The Foolishness and Arrogance of Mormonism

Could you give us some evidence that claim is LDS doctrine? Both you and Magdalena keep posting stories which are found nowhere in the LDS church doctrines.
I didn't say it was doctrine. It was what happened. I barely knew any doctrine because the missionaries barely taught me any doctrine between March and April. We don't have to use doctrines to relate facts.

Then stop with the sensationalism, it makes you guys look really bad.... discuss doctrine not false shocking made up stories...
If it makes them look bad, then I'm all for them continuing. I have no problem pointing out their arrogance and foolishness.

Why are you calling "you guys" (who are they) liars who discuss "false shocking made up stories?"
Whether or not "you guys"s stories are made up or not is not the issue. The facts are that no one gets into this church by claiming they don't believe in its teachings. And we do interview everyone before baptism to determine, from their own mouth, if they accept and believe and are willing to follow the teachings of the gospel.

I didn't say it was doctrine. It was what happened.
Sure, but as a matter of policy and doctrine, That doesn't happen. Again, it doesn't even make sense that we'd baptize anyone that said they don't believe any of it.
I barely knew any doctrine because the missionaries barely taught me any doctrine between March and April.
Well, I'm pretty sure you knew that Joseph Smith saw God face-to-face and taught that the Father and the Son were separate physical beings and that the plan of happiness included eternal families where marriages continued after death (your choice, of course, you don't have to get married if you don't want to). So, you either believe that stuff or you don't and anyone who says they don't, isn't going to be baptized. It's a pretty simple interview. It's not calculus, you know.

Then stop with the sensationalism, it makes you guys look really bad.... discuss doctrine not false shocking made up stories...
I have done no sensationalism on here. I write the truth. Mormonism, with its many bizarre doctrines, is sensationalistic ALL on its own. It needs no help from ME.

No liars Richard. Just because you don't like what they have said about their experiences does not mean they lied.

While I agree with most of that claim--the fact is--it's her story--not LDS doctrine. That's the point I believe we should consider.

IOW--it's just a story without a basis in LDS doctrine.

No liars Richard. Just because you don't like what they have said about their experiences does not mean they lied.
Exactly. And it wouldn’t really matter what we say. They’d call us liars anyway.

But the experiences shared here are true, and they relate to Mormon doctrine and practices.

Mormons don’t want to believe or acknowledge that there are people who have been baptized without being asked whether they believe it or not, but there have been many. in the cases of sports baptisms and others, people weren’t even taught anything. Their names were just added to the roles. Many of them were just children. That was a documented and proven practice in many areas of the world.

You could even look at baptisms for the dead in the same way. No one can ask the dead people if they believe it. Most of them were never taught it. But Mormons baptize them anyway, just in case. And confirm them members of the Mormon church. It sure made a lot of Jewish people angry when they found out about it. Especially families of Holocaust victims, who died for their own beliefs and heritage. The Mormon church just baptized them all posthumously, without regard for their choices, or their families’ wishes. It was very disrespectful, especially considering that the victims were martyrs for their own faith.

Exactly. And it wouldn’t really matter what we say. They’d call us liars anyway.

But the experiences shared here are true, and they relate to Mormon doctrine and practices.

Mormons don’t want to believe or acknowledge that there are people who have been baptized without being asked whether they believe it or not, but there have been many. in the cases of sports baptisms and others, people weren’t even taught anything. Their names were just added to the roles. Many of them were just children. That was a documented and proven practice in many areas of the world.

You could even look at baptisms for the dead in the same way. No one can ask the dead people if they believe it. Most of them were never taught it. But Mormons baptize them anyway, just in case. And confirm them members of the Mormon church. It sure made a lot of Jewish people angry when they found out about it. Especially families of Holocaust victims, who died for their own beliefs and heritage. The Mormon church just baptized them all posthumously, without regard for their choices, or their families’ wishes. It was very disrespectful, especially considering that the victims were martyrs for their own faith.
Sounds as if all the LDS is concerned with is making its church the largest one numerically-'after the RCC--in the world, so they can boast. "Our church is larger--and richer-- than yours!"

I have done no sensationalism on here. I write the truth. Mormonism, with its many bizarre doctrines, is sensationalistic ALL on its own. It needs no help from ME.
Yes you have in the past until I made you think about how you poorly worded Jesus and Satan as brothers and you then realized that was sectionalized since you did not give more context... nice try.

Wrong time to put on you white gloves of innocence...

Quoting something out of context willingly and not being fully transparent is not just omission, but a lie mixed in with some truth...

And yet you leave out the narrative of how the Church has responded to that.... so much for fully giving both sides...this is what I'm talking about.... deception and some truths...

Mormon Opinion:

Doctrine and Covenants 1
16 They seek not the Lord to establish his righteousness, but every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol, which waxeth old and shall perish in Babylon, even Babylon the great, which shall fall.

17 Wherefore, I the Lord, knowing the calamity which should come upon the of the earth, called upon my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., and spake unto him from heaven, and gave him commandments. . .

30 And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased, speaking unto the church collectively and not individually—

But pride went before the fall of Joseph Smith who wrote the above.

I'm still waiting on you to give us a cite where any of those stories are backed by "Mormon doctrine".

Again, Magdalena--they are YOUR stories--and they have no basis in LDS doctrine, nor have you provided one iota of evidence those stories are backed by LDS church doctrine.

For you to believe that your stories are true is your business--but to claim those stories of yours are backed by LDS doctrine is false--and will remain false--until you show they are LDS doctrines.

Back