The Eucharist is the New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's wine.

Really?

Right. So the content of the cup is wine.

Now, please answer my question: the covenant is the wine, the covenant is not the cup, and it is not the blood; correct?
The wine is the blood of Christ and it is the new covenant.

Wine is not blood, it's wine. Blood is blood.
That is not what Jesus said. Jesus the wine was his blood of the covenant.

Matthew 26:27-28, "Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

What did Jesus say was the blood of the covenant? Show us a verse that states that anything other than the wine is his blood of the covenant. Thanks.

Sorry, but that is not what that verse states.
Oh it is when read in context of the meal and the whole of scripture. Sorry once again the flaws in the RCC interpretations are showing. If it was real all those evil RC priests would be dead and facing judgment for touching the things of God irreverently. But no they went on living continuing to commit evil, so horrendous that even the world is appalled at such things. God does not change. The God of the OT is the God of the NT. Moses knew not even to look at God, Uzziah died for touching the ark, Ananias and Sapphira died for lying to the Holy Spirit.

More scriptures of God striking down evil:

Numbers 16:31+

31 As soon as he finished saying all this, the ground under them split apart 32 and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, and all those associated with Korah, together with their possessions. 33 They went down alive into the realm of the dead, with everything they owned; the earth closed over them, and they perished and were gone from the community. 34 At their cries, all the Israelites around them fled, shouting, “The earth is going to swallow us too!

35Fire also came forth from the Lord and consumed the two hundred and fifty men who were offering the incense.

Deut 4:3
Your eyes have seen what the Lord has done in the case of Baal-peor, for all the men who followed Baal-peor, the Lord your God has destroyed them from among you

Hosea 6:5

Therefore I have hewn them in pieces by the prophets;
I have slain them by the words of My mouth;
And the judgments on you are like the light that goes forth.

Amos 4

“I sent a plague among you after the manner of Egypt;
I slew your young men by the sword along with your captured horses,
And I made the stench of your camp rise up in your nostrils;
Yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/God-Killed-His-People

We can see God reacts to our sin. Those who lied, idol worshipped, and touched the things of God died. God has not changed. Yet you go along deluded thinking those evil leaders who hurt and abused children and lied about them being victims are touching the real presence and still standing.

That is not what Jesus said. Jesus the wine was his blood of the covenant.

Matthew 26:27-28, "Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

What did Jesus say was the blood of the covenant? Show us a verse that states that anything other than the wine is his blood of the covenant. Thanks.
How can the wine be His blood? That makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back