The End Times . . . .

mica

mica said:
you aren't allowed (by the RCC) to know and understand God's word, only that of the RCC (as it tells you it is).

What the Church teaches is true, because it is the pillar and foundation of the truth.
No it isn't. If it was you'd be able to support what it teaches with scripture. catholics can't do that.

how can it be the pillar and foundation of the truth (of God) when it doesn't know it or teach it and restricts its followers to how they can read and understand it? did Paul put restrictions on how the Bereans searched scripture to validate his teachings? if so, post the verses that support that.

what is the base of what the RCC teaches? it isn't scripture. What does it hold up to its followers and the world as truth? not scripture. That it doesn't is shown in what it teaches in catholic schools, in 'teachings' at a Mass, in pope writings and proclamations etc.

mica said: - Believers don't pick and choose what 'suits us'. We believe and follow His word, not that of man. But then, our hearts have been changed by God and we have a great desire to read, search and understand His word. Catholics do not have that desire.
I don't know anyone who doesn't want to know the truth.
you know a whole lot of people who don't want to know the truth at the expense of their comfort zone. That which they've grown up in, been taught as truth all of their lives. yes, the truth will turn your world upside down - all for the better and for His glory, not that of the RCC.

It's when people think for themselves, in opposition to orthodoxy, that they are in danger of leaving the narrow way and find themselves in error. Why would you want to do that?
what's orthodoxy to you? that which the RCC teaches or what God's word teaches? they aren't the same. catholics aren't on the narrow way and they're already in error. I wouldn't want to be on that wide road or in error again. I was in it for many years as a young person. Finding His truth did turn my world upside down (actually it turn it right side up in Christ). It did cause turmoil - amongst my unsaved family (of many catholics) and my unsaved friends. Most of them are still living in the turmoil of this world (and catholicism).

mica said: - otoh, it must 'suit you' to believe the false teaching of the RCC instead of God's word OR you would dig into His word, read it and study it. But catholics don't do that, they are in bondage to the RCC, not to God. Some catholics actually do dig into His word and find His truth, they end up leaving the RCC when they realize they've been taught lies all of their lives in catholicism. God changes their hearts, He calls them out of catholicism and to Himself. They are saved and become part of His body, His church.
The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ.
no, it isn't any body of Christ. individuals become part of the body of Christ when they're born again. they're placed into it by God. The RCC has nothing to do with it. It obviously doesn't even know how it happens since it doesn't teach the truth of it. It gives itself the credit for that instead of God.

Where did Peter (the alleged 1st catholic pope) teach about the body of Christ? please post the verses for us.

Yes it is; yes it does.
been over that time and time again. The RCC isn't and it doesn't. catholics must be afraid to open His word and start reading. there's good info out there on how to read and study it. look it up. learn about the timelines, who is speaking and to whom, why they are saying whatever it is and read in context. like the whole chapter, even the previous one and the one after it. pull a verse apart word by word... track verses in the NT back into the OT. look up the meanings of the words - in a lexicon.

If lightening strikes you, then you can blame me for that.

The ministry of reconciliation.
please explain what that is and why it is - in your own words.

pilgrim

I keep saying if you do not want to hear the sins of your institution. Do not make the false claim it is the pillar and foundation of truth. It isn't. It teaches a false doctrine. It lied to the laity when it claimed the victims of abuse were lying. It also bore false witness against them. It lied to authorities about what was happening. It treated those who came out with the truth as criminals. It allowed the evil to continue by moving the leaders from parish to parish, it lied to the children when it allowed them to think those men were acting as Jesus in the mass. It lies when it makes out there is a real change at communion. It lies about its history. It has lied throughout history and tries to wash its hands of the evil it has done throughout the centuries.

Jesus was not talking about your leaders.

