THE DECEPTION THAT CHANGED THE ADVENTIST CHURCH

Pipiripi

THE WARNING

"I should be an unfaithful watchman, were I to hold my peace, when I see the very foundation of our faith being torn away by those who have departed from the faith, and who are now adrift, without an anchor. In this time, when false doctrines are being taught, we are to teach the same truth that we have taught for the past half century. I have not changed my faith one jot or one title." (E. White, let 150, May 15, 1906)

"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, AND our Lord Jesus Christ." (Jude 1:4)

In Revelation 12:17, we read that the 'dragon',which is Satan, was 'wrote with the woman', which is God's church, and 'went to make war with the remnant of her seed'. Now Satan had already tried the persecution route, in a bid to wipe out God's church, during the dark ages. But he found that this only made the church grow! So what was he to try with the remnant church in the end times? What better way than to destroy within, using infiltration, deception and changing the very core beliefs of God's remnant church. If Satan could succeed in 'deceiving God's elect' (Matthew 24:24), in causing them to turn from the truth, then he could triumph!

The Alpha heresies had already entered our church in the days of Ellen White, through John Harvey Kellogg. But the Omega of heresies was to follow, and Sister White warned that it would be of a most 'startling nature': "Be not deceived; many will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. We have now before us the alpha of this danger. The omega will be of a most startling nature." (E.White, Testimonies for the Church Containing Letters to Physicians and Ministers Instruction to Seventh-day Adventists, July 24, 1904, pgr. 16)

"Living Temple contains the alpha of these theories. I knew that the omega would follow in a little while; and I trembled for our people." (E.White, Testimonies for the Church Containing Letters to Physicians to Seventh-day Adventist, pgr. 53)

"I tell you now, that when I am laid to rest, great changes will take place ... I want the people to know that I warned them fully before my death. "(E.White, Manuscript 1, February 24, 1915)

So this heresy which was to come into our ranks, was clearly to be of a most serious nature, which caused Sister White to 'tremble' for the people of our church. She warned of 'changes' that were to take place in our church after she died. Changes that would change the very religion of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination.

"The enemy of souls has sought to bring in the supposition that a great reformation was to take place among Seventh-day Adventists, and that this reformation would consist in giving up the doctrines which stand as the the pillars of our faith, and engaging in a process of reorganization. Were this reformation to take place, what would result? The principles of truth that God in His wisdom has given to the remnant church, would be discarded. Our religion would be changed. The fundamental principles that have sustained the work for the last fifty years would be accounted as error. A new organization would be established. Books of a new order would be written. A system of intellectual philosophy would be introduced." (E.White, Testimonies for the Church Containing Letters to Physicians and Ministers Instruction to Seventh-day Adventists, pgr.53)

"We cannot now step off the foundation that God has established. We cannot now enter into any new organization; for this world mean apostasy from the truth." (E.White, Manuscript Releases, Volume 20, p. 151)

This is the 'war' which Satan was to bring to God's end time church. A war much greater than using destroying weapons. It would be a war which would seek to remove the very foundation of our faith and cause the Seventh-day Adventist Church to 'clasp hands' with Babylon! And what could be more shocking or 'startling', than to deceive the church into worshipping a false god! Specifically, the false trinity god of Babylon!

Our church was built upon the very BIBLICAL, foundational truth of the one true God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, who was literally begotten of the Father sometime in eternity past as a true Son. With the Holy Spirit being the Father's own divine Spirit, which He has given to His Son Jesus. And Ellen White warned our church NOT to enter into controversy over the beliefs about God which our pioneers held;

"I knew that the omega would follow in a little while; and I trembled for our people. I knew that I must warn our brethren and sisters not to enter into controversy over the presence and personality of God ... The spiritualistic theories regarding the personality of God, followed to their logical conclusion, sweep away the whole Christian economy." (E.White, Testimonies for the Church Containing Letters to Physicians and Ministers Instruction to Seventh-day Adventists, pgr. 53-54)

"I entreat every one to be clear and firm regarding the certain truths that we have heard and received and advocated. The statements of God's Word are plain. Plant your feet firmly on the platform of eternal truth. Reject every phase of error, even though it be covered with a semblance of reality, which denies the personality of God and of Jesus Christ." (E.White, Review and Herald, Aug. 31, 1905, par. 11)

Sadly, the church did not listen to this council and entered into controversy over the personality of God and His Son, seeking to sweep away the foundation of our church and bring the trinity god of Rome into our church.

ENTER LEROY FROOM

There was a movement right after the death of Ellen White and our pioneers to adopt Trinitarianism into our church. And although there were a number of leaders involved in this movement, one of the main characters was the man LeRoy Froom. You see, the Seventh-day Adventists Church was seen as a 'cult' by the rest of the world, and so LeRoy Froom and others, instead of putting forth the straight truth to convince the world that we are not a cult, they changed the very foundational pillar of our church, the God we worship, to bring the Seventh-day Adventist Church more in line with the rest of the world. And what is the foundational teaching which the churches of Babylon unite on? The Trinity god! Just take a look at Froom's confession in his book 'Movement of Destiny'.

"May I here make a frank, personal confession? When back between 1926 and 1928 I was asked by our leaders to give a series of studies on the Holy Spirit ... I found that aside from priceless leads found in the Spirit of Prophecy, there was practically nothing in our literature setting forth a sound, Biblical exposition in this tremendous field of study. There were no previous pathfinding books on the question in our literature." (LeRoy Froom, Movement of Destiny, p. 322)

Actually, there is much information regarding the Holy Spirit in the writings of Ellen White and our pioneers. Information that reveals the Holy Spirit to be the Spirit of Christ HIMSELF, not some other 'third being'. Look at the following two examples of hundreds of quotes:

"It is not safe to catch the spirit from another. We want the Holy Spirit, which is Jesus Christ." (E.White, Letter 66, April 10, 1894, par. 17-18)

"They have one God and one Saviour; and one Spirit--THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST--is to bring unity into their ranks." (E.White, Testimonies, Vol. 9 p.189)

So why did Froom say the above? Because NONE of our pioneers were Trinitarians. And it was information supporting the trinity which Froom was looking for. And the fact that he said there were 'priceless leads' in Ellen White's writings, shows that she also did not believe in the trinity. But what does Froom do? He chooses one or two texts out of context and deceitfully uses them to make people believe that Sister White did believe in the trinity, when she didn't. And Ellen White warned about her words being used deceitfully in Kellogg's book. Speaking of Dr. Paulson who was becoming confused by Kellogg's teaching, she said ... "Let Dr. Paulson take heed that he be not deceived. He may say, "Sister White's own words are repeated in Dr. Kellogg's teachings." True; but misinterpreted and misconstrued." (E.White, Letter 271b, 1903)

Don't the various Sunday keeping churches have 'priceless leads' in scripture to support their false Sunday sabbath teaching and others? But those so called 'priceless leads' are taken out of context and wrongly interpreted. So what does Froom admit to turning to? [Because there wasn't any hard evidence in Ellen White's writings to support his case].

"I was compelled to search out a score of valuable books written by men outside of our Faith ... for initial clues and suggestions ... Having these, I went on from there. But they were decided early helps. And scores, if not hundreds, could confirm the same sobering conviction that some of these other men frequently had a deeper insight into the spiritual things of God than many of our own men had on the Holy Spirit and the triumphant obscure theme." (LeRoy Froom, Movement of Destiny, p.322)

Will continue!

JonHawk

We are to teach the same truth that we have taught for the past half century. I have not changed my faith one jot or one title." (E. White, let 150, May 15, 1906)

We'll get back to this.

"It is not safe to catch the spirit from another. We want the Holy Spirit, which is Jesus Christ." (E.White, Letter 66, April 10, 1894, par. 17-18
But after faith has come, we are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Gal 3

Pipiripi

But after faith has come, we are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Gal 3
I understand this statement, take a look in Ezekiel 18. Many Christians think one time safe, forever safe. Because they have only faith in Jesus. And paul says, faith without work is a death faith.
Show me your faith without work, and I show you my faith through my works!!

JonHawk

We are to teach the same truth that we have taught for the past half century. I have not changed my faith one jot or one title." (E. White, let 150, May 15, 1906)

We'll get back to this.

"It is not safe to catch the spirit from another. We want the Holy Spirit, which is Jesus Christ." (E.White, Letter 66, April 10, 1894, par. 17-18

I understand this statement, take a look in Ezekiel 18. Many Christians think one time safe, forever safe. Because they have only faith in Jesus. And paul says, faith without work is a death faith.
As you said, we'll get back to this:

And, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. And there was given Him [480] dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away." GC, {EGW}

Formersda

Where in the bible does it say that works will save you? Where in the bible does it say that your works will cause you to lose your salvation?

Formersda

If you where to die today what would save you?

Buzzard

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Paul continues

But is under :devilish: tutors and governors :devilish: until the time appointed of the father.

That would be those that Tutor = Teach
Governors = Judicial /Government

and are those that had rule over them
ie:
Levi and Judah

Howbeit then,
when ye knew not God, ye did service unto :devilish:them :devilish: which by nature are no gods.

But when the fulness of the time was come,
God sent forth his Son,

Pipiripi

Where in the bible does it say that works will save you? Where in the bible does it say that your works will cause you to lose your salvation?
Write "faith without work" and search. Then you proof me from the Bible your faith without work will safe you okay.

Formersda

Write "faith without work" and search. Then you proof me from the Bible your faith without work will safe you okay.
Can you show me in the bible that works will save you?
1st Corinthians 3:9-15
9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.
10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled[a] master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— 13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
Do my works save me? Will I be lost?

Last edited:

Formersda

Hebrews 11

The Triumphs of Faith​

11 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2 For by it the men of old gained approval.

