The Father is NOT mentioned in this passage.

Yahchristian

Acts 17:24,30–31 (KJV): 24 God (God the Father) that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 30 And the times of this ignorance God (God the Father) winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he (God the Father) hath appointed a day, in the which he (God the Father) will judge the world in righteousness by that man (Jesus) whom he (God the Father) hath ordained; whereof he (God the Father) hath given assurance unto all men, in that he (God the Father) hath raised him (Jesus) from the dead.

In order to tell what the most common TRINITARIAN view is...

I would like to hear from everyone on this forum.

Which statement describes ...

A) I AM a Trinitarian and I believe the Father IS mentioned in Acts 17:24,30–31.

B) I AM a Trinitarian and I believe the Father is NOT mentioned in Acts 17:24,30–31.

C) I am NOT a Trinitarian and I believe the Father IS mentioned in Acts 17:24,30–31.

D) I am NOT a Trinitarian and I believe the Father is NOT mentioned in Acts 17:24,30–31.

I say C.

Greetings Yahchristian and Greetings again johnny guitar,
C) I am NOT a Trinitarian and I believe the Father IS mentioned in Acts 17:24,30–31.
The phrase "God the Father" does not actually occur, but it is obvious that the term "God" in verse 24 represents the One God, Yahweh, God the Father as there is only One God, the Father 1 Corinthians 8:6. Thus I agree with statement C) as per my reply to johnny guitar:

johnny guitar said:
The actual title "God the Father" is not mentioned in this passage, but the title "God" is mentioned twice in verse 24 and this is undoubtedly the One God, Yahweh, God the Father.
johnny guitar said:
And The Father judges NO ONE. ALL judgement is committed to The Son.
Yes, I agree the One God, Yahweh, God the Father has delegated ALL judgement to our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, but notice verse 31 as this helps to define the "he" as being God the Father, and God the Father judges the world in and through Jesus.
johnny guitar said:
Your continual insertion of The Father is nothing more than bias.
Your continual rejection of this shows that you do not accept what is clearly stated in both verse 24 and 31.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:
Greetings Yahchristian and Greetings again johnny guitar,

The phrase "God the Father" does not actually occur, but it is obvious that the term "God" in verse 24 represents the One God, Yahweh, God the Father as there is only One God, the Father 1 Corinthians 8:6. Thus I agree with statement C) as per my reply to johnny guitar:

The actual title "God the Father" is not mentioned in this passage, but the title "God" is mentioned twice in verse 24 and this is undoubtedly the One God, Yahweh, God the Father.

Yes, I agree the One God, Yahweh, God the Father has delegated ALL judgement to our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, but notice verse 31 as this helps to define the "he" as being God the Father, and God the Father judges the world in and through Jesus.

Your continual rejection of this shows that you do not accept what is clearly stated in both verse 24 and 31.

Kind regards
Trevor
The Father judges NO ONE either directly or indirectly. He will be on vacation during the judgement.
The Son ALONE will conduct ALL judging.
And since The Son is The ONE Lord He is obviously The ONE God in v. 24.
The He in v. 31 refers to God.

Greetings again johnny guitar,
The Father judges NO ONE either directly or indirectly. He will be on vacation during the judgement.
The Son ALONE will conduct ALL judging.
You seem to fail to read and understand what the following actually clearly states:
Acts 17:31 (KJV): Because he (God the Father) hath appointed a day, in the which he (God the Father) will judge the world in righteousness by that man (Jesus) whom he (God the Father) hath ordained; whereof he (God the Father) hath given assurance unto all men, in that he (God the Father) hath raised him (Jesus) from the dead.
There are two individuals mentioned in this verse, God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
And since The Son is The ONE Lord He is obviously The ONE God in v. 24.
You are misreading verse 24 as the Lord of heaven and earth in this verse is God the Father, not Jesus as required from the context and Jesus addresses God his Father as Lord of heaven and earth:
Acts 17:22-25 (KJV): 22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotionsd, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. 24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Matthew 11:25-26 (KJV): At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again johnny guitar,

You seem to fail to read and understand what the following actually clearly states:
Acts 17:31 (KJV): Because he (God the Father) hath appointed a day, in the which he (God the Father) will judge the world in righteousness by that man (Jesus) whom he (God the Father) hath ordained; whereof he (God the Father) hath given assurance unto all men, in that he (God the Father) hath raised him (Jesus) from the dead.
There are two individuals mentioned in this verse, God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.

You are misreading verse 24 as the Lord of heaven and earth in this verse is God the Father, not Jesus as required from the context and Jesus addresses God his Father as Lord of heaven and earth:
Acts 17:22-25 (KJV): 22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotionsd, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. 24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Matthew 11:25-26 (KJV): At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Kind regards
Trevor
You are directly contradicting Jesus Christ at John 5:22 when He says The Father judges NO ONE.
And The ONE Lord IS The Lord of heaven and earth.
And there is NO justification for the continual insertion of The Father is the above passage.
How many ONE Lords in your cult???A busload???

In order to tell what the most common TRINITARIAN view is...

A) I AM a Trinitarian and I believe the Father IS mentioned in Acts 17:24,30–31.

B) I AM a Trinitarian and I believe the Father is NOT mentioned in Acts 17:24,30–31.

D) I am NOT a Trinitarian and I believe the Father is NOT mentioned in Acts 17:24,30–31.

I say C.
Clearly it’s C, anyone who says its not the Father is a perverter of scriptures. In fact, of the 1,300+ instances of θεος in the NT, at least 98% refer to the Father which irrefutably shows that he alone is the only true God.

Clearly it’s C, anyone who says its not the Father is a perverter of scriptures. In fact, of the 1,300+ instances of θεος in the NT, at least 98% refer to the Father which irrefutably shows that he alone is the only true God.
Utter nonsense. 90% refer to the Triune God.

Back