The decline of Catholicism in Latin America

Also they were bad students or had poor RC teachers. Those have been said to me.
Yep
When dealing with anyone that has left our church, it is important that you immediately charge them with blatant ignorance of the Catholic Church and what she teaches. You must charge this person with not ever being a real Catholic to begin with or never understanding what they were taught. This is very important. It must be made clear to all listeners or lurkers that only ignorant people leave our faith. That is the only possibility, right?

This maneuver must be used especially if they seem better informed than the average Catholic about Catholicism.
We never want any lurkers to ever get the idea that anyone would ever
leave Mother Church if they really, really understood her teachings

If that means charging others as ignorant, so be it.
We must break a few eggs to make an omelet.
Don't forget that Catholic. God will forgive you.

Judas - betrayed
Peter - denied
Thomas - doubted
Paul - persecuted
Judas was never saved. He was not at Pentecost. He was there for a purpose. Peter would be appalled by your institution and its false teachings and claims. Thomas was normal and then went and started churches, he did remain in doubt. Paul changed after he was saved.

Yet you claim your leaders are saved and yet they hide sin and allow sins to run rampant among the leaders, they teach false doctrines. There is a major difference.

Also they were bad students or had poor RC teachers. Those have been said to me.
You mean these RC folk (won't call them "apologists"!) say that the RCC-approved teachers (nuns or lay) didn't know what they were talking about? Were misinforming young RC minds? And that the RCC did nothing about it? Uh, huh. Yep. Sure.

--Rich

and I expect that would be the most common answer

whereas ; I visit lifesite news everyday, Church militant and EWTN news once /week (which links to other sites)
Lifesite and Church Militant are forbidden links on most good Catholic forums. They exist to bash the Church and Pope. EWTN has fallen out of favor with ordinary Catholics as well since its lent its platform to the very strange Archbishop Vigano. You should go to sites like The Pillar, Catholic News Service, Wherepeteris,

Lifesite and Church Militant are forbidden links on most good Catholic forums. They exist to bash the Church and Pope. EWTN has fallen out of favor with ordinary Catholics as well since its lent its platform to the very strange Archbishop Vigano. You should go to sites like The Pillar, Catholic News Service, Wherepeteris,
Even forbid anyone would tell the truth about the RCC. So one should only go to sites that hide the truth

Lifesite and Church Militant are forbidden links on most LIBERAL Catholic forums.

Lifesite and Church Militant are forbidden links on most LIBERAL Catholic forums.
That isn't true. Those sites are well known to be the worst of rad trad sites interwoven with alt right ideals. They have no credibility with genuine conservative Catholics at all.

That isn't true. Those sites are well known to be the worst of rad trad sites interwoven with alt right ideals. They have no credibility with genuine conservative Catholics at all.
Aren't there some church leaders who write on these sites. I saw this on the webpage entry discussing Church militant:

all of the liturgical innovations brought to us by the "spirit of Vatican II," including clown masses, balloon masses, puppet masses, homemade banners, horrible liturgical music (Sons of God, anyone?), and somewhat-less-than-awe-inspiring architecture for new churches

I mean is this right. Now they can add dragon dances to their list.

Aren't there some church leaders who write on these sites. I saw this on the webpage entry discussing Church militant:

all of the liturgical innovations brought to us by the "spirit of Vatican II," including clown masses, balloon masses, puppet masses, homemade banners, horrible liturgical music (Sons of God, anyone?), and somewhat-less-than-awe-inspiring architecture for new churches

I mean is this right. Now they can add dragon dances to their list.
I see these masses as desparate attempts by the RCC to attract (or hold onto) people. Sounds like they've been taking notes from the "Church Growth Movement" ?

And yet the RCC ignores that poll(?) that said that people are leaving the RCC because they want more spiritual studies. The RCC is trading in any thoughtful Catholics for clown-Catholics.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

I see these masses as desparate attempts by the RCC to attract (or hold onto) people. Sounds like they've been taking notes from the "Church Growth Movement" ?

And yet the RCC ignores that poll(?) that said that people are leaving the RCC because they want more spiritual studies. The RCC is trading in any thoughtful Catholics for clown-Catholics.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
There problem would go away if their leaders got saved and taught the truth. If their actions showed they were following Jesus. The problem is the actions of the leaders are telling the people they are going to fail. There is only one way for leaders to be able to follow Jesus and that is to know Him.

1 Tim 4:12

Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

1Peter 2:16

Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.

Then they would show the people you can change when saved and also they could preach on how to avoid sin. The bible is full of how to avoid sin. Jesus showed us one way when he fought temptation by saying it is written....

Gal 5:16

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh

eph 6:11

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Heb 13:5

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

1 tim 5:8

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

John 14;26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you

This is just some of those helpful verses and also the world has good ideas to help avoid places that tempt you eg if you are a drinker avoid the pub.

"Catholicism is losing its grip in Latin America as the percentage of people who say they identify as evangelical has grown"

Question for ya regarding Roman Catholicism losing it's grip in Latin America. I know that the Roman Catholic Church there dominated Latin America for centuries. But that is all changing now. So . . . . . if a person is employed to be the full-time, live-in (24/7) caretaker of the children of a very wealthy family who must accompany the masters and the children of this family to attend a Protestant service every Sunday - would the RC person be allowed to participate in it in any way? Would they need to obtain a special 'dispensation' to attend the Protestant service from the Roman Catholic Church?

Question for ya regarding Roman Catholicism losing it's grip in Latin America. I know that the Roman Catholic Church there dominated Latin America for centuries. But that is all changing now. So . . . . . if a person is employed to be the full-time, live-in (24/7) caretaker of the children of a very wealthy family who must accompany the masters and the children of this family to attend a Protestant service every Sunday - would the RC person be allowed to participate in it in any way? Would they need to obtain a special 'dispensation' to attend the Protestant service from the Roman Catholic Church?
As I recollect, a Catholic could go to the service, but had to sit the whole thing out, not participating in any manner. I don't know if this was pre- or post- Vat2.

--Rich

Back