The foundation of the NT church

dberrie2020

Bonnie said:
We have the only foundation we need--Jesus Christ HIMSELF.

It was the living, mortal apostles and prophets the NT had, which formed the foundation--Jesus Christ being the "Chief Corner Stone":

Ephesians 2:20---King James Version
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Bonnie--there is something else about the NT church foundation and Chief Corner stone that one could note:

Ephesians 2:21----King James Version
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Theo1689

It was the living, mortal apostles and prophets the NT had, which formed the foundation--Jesus Christ being the "Chief Corner Stone":

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

<sigh>

Looks like dberrie is going for the WORLD RECORD of greatest number of posts on a single topic.

Go on home, folks... Nothing more to see....
Just reruns...

The Prophet

Bonnie--there is something else about the NT church foundation and Chief Corner stone that one could note:

Ephesians 2:21----King James Version
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Do we need more than One Foundation and Cornerstone ? :)

dberrie2020

Do we need more than One Foundation and Cornerstone ? :)
No. But that foundation consisted of living, mortal apostles and prophets.

Where are your living, mortal apostles and prophets?

They are the foundation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Bonnie

We have living IMMORTAL prophets and apostles and and our everlasting Savior on whom our church IS built--Mormonism only has mortal FALSE PROPHETS AND FALSE APOSTELS AND A FALSE CHRIST to built its church upon, and their false doctrines, which are lies--who is the father of lies, dberrie? Care to tell us?

1 Cor. 11 NASB--

12 But what I am doing I will also continue to do, so that I may eliminate the opportunity from those who want an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the matter about which they are boasting. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

A false church like yours is built upon false prophets and false apostles, that preach and teach heresy, and outright blasphemy--would Jesus build His church upon such as these, that have been with your church since its inception? Are they not false workers, false apostles, and DECEITFUL WORKERS? Liars? Who is the father of lies, dberrie?

Last edited:

The Prophet

Jesus is OUR living Immortal Prophet, Apostle and Priest

dberrie2020

We have living IMMORTAL prophets and apostles and prophets and our everlasting Savior on whom our church IS built--

That's fine--but it does not preclude the NT church ALSO had the living, mortal apostles to receive revelation for the church.

The LDS church also has that--your church hasn't the first living, mortal apostles and prophets.

Bonnie--it's notable to remember--the traditional Jews of the NT were claiming the same thing--they had Moses and the prophets.(who had been dead for centuries)

Mormonism only has mortal FALSE PROPHETS AND FALSE APOSTELS AND A FALSE CHRIST to built its church upon,

How does that differ from the accusation the traditional Jews were making against the living, mortal apostles and prophets of the NT--even to this day?

Bonnie--the fact is--your church hasn't the first living, mortal apostle or prophet--true or false. It hasn't any foundation, as the NT church had in the living, mortal apostles and prophets--nor any revelation from a heavenly source:

D&C 110
1 The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.
2 We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.
3 His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
4 I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5 Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.
6 Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.
7 For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.
8 Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house.
9 Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.
10 And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people. Even so. Amen.
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.
12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.
13 After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood before us, and said:
14 Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachitestifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come
15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse
16 Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors.

Bonnie--that's the difference of a living church--and a dead one. Churches named after an ordinary man can't compare with that--anymore than the church the traditional Jews claimed in the NT record could replace the revelation the NT church had--through their living, mortal apostles and prophets.

Bonnie

That's fine--but it does not preclude the NT church ALSO had the living, mortal apostles to receive revelation for the church.

The LDS church also has that--your church hasn't the first living, mortal apostles and prophets.

Bonnie--it's notable to remember--the traditional Jews of the NT were claiming the same thing--they had Moses and the prophets.(who had been dead for centuries)

How does that differ from the accusation the traditional Jews were making against the living, mortal apostles and prophets of the NT--even to this day?

Bonnie--the fact is--your church hasn't the first living, mortal apostle or prophet--true or false. It hasn't any foundation, as the NT church had in the living, mortal apostles and prophets--nor any revelation from a heavenly source:

D&C 110
1 The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.
2 We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.
3 His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
4 I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5 Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.
6 Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.
7 For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.
8 Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house.
9 Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.
10 And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people. Even so. Amen.
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.
12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.
13 After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood before us, and said:
14 Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachitestifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come
15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse
16 Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors.

Bonnie--that's the difference of a living church--and a dead one. Churches named after an ordinary man can't compare with that--anymore than the church the traditional Jews claimed in the NT record could replace the revelation the NT church had--through their living, mortal apostles and prophets.
And at the time of the NT church, the 12 apostles were living, and had all known Jesus during His earthly ministry, and they heard the true Gospel right from Jesus' own lips...can any of your church's apostles make the same claim? They preached the truth about the true Christ of the Bible and the true Gospel--your church's apostles are false apostles who teach false doctrines, which are lies...who is the father of lies, dberrie?

Last edited: