The dead can see , hear and know

Howie

Like I've told you several times now. No. bad/evil things inclusive group of "all things" in Romans 8:28.
You're wrong, as Gen 50:20 shows.

You're calling good evil and evil good. Your conflating is contradictory to the Scriptures.
Baloney. I've never called good evil or evil good. You're making that up.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

I believe I'm done interacting with you. I ask that you avoid me. I can put you on ignore if you insist. I'm tired of wasting my time just to have to claim I'm not answering your question.
What I want is scripture supporting your assertion about Satan, but seeing as how you're going tuck tail and run now, I won't be getting that proof from you, will I? 🙄

Your remark about Satan also isn't true. You made that up, too.

Last edited:

sundance

That's called a "non sequitur".

That's like saying:

"It's sunny today. Thus, I will get perfect on my math test."

The carnal mind is what?

We create things ourselves. They do exactly what we want to them to do. They can only do what we tell them today because they do not intrinsically have the knowledge to accomplish our desires. We "share" our own knowledge with them.

Autonomy is represented when the "thing" we create "learns" of its own and makes its own choices.

Which is exactly what sinful man does.

Theo1689

Water. Land. One can drown you. You can choose to build upon sand or rock. One choice is better than the other.

The parable of the soils.
Did the soils "choose" whether to be pathway, or rocky ground, or good soil? No, the FARMER (Master) prepared the land (cf. 1 Cor. 3:6-7).

The carnal mind is what?

Questions are not arguments.

We create things ourselves. They do exactly what we want to them to do. They can only do what we tell them today because they do not intrinsically have the knowledge to accomplish our desires.

Exactly the perfect analogy of God's relationship with man.

Autonomy is represented when the "thing" we create "learns" of its own and makes its own choices.

Where does the Bible teach we "learn OF OUR OWN", or "make our OWN choices"?

Chapter and verse, please...
All you have are empty and bankrupt unBiblical teachings of man.

sundance

The parable of the soils.
Did the soils "choose" whether to be pathway, or rocky ground, or good soil? No, the FARMER (Master) prepared the land (cf. 1 Cor. 3:6-7).

No. False narrative. There is nothing in those verses that say the "Farmer" is the "(Master). Apollos planted seed among men. Paul watered seed among men.

Questions are not arguments.

Rhetorical questions are.

Exactly the perfect analogy of God's relationship with man.

No. Man learns. Learning is a witness to autonomy. You're getting there. Slowly, but surely.

Theo1689

No. False narrative. There is nothing in those verses that say the "Farmer" is the "(Master). Apollos planted seed among men. Paul watered seed among men.

Jesus preached to an agrarian culture.
They knew a farmer had to clear a land and plow and harrow it before you can plant seed to grow.

There's a REASON seed won't survive on rocky soil or pathways.

Rhetorical questions are.

"Rhetorical" questions are usually those where the answer is ASSUMED, and there's no basis for the answer.

No. Man learns. Learning is a witness to autonomy.

Do you just make stuff up as you go along?
Where does the Bible teach, "Learning is a witness to autonomy"?

You're getting there. Slowly, but surely.

Nope... Wishful thinking.
You haven't even left the starting gate yet.

sundance

Jesus preached to an agrarian culture.
They knew a farmer had to clear a land and plow and harrow it before you can plant seed to grow.

Agreed. Then why the talk of seed among rocks? One argument is not identical to the other.

There's a REASON seed won't survive on rocky soil or pathways.

Seed can grow in very shallow ground among rocks. Adirondack spruce gets it very tight growth rings from such environments.

Do you just make stuff up as you go along?
Where does the Bible teach, "Learning is a witness to autonomy"?

God doesn't change. God doesn't learn. The same yesterday, today and forever. Man is autonomous from these characteristics. He constantly learns and changes. He often "charts his own path".

Theo1689

God doesn't change. God doesn't learn. The same yesterday, today and forever. Man is autonomous from these characteristics. He constantly learns and changes. He often "charts his own path".

You offer nothing but worthless baseless claims.
Earlier you admitted that you were only offering me your opinion.
If you really believe that, why do you feel the need to try to brainwash me by repeating your same old garbage over and over again:

"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";

The facts that (1) you have no Biblical support, and (2) you feel the need to repeat yourself over and over proves to me that your claim is false.

sundance

You offer nothing but worthless baseless claims.
Earlier you admitted that you were only offering me your opinion.
If you really believe that, why do you feel the need to try to brainwash me by repeating your same old garbage over and over again:

"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";
"Man is autonomous";

The facts that (1) you have no Biblical support, and (2) you feel the need to repeat yourself over and over proves to me that your claim is false.

False narrative.

I referenced the Scriptures. I didn't quote a verse but I referenced Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

There are distinct differences between God and man. Differences that witness to the autonomy of man.

Theo1689

False narrative.

I referenced the Scriptures. I didn't quote a verse but I referenced Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

There are distinct differences between God and man. Differences that witness to the autonomy of man.

Malachi says NOTHING about "the autonomy of man".
Nor does any other verse in Scripture.
You simply make up garbage as you go along.

fltom

If it were about spiritual life there would be no need for "the hour is coming" it seems to me.

Because God had always been giving spiritual life. So the hour has already been and always was.

And notice all those who hear live......all. that can only be the resurrection of the dead, not spiritual life.

What is happening here is Jesus speaks of his life giving word that imparts spiritual life in verse 24, , then he goes on to show his Word aldo gives physical life to the already dead at the resurrection.

It's all Jesus.

It's not about us.
Sorry Christ had to go to the cross , and die as per the gospel

Regeneration is through the gospel

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
1 Peter 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1 Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The simple fact is there was no physical resurrections at the time called now

You have ignored the context of the verse and the one before it

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.