The devil made me do it oh boy I have an excuse !

civic

James 1:14
but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

And like the video Eve tries to make the same excuse with the blame game as did adam.

Genesis 3
When the woman saw that the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eyes, and that it was desirable for obtaining wisdom, she took the fruit and ate it. She also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate it.

And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

PeanutGallery

There are some posters here who really think they have a legit excuse blaming their sin on the devil. Lets see how that excuse works for you at the Judgement.
According to your theology, God decrees all things; therefore, would it not be more accurate to say, "God made me do it"?

civic

Demonically forced sin is still a transgression of the law and receives penalty.

But it's just fake religion and self-righteous thinking that wants to act like demons aren't really capable of bondage.

Then these same people on this forum hypocritically turn around and claim people that disagree with them are under the power of "spiritual strongholds."

Only the devil could think something that twisted up.
Where are believers forced by demons ?

Chapter and verse please I'm not interested in your unbiblical philosophical arguments.

civic

Demonically forced sin is still a transgression of the law and receives penalty.

But it's just fake religion and self-righteous thinking that wants to act like demons aren't really capable of bondage.

Then these same people on this forum hypocritically turn around and claim people that disagree with them are under the power of "spiritual strongholds."

Only the devil could think something that twisted up.1 John 5:18
Are you born of God ? yes or no

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not keep on sinning; the One who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him.

1 John 2:13
I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father.

PeanutGallery

There are some posters here who really think they have a legit excuse blaming their sin on the devil. Lets see how that excuse works for you at the Judgement.
According to your theology, God decrees all things; therefore, would it not be more accurate to say, "God made me do it"?
Stick with the OP instead of your usual diversions.
No diversion, you asked for an excuse at the judgment; if your theology is correct then one could make the statement, "God made me do it", at the judgment.

Dizerner

No diversion, you asked for an excuse at the judgment; if your theology is correct then one could make the statement, "God made me do it", at the judgment.

It's a perfectly valid point, directly related to the OP.

Theo1689

Nope.
"made me" implies "force", and denies man's will.

No, our theology does NOT lead to that conclusion.
Again, you are denying the will of man.

Carbon

Only the devil could think something that twisted up.
Wow! That’s pretty messed up and twisted. That’s below you. So I thought

I had better hopes for you.

Carbon

No.
But since you say such things it shows you have no idea what Calvinism believes.
Sad, just sad

Johnnybgood

No.
But since you say such things it shows you have no idea what Calvinism believes.

Sad, just sad
The response from the ones blaming sin on either God or the devil are deceived. I’m having a difficult time imagining and believer would buy into such a warped view like we are reading . It’s straight out of Genesis 3 and we can see some things never change with man and the blame game instead of taking personal responsibility for their own sin.

If WE say that WE don’t sin the truth is not in us in 1 John. That clearly puts the blame for sin on no one but ourselves. This mockery of our God by some and the blame shifting sin on the devil is a lie from the devil himself and these people are believing this lie straight from Adam and Eve.

civic

The response from the ones blaming sin on either God or the devil are deceived. I’m having a difficult time imagining and believer would buy into such a warped view like we are reading . It’s straight out of Genesis 3 and we can see some things never change with man and the blame game instead of taking personal responsibility for their own sin.

If WE say that WE don’t sin the truth is not in us in 1 John. That clearly puts the blame for sin on no one but ourselves. This mockery of our God by some and the blame shifting sin on the devil is a lie from the devil himself and these people are believing this lie straight from Adam and Eve.
Yes you nailed it with what these posters are doing. Well said Johhnybgood !

SovereignGrace

Rephrase, "God decreed me to do it".
Who stirred up the Assyrians in Isaiah 10 and 1 Chronicles 5:26? God does not force ppl to do His will, but rather, He uses that which is in their hearts to fulfill His will. Look at the crucifixion of Christ. No one twisted the Jews & Romans arms to do what they did, they gladly crucified Christ. Yet it was God who delivered Him over to them to fulfill not only their hearts’ desire, but His decreed will.[Acts of the Apostles 4:27-28 & Romans 8:32]