By the way the father of lies is??????
I am aware of what has happened in the Church. But that does not invalidate the Church. If anything, it validates the claims of the Church, for if it were merely a human organization, it would never have lasted this long.

balshan

I am aware of what has happened in the Church. But that does not invalidate the Church. If anything, it validates the claims of the Church, for if it were merely a human organization, it would never have lasted this long.
Of course it invalidates your institution of even being a church. No one could think it validates the false claims of the church at all. It is meant to be a light it is not. If it just like any other human organization, it is not His body. If it is just like any other human organization it shows there is no change, no repentance, no mind of Christ, it shows it is not HIS. It proves it is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

pilgrim

Of course it invalidates your institution of even being a church. No one could think it validates the false claims of the church at all. It is meant to be a light it is not. If it just like any other human organization, it is not His body. If it is just like any other human organization it shows there is no change, no repentance, no mind of Christ, it shows it is not HIS. It proves it is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Now your just making things up.

mica

balshan said:
no, i see nothing in her post that she just made up on her own. I see nothing in her post that isn't believed by any other believer.

balshan

That is a false accusation and bearing false witness against a neighbour. Everything I posted was true. You have not pointed to one thing that was wrong. You just made a generalization.

Mtt 5:14

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

Everything I posted pointed out that your institution is not the light of the world and it is hidden. If it is just like every other human organization, it is not different, it is not a light. You are blinded and it is not by the light of your institution.

pilgrim

That is a false accusation and bearing false witness against a neighbour. Everything I posted was true. You have not pointed to one thing that was wrong. You just made a generalization.

Mtt 5:14

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

Everything I posted pointed out that your institution is not the light of the world and it is hidden. If it is just like every other human organization, it is not different, it is not a light. You are blinded and it is not by the light of your institution.
"Of course it invalidates your institution of even being a church."

That was a terrible thing to say.

balshan

"Of course it invalidates your institution of even being a church."

That was a terrible thing to say.
I cannot help it if you do not like the truth. It does invalidate your institution of even being a church. Your institution imitates the world, uses the world as an excuse for eating with sinners which Paul clearly tells us not to do and wallows in worldly fruit. That means it belongs to the world.

balshan

Based on what mica? Are you the pillar and foundation of the truth?
See your answer shows you don't know scripture at all. If you did you would not ask that question. Or refer to your institution as the pillar and foundation of truth.

Scripture tells us the church will be a light, your institution is not a light.
Scripture tells us the pillar and foundation of truth will not teach false doctrines, your institution does.
Mica has the gift of discernment and she knows and understands scripture, your institution does not have the gift of discernment and does not know scripture.

Your institution lies the pillar and foundation of truth does not lie. It lied to the laity, it lied to the victims, it lied to the authorities, it lies about its history the list of its lies is long and vast. It does not know the truth because it does not know Jesus.

Your institution does the opposite of what scripture tells us to do. It tells us not to eat with sinners, you institution allows them to celebrate communion. The list of its disobedience is long and vast.

leonard03782

Wrong. There are several reasons(among many) why the rc religion has lasted for 1700 years. These would be fear, extortion, and the murder of anyone that dissented with what your apostate church teaches. That is how it maintained a stranglehold as the most dominant "christian" denomination until God raised up Luther, Calvin, Whitfield , among others to finally stand up to it.

pilgrim

Wrong. There are several reasons(among many) why the rc religion has lasted for 1700 years. These would be fear, extortion, and the murder of anyone that dissented with what your apostate church teaches. That is how it maintained a stranglehold as the most dominant "christian" denomination until God raised up Luther, Calvin, Whitfield , among others to finally stand up to it.
2000 years by the grace of God.

mica

leonard03782

II will take it one step further even though I will not be the first to say this. If were to accept rc theology as true, we would be betraying the courage and sacrifice of these men of God to bring the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world.

pilgrim

So right on Nondenom! Yep, as you said, those laughing, ignoring and joking about the end times "better get ready." It's one thing that obviously Roman Catholics choose not to see and hear from Jesus own words the warning regarding the deception that Jesus referred to would be very effective and convincing. The Bible warns us that many will be deceived by false appearances and by the miracles that would be associated with them. Satan has so blinded Roman Catholics with the paganistic popularity of worshiping a Eucharistic Jesus that it is on the rise, and this means that millions and millions of people could potentially end up worshiping another Jesus, thus jeopardizing their eternal destiny. The choice and the end result of that choice is theirs.
Or has Satan blinded protestants to leave the Church, "and this means that millions and millions of people could potentially end up worshiping another Jesus, thus jeopardizing their eternal destiny. The choice and the end result of that choice is theirs."?