The decline of Catholicism in Latin America

and I expect that would be the most common answer

whereas ; I visit lifesite news everyday, Church militant and EWTN news once /week (which links to other sites)
so let me ask you -- do you ever get the feeling when you visit EWTN, the journey home, etc. that you may be learning something new [truth] that you didn't know before?

so let me ask you -- do you ever get the feeling when you visit EWTN, the journey home, etc. that you may be learning something new [truth] that you didn't know before?
nope:
I see the lack of claimed unity among the faithful.

Judas - betrayed
Peter - denied
Thomas - doubted
Paul - persecuted
then stop claiming there is unity of beliefs

Defending the Faith Against Present Heresies:​

Letters and Statements Addressed to Pope Francis, the Cardinals, and the Bishops with a collection of related articles and interviews Hardcover – March 8, 2021​

From the day Jorge Bergoglio stepped out on the loggia of St. Peter's down to the present, Catholics have been confused and dismayed by many of the words and actions of Pope Francis. Not content to allow errors to be spread (whatever their source or putative justification), international groups of pastors and scholars composed documents of inquiry, appeal, critique, and, finally, accusation: the Dubia of the Four Cardinals, the Theological Censures of Amoris Laetitia, the Filial Correction Concerning the Propagation of Heresies, the Open Letter to the Bishops of the Catholic Church, the Appeal to the Cardinals, and the Protest against Pope Francis's Sacrilegious Acts. These historic interventions, which made news around the world at the time of their first appearance and garnered the support of hundreds of thousands of concerned Catholics, are gathered here in a definitive edition for the benefit of all who seek to adhere to "the faith delivered once for all to the saints" (Jude 3). The six documents are accompanied by a selection of important articles and interviews prompted by them, which criticize, defend, or develop their evaluation of Pope Francis

I thought you said you understood the Catholic Church ? -- chair of Peter, faith and morals, ex cathedra, etc.
sure I do:
Catholics claim their authority cannot teach conflicting doctrines:
Catholics ignore there are faithful, knowledgeable, obedient Church-loving, Catholics
who disagree with other faithful, knowledgeable, obedient Church-loving, Catholics.

Each side believing they are correctly interpreting their beloved Church's teaching..
Can you concede that exists?

sure I do:
Catholics claim their authority cannot teach conflicting doctrines:
Catholics ignore there are faithful, knowledgeable, obedient Church-loving, Catholics
who disagree with other faithful, knowledgeable, obedient Church-loving, Catholics.
that has nothing to do with conflicting doctrines... ?disagreeing with other Catholics is nothing new

[read my signature]
Each side believing they are correctly interpreting their beloved Church's teaching..
I don't have a say in what the Church teaches as truth.... I am not protestant

that has nothing to do with conflicting doctrines... ?disagreeing with other Catholics is nothing new

[read my signature]

I don't have a say in what the Church teaches as truth.... I am not protestant
When faithful, knowledgeable, obedient Church-loving Cardinals disagree on their interpretation of your Church's teaching;
The one that is correct: is the one you agree with

When faithful, knowledgeable, obedient Church-loving Cardinals disagree on their interpretation of your Church's teaching;
what they say individually means nothing -- the magisterium is not one lone bishop

I'm pretty sure Ambrose, Augustine, and Jerome did not agree on everything.

Mt 24:10-13 Then many will lose faith. They will betray and hate each other. Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. And because there will be more and more lawlessness, most people’s love will grow cold. But the person who endures to the end will be saved.

1 Tim 4:1a
God's Spirit clearly says that in the last days many people will turn from their faith.
Many will walk away from the bad tree when they find salvation.

your bold statements stand out --- nothing more spiritual at Mass than the Eucharist

Notice how young they are? Oh my, do you remember that age?
Yep even children can understanding when they are being taught lies. I was 8 and knew Limbo was not the truth.

Back