The End of the Age Came

Yodas_Prodigy

1 Corinthians 10:11 ESV
11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.

The age that ended was the Old Covenant age. We are in the Age of Grace right now.

When did that officially become fully realized?

The answer is 70 AD, when Jerusalem was razed and the Temple destroyed...

20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

When did that officially become fully realized?

The answer is 70 AD, when Jerusalem was razed and the Temple destroyed...

20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Nothing to do with eschatology.

Jesus introduced the NC at the "Last Supper" & sealed it with His death. The OC ended then, not in 70 AD.

I agree... But, you fail to acknowledge - 13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

There was a transition period from one Covenant to the Next. Here is more evidence... As you see in the next passage...

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day, having been purified with them, entered the temple to announce the expiration of the days of purification, at which time an offering should be made for each one of them.

I agree... But, you fail to acknowledge - 13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

There was a transition period from one Covenant to the Next. Here is more evidence... As you see in the next passage...

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day, having been purified with them, entered the temple to announce the expiration of the days of purification, at which time an offering should be made for each one of them.
No, the OC was already ended. In those days, it took time for news to travel, and not everyone believed the news about the NC. remember, many years later, the Treary of Ghent ended the war of 1812 on Dec. 24, 1814, but, given the slowness of news spread, the Battle of New Orleans was fought Jan. 8, 1815.

No, the OC was already ended. In those days, it took time for news to travel, and not everyone believed the news about the NC. remember, many years later, the Treary of Ghent ended the war of 1812 on Dec. 24, 1814, but, given the slowness of news spread, the Battle of New Orleans was fought Jan. 8, 1815.

Prideful...

Back