3 By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. 4 By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through [g]faith, though he is dead, he still speaks. 5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God. 6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. 7 By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he lived as an alien in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs of the same promise; 10 for he was looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 By faith even Sarah herself received ability to conceive, even beyond the proper time of life, since she considered Him faithful who had promised. 12 Therefore there was born even of one man, and him as good as dead at that, as many descendants as the stars of heaven in number, and innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.

13 All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. 15 And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was offering up his only begotten son; 18 it was he to whom it was said, “In Isaac your descendants shall be called.” 19 He considered that God is able to raise people even from the dead, from which he also received him back as a type.20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau, even regarding things to come. 21 By faith Jacob, as he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff. 22 By faith Joseph, when he was dying, made mention of the exodus of the sons of Israel, and gave orders concerning his bones.

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king’s edict.24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, 25 choosing rather to endure ill-treatment with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, 26 considering the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt; for he was looking to the reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured, as seeing Him who is unseen.28 By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of the blood, so that he who destroyed the firstborn would not touch them. 29 By faith they passed through the Red Sea as though they were passing through dry land; and the Egyptians, when they attempted it, were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days.31 By faith Rahab the harlot did not perish along with those who were disobedient, after she had welcomed the spies in peace.

32 And what more shall I say? For time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets, 33 who by faith conquered kingdoms, performed acts of righteousness, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions,34 quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight. 35 Women received back their dead by resurrection; and others were tortured, not accepting their release, so that they might obtain a better resurrection; 36 and others experienced mockings and scourgings, yes, also chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated 38 (men of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves and holes in the ground.

39 And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

MMDAN

In James 2:14, we read of one who says/claims he has faith but has no works (to evidence his claim). That is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. So when James asks, "Can that faith save him?" he is saying nothing against genuine faith, but only against an empty profession of faith/dead faith. *So James does not teach that we are saved "by" works. His concern is to show the reality of the faith professed by the individual (James 2:18) and demonstrate that the faith claimed (James 2:14) by the individual is genuine. Simple!

MMDAN

Christians believe we are saved by something entirely different. We believe what Paul told us.

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB
Amen! Romans 4:2 For if Abraham was justified (accounted as righteous) by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it (faith, not works) was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

Pipiripi

10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled[a] master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— 13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Take a look in your Bible and trust only the Bible!!

1 Thessalonians 1:3. James 2:18. James 2:20. James 2:26.
If those verses cannot convince you!! Nothing more in the Bible can convinced you!!

Formersda

Take a look in your Bible and trust only the Bible!!

1 Thessalonians 1:3. James 2:18. James 2:20. James 2:26.
If those verses cannot convince you!! Nothing more in the Bible can convinced you!!
James 2:14-26

Faith and Works​

14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

18 But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. 20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was working with his works, and [f]as a result of the works, faith was perfected; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,” and he was called the friend of God.24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Can you prove Abraham kept the sabbath from scripture

MMDAN

In James 2:24, James is not using the word "justified" here to mean "accounted as righteous" but is shown to be righteous. James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God. (Romans 4:2-3) Works bear out the justification that already came by faith.

Pipiripi

Yes I can!! How? Because God has spoken to him and he have obey God. If Moses have write the 5 first books in the Bible, why did he write that Noah must bring clean and unclean animals in the arch!! Who was telling Moses what to write? Did Moses knows by studying the beginning from the world by himself?
Do you see now. Why don't you ask me questions here: I can answered all questions BIBLICAL!!
James 2:14-26

Faith and Works​

14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

18 But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. 20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was working with his works, and [f]as a result of the works, faith was perfected; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,” and he was called the friend of God.24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Can you prove Abraham kept the sabbath from scripture

Common Tater

Yes I can!! How? Because God has spoken to him and he have obey God. If Moses have write the 5 first books in the Bible, why did he write that Noah must bring clean and unclean animals in the arch!! Who was telling Moses what to write? Did Moses knows by studying the beginning from the world by himself?
Do you see now. Why don't you ask me questions here: I can answered all questions BIBLICAL!!
If you take the time to read Genesis 7-9 carefully, you will see that clean and unclean before the flood had to do with what was an acceptable animal for sacrifice. It did not have to do with food because God did not give permission to eat meat until after the flood and in Genesis 9, he gave Noah and his kin permission to eat every living animal.

And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. “The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. “Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. Genesis 9-1-3 NASB

Pipiripi

If you take the time to read Genesis 7-9 carefully, you will see that clean and unclean before the flood had to do with what was an acceptable animal for sacrifice. It did not have to do with food because God did not give permission to eat meat until after the flood and in Genesis 9, he gave Noah and his kin permission to eat every living animal.

And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. “The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. “Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. Genesis 9-1-3 NASB
Who write this part? Noah or Moses?

What about Kaine sacrifice and Able? Who wrote it? Isn't it a man that God has given knowledge above any man in this world at his time? Then God gives some more of them extra knowledge to makes the tabernacle and the things for the sanctuary exactly how Moses saw the one in heaven?

God rested at the 7th day of Hiscreation, who told Moses that? Was it Abraham? Or Methuselah?