The dead can see , hear and know

Chalcedon

What, prayer don’t work in your new religion? It works in mine. And I don’t know what God’s will is for you. How do you know it isn’t His will for me to pray for you?
And the Spirit helps us when we pray, I may not know exactly what to pray for concerning you but the Spirit knows.
maybe God gave you over to your freshly desires for a time? I dunno. Like a partial hardening? To teach you to turn to him and not your own understandings?
no God has predestined by beliefs, made me this way and no one can resist His will.

in fact in calvinism god predetermines your sins.

I know and understand how prayer really works outside of calvinism. But in Calvinism its meaningless. Nothing will change.

oops.

Carbon

no God has predestined by beliefs, made me this way and no one can resist His will.
Oh now your being silly. What’s your new religion, sillyism?
in fact in calvinism god predetermines your sins.
God causes us to sin? Really?
I know and understand how prayer really works outside of calvinism. But in Calvinism its meaningless. Nothing will change.

oops.
As I suspected for a long time, your lack of understanding of the reformed faith. Being a dipsy truly does explain a lot.

Trying to help….

Chalcedon

How can a false gospel ( tulip ) help me ?

I'm confused. How absurd. See the new thread .

Carbon

How can a false gospel ( tulip ) help me ?

I'm confused. How absurd. See the new thread .

Respectfully bud, being a dipsy and following a Mennonite, I believe have clouded your vision.

But there is hope.

Hope this helps?

sundance

prayer doesn't work since your god predestined me to believe this- why would you pray against Gods will ?

Daniel Wallace once wrote about the difficulty of praying within the context of Calvinism. It was an honest and thought provoking article. It is rare to find such from those who believe God can't listen to man and respond accordingly.

Chalcedon

Daniel Wallace once wrote about the difficulty of praying within the context of Calvinism. It was an honest and thought provoking article. It is rare to find such from those who believe God can't listen to man and respond accordingly.
Amen I would like to read it if you can find a link.

I just ordered this book- Does God love everyone ? The heart of what's wrong with Calvinism.

I'm enjoying my journey of deconstruction with calvinism. It began with PSA- wrath from Father/Son and how now lead into tulip. It all stems from Gods attributes and misunderstanding who God is at His very nature, core Being. If God is Love and He is even before Creation when it was just Father, Son and Holy Spirit and all the commandments are summed up in loving God with our entire being and others then we need to look no further then to examine Scripture in light of God being Love and the character of the believer being on of love. By this all men will know you are my disciples by your love for one another. 1 John in every chapter lays out what love looks like in a practical way as does Paul, Peter and James in their writings. Its at the Center of Gods character, the church, marriage, family and the entire Christians life, If we miss this we miss God and Christianity.

And some people want to dismiss God is Love and focus on wrath, vengeance, judgment etc...........

sundance

Amen I would like to read it if you can find a link.

I just ordered this book- Does God love everyone ? The heart of what's wrong with Calvinism.

I'm enjoying my journey of deconstruction with calvinism. It began with PSA- wrath from Father/Son and how now lead into tulip. It all stems from Gods attributes and misunderstanding who God is at His very nature, core Being. If God is Love and He is even before Creation when it was just Father, Son and Holy Spirit and all the commandments are summed up in loving God with our entire being and others then we need to look no further then to examine Scripture in light of God being Love and the character of the believer being on of love. By this all men will know you are my disciples by your love for one another. 1 John in every chapter lays out what love looks like in a practical way as does Paul, Peter and James in their writings. Its at the Center of Gods character, the church, marriage, family and the entire Christians life, If we miss this we miss God and Christianity.

And some people want to dismiss God is Love and focus on wrath, vengeance, judgment etc...........

I've spent some time trying to find it again. I read it many years ago but I can't seem to find it anymore. I might have it saved somewhere. I'll check.

sundance

ok thanks

It had to do with Ehrman and why he abandoned his faith. It dealt with the difficulty of Calvinism, prayer and suffering.

I believe most Calvinist have to admit it is difficult to accept "The good pleasure of God's will" as an answer for the suffering of saints that God supposedly "predetermined" to "His Glory".... instead of the causal result of man's weaknesses and failures.

It might make a good topic for this forum.

Last edited:

fltom

It had to do with Ehrman and why he abandoned his faith. It dealt with the difficulty of Calvinism, prayer and suffering.

I believe most Calvinist have to admit it is difficult to accept "The good pleasure of God's will" as an answer for the suffering of saints that God supposedly "predetermined" to "His Glory".... instead of the causal result of man's weaknesses and failures.

And the good pleasure of his man is a mighty poor answer to God unconditionally reprobating those he claims to love and not desire that they perish

Howie

Appeal to emotion fallacy. ^