The Deity of Christ

G

guest1

@Mike McK can you answer the question what Paul means by all the fullness of Deity dwells in Christ bodily in Colossians 1:19 and 2:9 ?

@Mike McK can you answer the question what Paul means by all the fullness of Deity dwells in Christ bodily in Colossians 1:19 and 2:9 ?
Thanks, civic. But I'm still unsure of what is meant by "pre-arranged". What is the format? Is there a moderator? Etc. Do I just call him out? Do we agree to terms?

I was supposed to be in a debate with somebody on the old boards, but then, after I agreed, he moved the goalposts to something I never agreed to and which would have been illogical for me to try to defend, so I dropped out. That's my only experience with the debate forums.

With a month of silence on the issue here by both parties, the reasons for trolling and silence, do reasonably open questions for one or both being disingenuious is not off topic, nor derailing.

Furthermore, the RULES for debate were sufficiently easy to find:

Unbelievers are not allowed to debate on the theology boards. Unbelievers, atheists, agnostics are limited to posting on the secular boards only, per CARM rules.

1. Regular Users/meaning not Atheist/ that attempt to interfere with Christian evangelism, like, Christians/arguing with Christians on Secular or Cult, Religion forums, will be suspended or directed to the appropriate board. If two Christians want to debate each other, do not do so on the Mormon/JW/cult/RC forums but use the cult/religion forums to debate the cultists/not the other Christians. Please stick to the forum’s topic, debating those defending the religion they are promoting on that forum. Posters seeking to debate Evangelical Christians should take their discussions or questions to the appropriate forum, apologetics/etc. Atheists/Agnostics/Secularists or those continuing to debate Evangelicals on the inappropriate forums will be assigned to the ATH/AGN/Secular forums as a Secular Member. Secular Members are permitted to debate Christians on Secular Forums. (edit to add for understanding, the rule is that Cultists/other Religions may debate Christians on their forum topic, the group represented on the forum they are posting for debate, but if wanting to disagree with other Christians in a debate, Christians should take that to APO or other forums.)

The following are suggested debate guidelines. These do not have to be adhered to in order to debate on the reserved boards. The only requirement is that there be an agreed-upon set of rules before the debate begins. The rules can even change during the debate if the debaters agree. The following are suggestions. I will modify them and/or add other formats as necessary.

1. FIRST – Limited to 200, 300, 400, 500 or more words per post.
    1. The topic must be posted and agreed upon along with the debate room reserved.
    2. Opening
      1. Debater 1 makes an opening statement
      2. Debater 2 responds
      3. Response from Debater 1
      4. Response from Debater 2
      5. Response from Debater 1
      6. Response from Debater 2
    3. Cross-Examination – Part 1
      1. Debater 2 asks 1st question
      2. Debater 1 responds
      3. Debater 2 asks 2nd question
      4. Debater 1 responds
    4. Cross-Examination – Part 2
      1. Debater 1 asks 1st question
      2. Debater 2 responds
      3. Debater 1 asks 2nd question
      4. Debater 2 responds
    5. Concluding remarks from both sides.
      1. Debater 2 makes a closing statement
      2. Debater 1 makes a closing statement <SNIP>

No one can legitimately make a claim of "missing rules, or no URL" because I just posted them. My opinion is that one or both posters are iintellectually lazy or lacking the academic discipline to follow the strict rules of honest debate. Thus the posters are making poses and not posting logically in order to "score sophomoric points"

In terms of what Jesus taught instead of what Paul taught, it is Gods will that all men be anointed of God the Father where His deity is at work in you just as He was at work in Jesus. Same mind, same walk as He walks in His same light, same signs following you, perfect holy pure and without sin.

The deity of the Christ is you born of God who is Spirit, or born again as Jesus described the event, and walk in it as He walks in it.

Not very many has the Christ as Jesus did as their own disposition do they? Most follow Paul instead of Jesus.

The deity of the Christ is you born of God who is Spirit, or born again as Jesus described the event, and walk in it as He walks in it.

Not very many has the Christ as Jesus did as their own disposition do they? Most follow Paul instead of Jesus.

This sort of innane comment has no redeeming social nor ethical value.

Perhaps it should be on the JW forum.

This sort of innane comment has no redeeming social nor ethical value.

If the deity of Christ, Gods anointing, is not your disposition then you are not of Christ at all, do not have His same mind, do not walk as He walks in His same light, is not prefect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, and the same signs do not follow you.

So I can see how it would be insane and no redemption of the Christ be in you.

But when, or if, you ever see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him. 1 John 3, which as you say is just unethical for what ever religion you creed to.

