The foundation of all salvation.

I think I know where your coming from with your answer but I don’t think I’m completely understanding.

I agree believers already have life.

But you say his readers….
Do you consider his readers to be believers or an unbeliever who may read it?

Tom, it’s not a trick question, if you think it is, I don’t blame you because I have been unpleasant and not very nice to you at times. Though I know we disagree on certain doctrines, I believe because of your persistence you must genuinely love the Lord. And trying to teach what you believe is truth.

I’m just hoping to break this down a bit for your answer and why you believe such.
John 20:31 (NKJV)
31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,..............................

John is obviously writing to convince men to believe

that applies to unbelievers

John 20:31 (NKJV)
31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,..............................

John is obviously writing to convince men to believe

that applies to unbelievers
Where is the convincing part?

The same place it says we are unconditionally predetermined to hell.

So you're dodging, and have no answer to my question.
Thank you for the admission.

People naturally believe libertarianism.

So you justify an unBiblical belief by claiming it is an ASSUMPTION.
Again, thank you for the admission.

But you must, all things considered, prove unconditional meticulous predetermination, which you can't.

Well, I can.
But I don't need to, since I have no vested interest in trying to convince you of anything.

So you're dodging, and have no answer to my question.
Thank you for the admission.

Lol. Yeah I dodged the same type of idea you dodge. And that makes you right?

So you justify an unBiblical belief by claiming it is an ASSUMPTION.
Again, thank you for the admission.

Yeah. Like you believed unconditional predetermination before you knew about Scripture?

You lose.

Well, I can.
But I don't need to, since I have no vested interest in trying to convince you of anything.

Yeah. Like you haven't been doing it all along.

Lol. Yeah I dodged the same type of idea you dodge. And that makes you right?

You made a bunch of bogus claims about "libertarianly choosing".
I challenged you to support it from Scripture.

But you were unable to, so you brought up a COMPLETELY different subject that we had NEVER discussed.

That's called a "dodge".
And that automatically loses the debate for you.

Yeah. Like you haven't been doing it all along.

I've NEVER promoted the issue of "predetermination to hell".
But you DID bring up "libertarianly choosing".

Kampioen said:
But you must, all things considered, prove unconditional meticulous predetermination, which you can't.
Well, I can.
But you can't seeing as meticulous determination of all things is unbiblical

1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV 1900)
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 John 2:16 (KJV 1900)
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

James 1:13–14 (KJV 1900)
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jeremiah 19:5 (ESV)
5 and have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as burnt offerings to Baal, which I did not command or decree, nor did it come into my mind—

You made a bunch of bogus claims about "libertarianly choosing".
I challenged you to support it from Scripture.

But you were unable to, so you brought up a COMPLETELY different subject that we had NEVER discussed.

That's called a "dodge".
And that automatically loses the debate for you.

And your counter-dodge means you're right?

I've NEVER promoted the issue of "predetermination to hell".
But you DID bring up "libertarianly choosing".

But you do believe God was the first cause that unconditionally effected them to hell, correct? ie non-libertarian?

Sure you do. Admit it.

----And your counter-dodge means you're right?

What "counter-dodge"?
YOU were the one who brought up, "predestination to hell", not me.

Why do you think I should allow you to run away from YOUR problem by trying to change the subject?

But you do believe God was the first cause that unconditionally effected them to hell, correct? ie non-libertarian?

This is called "phishing".
And it's still a DODGE, since you can't back up your false claims.

This is what all heretics do.... Mormons, Catholics, Arians, etc.
They can't back up their bogus claims, and so any time they're challenged, they try to change the subject by trying to attack the beliefs of those challenging them.

So we are in agreement that "libertarianly choosing" is unBiblical.'
Thank you for that.

Sure you do. Admit it.
ask him if he believes the London Baptist confession of 1689

1._____ God hath decreed in himself, from all eternity, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably, all things, whatsoever comes to pass; yet so as thereby is God neither the author of sin nor hath fellowship with any therein; nor is violence offered to the will of the creature, nor yet is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established; in which appears his wisdom in disposing all things, and power and faithfulness in accomplishing his decree.

?

Do you write to believers who have life so that they might believe to have life

that makes no sense
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:13.

but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31

Yes, it seems that way don’t it? So it does make sense. Not in the way you worded it though.

So, nothing convincing to unbelievers. I didn’t think so.

So what makes you thinks it written to unbelievers? John said he is writing these things to believers.

Last edited:
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:13.

Yes, it seems that way don’t it? So it does make sense. Not in the way you worded it though.

So what makes you thinks it written to unbelievers? John said he is writing these things to believers.
Wrong verse not 1John 5:13 but

John 20:31 (NASB77)
31 but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

and a different statement

What "counter-dodge"?
YOU were the one who brought up, "predestination to hell", not me.

Why do you think I should allow you to run away from YOUR problem by trying to change the subject?

This is called "phishing".
And it's still a DODGE, since you can't back up your false claims.

This is what all heretics do.... Mormons, Catholics, Arians, etc.
They can't back up their bogus claims, and so any time they're challenged, they try to change the subject by trying to attack the beliefs of those challenging them.

So we are in agreement that "libertarianly choosing" is unBiblical.'
Thank you for that.
So Morons etc have a counter dodge that you are unable to defend against? Well then maybe you're wrong on your belief that God is the first cause that unconditionally effected people to hell. But you believe God is the first cause that unconditionally effects people to hell, correct? Admit it.

Wrong verse not 1John 5:13 but

John 20:31 (NASB77)
31 but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

and a different statement
Oops, I edited my reply. Your tooo fast, lol

but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31

@TomFL

in which way are these two verses different that one, or both are writing to unbelievers to convince them to believe?

So Morons etc have a counter dodge that you are unable to defend against? Well then maybe you're wrong on your belief that God is the first cause that unconditionally effected people to hell. But you believe God is the first cause that unconditionally effects people to hell, correct? Admit it.

Okay, I admit you have ZERO Biblical support for your heretical "libertarianly choosing" false teaching. That's why you have to DODGE by bringing up red herrings that nobody was discussing.

Wrong verse different statement

is not the same statement as

there is no purposed writing that you might believe in 1John

@TomFL

in which way are these two verses different that one, or both are writing to unbelievers to convince them to believe?
One is written to those who believe

The other is written that they might believe

One is dealing with believers

The other to get men to believe

Plainly different audiences and aims

Wrong verse different statement

is not the same statement as

there is no purposed writing that you might believe in 1John
Okay but you still haven’t answered my question.

Disregard.
I see you answered

Back