The Foolishness and Arrogance of Mormonism

Let's hold the judgment until Magdelena's proof that is a church policy. Otherwise--it's just an unsubstantiated claim.

So far--it's just a claim. She has provided nothing to show it's a church policy.
I said it was Dider’s policy. That’s true. I said missions held mass sports baptisms. And that was started by a general authority. That’s true. I said there was massive pressure to increase baptism numbers, and they tried a lot of things. That’s true.

You think you’re backing me into some kind of corner by claiming I said it’s church policy. That’s your claim. Nice try.

LOL!!! Magdalena--I don't believe that's what is called convincing evidence. It seems to be the proof most often provided, but isn't anything but a claim, until proved otherwise.
They were talking about her family. Do try to pay attention.

and Peter said "always be ready to give a reason for the hope that you have in you
The funny thing is, our critics can't give any reasons. They aren't here to offer reasons. They are here to mock and sling mud. They can't even defend their beliefs or explain to us why ours are not what the Bible teaches.

I said it was Dider’s policy. That’s true. I said missions held mass sports baptisms. And that was started by a general authority. That’s true. I said there was massive pressure to increase baptism numbers, and they tried a lot of things. That’s true.

You think you’re backing me into some kind of corner by claiming I said it’s church policy. That’s your claim. Nice try.
This doesn't make any sense either. We aren't going to baptize anyone who says they don't believe the church is true.

Was she there in the interview where they said "I don't believe any of that"?
you don’t think families talk to each other?

Her claim doesn't even make sense. Why would anyone bring others into their group who claimed they didn't believe it?
Statistics. How often has the Mormon church bragged about being the fastest growing religion? you guys have done that here. They're always bragging about how many missions, new temples, members, etc., there are. The pressure to be that gets funneled out to missionaries to bring in more baptisms.

Statistics. How often has the Mormon church bragged about being the fastest growing religion? you guys have done that here. They're always bragging about how many missions, new temples, members, etc., there are. The pressure to be that gets funneled out to missionaries to bring in more baptisms.

Cite, please. If the LDS are doing that here--then you won't have any trouble finding several quotes here to prove that.

I asked you a couple of things--which you haven't responded to:

1) Where is your evidence to support your claims are LDS policy?
2) What is your evidence "massive" pressure was put on the mission leaders?

I find whenever the critics use the terms "massive", huge, etc--that's usually the start of some claims which are fueled by prejudice.

Christ didn’t tell them to stick their foot in the door so the person couldn’t close it.

Nor does the Bible state that enemies of the church should use blow horns, loud speakers, ugly signs and spitting in the direction of our members.

Allen L. Wyatt, Anti-Mormon Protesters at the April 2003 LDS General Conference, (Mesa, Arizona: FAIR, April 2003) In this short video clip, an anti-Mormon protester at the April 2003 General Conference shouts his opinions about the Book of Mormon, drowning out nearby missionaries trying to sing hymns. Another protester waves temple garments at passersby. This event is also talked about in this article Without the Walls of Temple Square.

Matthew 10:
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Last edited:
Mormons change their scriptures and their policies. I bear witness that the senior companion elder who baprized me after six short lessons, told me it was okay to baptize my family members who didn't believe the Mormon church was true. My mother never believed in the deity of Christ. Our family moved to another state a few weeks after their baptisms. That was the end of my mother's contact with the Mormon church. My younger siblings grew up to be agnostics.

Brigham Young taught:
"Your endowment is to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels, being enabled to give them the keywords, the signs and tokens, pertaining to the holy priesthood, and gain your eternal exaltation in spite of earth and hell."

Here's a timeline of changes:

Here are more recent changes:

1960sFilm becomes the standard medium for presenting the endowment. Filmed endowments take on a theatrical quality (with costumes, scenery, music, etc.) and are dubbed from English into other languages.

As the filmed endowment makes congregational singing awkward, the preacher's hymn is discontinued.
1970sRevisions are made to the portion of the ceremony involving Lucifer's preacher: Lucifer no longer specifies the amount of the preacher's salary, and a reference to Satan's having black skin is omitted.
1975The long, pre-1923 garment becomes optional in the temple and is eventually discontinued.
1978The lifting of the priesthood ban on blacks makes the endowment available to all Latter-day Saints, regardless of race.
1990Following surveys of Church members' feelings about the endowment, major revisions are made:
  • All penalties, the five points of fellowship, and syllables purported to having meaning in the Adamic language are omitted.
  • The part of the preacher is eliminated, as well as a reference to Lucifer's "popes and priests."
  • Women no longer covenant to obey the law of their husbands.
  • Language which faults Eve for initiating the Fall is dropped.
  • Many references to Adam are replaced with references to Adam and Eve.
  • The lecture at the veil is discontinued.
  • Orders from Elohim are repeated fewer times for brevity's sake.
2005Procedures for the initiatory are revised such that initiates clothes themselves in the garment before entering the washing room, thus eliminating the final vestiges of ritual nudity (which had been curtailed by introduction of the shield, probably during the 1920s). Water and oil are applied to the head only, not to multiple parts of the body.
2008Possibly out of consideration for the elderly and disabled, initiates are no longer instructed to stand while making covenants.

Mormon prejudices are apparent against ex-Mormons who are 'apostates." Magdalena and I are considered apostates who left "the church of the Lamb of God and joined the church of the devil." These distinctions are in the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants.

Nice backpedal.... chuckle. I also notice you deflected the question by dberrie2020.... hmm

dberrie2020 said:
That's just a claim--where is the beef?

Cite, please. Give us information which states this is a LDS church policy or doctrine.
Hop on off to priesthood meeting now, Ralf. Where can act all sanctimonious, and laugh and brag about how you put down Christians.

Hop on off to priesthood meeting now, Ralf. Where can act all sanctimonious, and laugh and brag about how you put down Christians.
Notice friends and visitors... nothing but crickets and deflection... does she answer deberrie, nope she has to change the discussion... a ploy used regularly here at the Mormon Forum...

Notice friends and visitors... nothing but crickets and deflection... does she answer deberrie, nope she has to change the discussion... a ploy used regularly here at the Mormon Forum...
You mean like you just did on another thread about providing reference links.

Back