a bald denial saying they support you

Again LOL
I bet @Howie believes every Verse you use means what it says, and is the Gospel Truth...

sundance

And even if it did, even YOU don't believe God is "maximally loving", since He doesn't show 100% love for anyone (except perhaps Christ). God COULD have loved those in Hell more, and prevented them from being in Hell. Since He didn't, you don't believe God is "maximally loving".

Your comments assume that God doesn't want man to make his own choices.

Loving God is optional for men. Jesus Christ committed his love for us, while we were sinners, he died for us.

Howie

LOL

Again LOL
You prove me right. 👍

ReverendRV

Loving God is optional for men. Jesus Christ committed his love for us, while we were sinners, he died for us.
I think his comments are saying that you know God is not a maximally Loving God...

Theo1689

Your comments assume that God DOES want man to make his own choices.

Loving God is optional for men.

I'm sorry you believe that.
Calvinists don't believe that.

Jesus Christ committed his love for us, while we were sinners, he died for us.

Yes.
No all you have to figure out is that "us" does NOT mean "everyone".

sundance

You're not answering my question what are you afraid of?

God. Not you.

Here it is again: do honestly believe that "bad / evil things" are not a subset of "all things" in Rom 8:28?

If you do, your theology is quite silly.

Like I've told you several times now. No. bad/evil things inclusive group of "all things" in Romans 8:28.

You're calling good evil and evil good. Your conflating is contradictory to the Scriptures.

Book, chapter and verse, please?

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

I believe I'm done interacting with you. I ask that you avoid me. I can put you on ignore if you insist. I'm tired of wasting my time just to have to claim I'm not answering your question.

sundance

I think his comments are saying that you know God is not a maximally Loving God...

I believe God loves completely. There is no greater love.

Loving someone doesn't mean that you can have a relationship with them. Have you lived so long in this life and never learned this truth?

ReverendRV

Loving someone doesn't mean that you can have a relationship with them. Have you lived so long in this life and never learned this truth?
I understand you believe this...

But would you say that his comment says you know that God is not a maximally Loving God?

sundance

Your comments assume that God DOES want man to make his own choices.

God made man in His own image. That necessitates that man have the freedom to make his own choices. I bet you've made mistakes and caused yourself problems. I know I have.

I'm sorry you believe that.
Calvinists don't believe that.

I appreciate the kindness but I already knew that Calvinists don't believe this. That is why I said it.

Yes.
No all you have to figure out is that "us" does NOT mean "everyone".

Like "things"????

I believe the Scripture hath concluded all under sin. I see no difference from one man to another.

fltom

Lets put it this way

Love is an attribute of God

God is the greatest possible being

A God who loves maximally is greater than a God who does not

therefore God is a maximally loving God

sundance

I understand you believe this...

But would you say that his comment says you know that God is not a maximally Loving God?

I don't believe I gave any other impression. I believed what he said about what he believes.

I believe he made an assumption. I mentioned it to him and he respond that I was making assumptions. I think we are on the same "page". Thanks

sundance

Lets put it this way

Love is an attribute of God

God is the greatest possible being

A God who loves maximally is greater than a God who does not

therefore God is a maximally loving God

Yeah. No greater love.

Have you ever loved someone and they didn't return that love? I have.

Theo1689

I believe I'm done interacting with you.

Your choice.

I ask that you avoid me.

Sorry, you're not allowed to censor people.
If you post something that someone wants to respond to, they have EVERY RIGHT to respond to it.

If you don't want people to respond to your posts, then simply DON'T POST.

I can put you on ignore if you insist.

You can do so without "announcing" it.

I'm tired of wasting my time just to have to claim I'm not answering your question.

Gal. 4:16 Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Theo1689

I guess you simply haven't put any thought into your position.
There are MANY interpretations of "no greater love", than simply, "God loves completely" (something the Bible NEVER teaches).

Theo1689

God made man in His own image. That necessitates that man have the freedom to make his own choices.

No, it "necessitates" NO such thing.

That's like arguing, "God made man in His own image. That necessitates that man is Holy and Sinless."

Or, "God made man in His own image. That necessitates that man is omnipotent and omniscient."

Your rationalization is utterly ridiculous.

I believe the Scripture hath concluded all under sin. I see no difference from one man to another.

Neither do Calvinists.
Get over yourself.