This comment below is condemning everyone who does not believe in the same theology as the poster is an attempt to elevate the him into having the only way that anyone gets into heaven:

In terms of what Jesus taught instead of what Paul taught, it is Gods will that all men be anointed of God the Father where His deity is at work in you just as He was at work in Jesus. Same mind, same walk as He walks in His same light, same signs following you, perfect holy pure and without sin.

In other words,
  1. the poster seeks to create a false dichotomy between the teachings of Jesus christ, and the teaching of the Apostle Paul.
  2. the poster claims that all Christiand "must be anointed" but does not define that term nor give any reference from the Bible
  3. other people (but not him) need to prove their "worthiness" through having "signs" to be worthy to enter heaven
  4. sinless perfection (evidently via those "signs") is demonstrations of having no sin, (except perhaps pride) can be achieved

The above post snips from the author and OP title speak about a THEOLOGICAL ISSUE, namely the divinity of Jesus Christ and the requirements to enter heaven. I reply to those assertions wiith an evaluationabout their theological soundness aand suggest a better placement on this thread

This sort of inane comment has no redeeming social nor ethical value.

Instead of replying in kind, the poster makes an insulting reply straight from the Romper Room bringing up garbage which I never brought into the discussion:
So I can see how it would be insane (actually, I used the word "inane") and no redemption of the Christ be in you.

But when, or if, you ever see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him. 1 John 3, which as you say is just unethical for what ever religion you creed to.

The proof of my accusation is that no one can find the word "unethical" nor the noun "creed" being used as a verb in what I posted. The proof of what I stated is in the pixels, and not in the rambngs and unsubstntiated cursing at other posters like me.

Last edited:
This comment below is condemning everyone who does not believe in the same theology as the poster is an attempt to elevate the him into having the only way that anyone gets into heaven:
Actually not condemnation at all -- but puts you under conviction for not being anointed of God yourself as He demands of you.
In other words,
  1. the poster seeks to create a false dichotomy between the teachings of Jesus christ, and the teaching of the Apostle Paul.
It is better for me to follow Jesus and receive from God Himself as Jesus did and leads us to than to follow the doctrines of another. If Paul is your way so be it, it is that God is my way not Paul, God was Jesus was as well.
  1. the poster claims that all Christiand "must be anointed" but does not define that term nor give any reference from the Bible
Sure I have you just didn't read it or didn't understand it. Gods anointing is to have His same Spirit, Mind, walk as He walks in it. you don't know what it is to walk in it as He walks in it do you? Ill give you a hint -- Love, for God is Love and man is the temple of God, anointed of Gods Spirit of Love.
  1. other people (but not him) need to prove their "worthiness" through having "signs" to be worthy to enter heaven
You don't have to prove anything to me, your battle is worth God to be or not to be like Him.

As far as entering heaven Gods kingdom? it doesn't come with observation but is within you. Luke 17:20-21, but not many believe Jesus in that though -- do you? Signs? if you are of God His same will follow you as well.
  1. sinless perfection (evidently via those "signs") is demonstrations of having no sin, (except perhaps pride) can be achieved
Gods Spirit is sinless and is perfect, for God is Love and Love is the only perfect thing on this planet, everything else changes. And pride will keep one from being like Him every time won't it?
The above post snips from the author and OP title speak about a THEOLOGICAL ISSUE, namely the divinity of Jesus Christ and the requirements to enter heaven. I reply to those assertions wiith an evaluationabout their theological soundness aand suggest a better placement on this thread
Deity? And this is what it all boils down to as was stated from the beginning. The divinity of Christ is at work in all who has from God the same anointing as Jesus had in the Father. Abraham walked in the deity of Christ he was anointed of God as well as Jesus was, Moses walked in the deity of the Christ for he was anointed of God just as Jesus was. 120 in an upper room walked in the deity of the Christ just as Jesus did in the Father. SO do we all who has from God the same as Jesus did as we are supposed to have from God.

Instead of replying in kind, the poster makes an insulting reply straight from the Romper Room bringing up garbage which I never brought into the discussion:
Only because His ways puts you under conviction for your own iniquities to be like Him you count His way as garbage. Which you have brought into this discussion, guilty of your own charge.
The proof of my accusation is that no one can find the word "unethical" nor the noun "creed" being used as a verb in what I posted. The proof of what I stated is in the pixels, and not in the rambngs and unsubstntiated cursing at other posters like me.
Do you mean cursing as in -- the poster makes an insulting reply straight from the Romper Room bringing up garbage? LOL Kinda hypocritical don't ya think?

That's right.

I refuse to deal with a poster who will not or can not deal with the facts regarding the issue at hand.
As in yourself?
I have better things to do other than reply to banal insults about my person, and that is why "Romper Room" is a correct adjective.
Oh I see' as you did me?

It is only insults if it puts you under conviction. edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Back