The Genesis 15 claim, as it relates to LDS theology

That is probably wise, since you have no scriptural basis for your beliefs. 'Bye.
Anyone who has a belief about a god has not met the God of Heaven face to face. But when one does see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him instead of beliefs about Him. 1 John 3. Beliefs are not real they are speculation.

Typical for one who cant answer the question.
it's a bit hard to relate to a flood of unkindness and baiting. and here you joined in. that's a new one 'save souls by accusing'.......

i rather prefer listening to Him instead and ignoring all that.

I even get to decide what question I want to answer. ?

Hmmm....

So your belief in God is speculation.
I dont have a belief about a god. I and my God are one, He in me and I in Him. See Jesus prayer in John 17 for Him to be in you as well as He was in Jesus. Jesus didnt have a belief about his God either for our God is manifested in us.

1 John 3 is pretty clear that when you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him, not a belief about Him.

Beliefs as in Catholic?
Beliefs as in Mormons?
Jehovas witness?
Muslims?
Baptists
Methodists
COCs?
AOGs?

Which belief has it right?

Jesus had a belief about God when he taught the laws of the jewish temple, but when God came to him personally and introduced Himself in Matt 3:16 to Jesus, where God opens up who He is and all of His heaven in that man, beliefs was out the window.

Same happens in us all who has met the Father as Jesus did. as Adam did and became like Him Gen 3:22 just as Jesus did, Abraham did, Moses did, 120 did and so did I.

I dont have a belief about a god, I have met Him just as Jesus and these others meet Him. Jesus referred to this encounter as born again.

it's a bit hard to relate to a flood of unkindness and baiting. and here you joined in. that's a new one 'save souls by accusing'.......
Na save souls by Love.
Me to and hearing Him as Jesus did it all boiled down to simply Love.
We all have that option, but usually when a question is asked and you know the answer goes against your beliefs, then we get that, "What I need to stop is responding further. People tell me that all the time when I quote that what Jesus said we should be and would be like Him as Jesus was like Him, Adam was like Him, Gen 3:22, Abraham, Moses, 120, and all today who has met the same God of heaven as these did.

The god that you serve has created an ugly, hateful, dark world, the one of all of these we read of is light, Love, and joy living His life. We are like Him, you are like the god you serve in this dark world full of apes, for our God, the one of Love is full of lovely people who care for the others enough to try and get that message of light over to them, and one such as yourself.

I know you think Im hateful, unruly, but that comes from the mentality of your god and not my God nor the God that Jesus became like as we all do who are of the God of Love.

The only reason I try and convey the God of light, enlightenment, to you is there is a better way than the one you live in full of ugly apes.

Anyone who has a belief about a god has not met the God of Heaven face to face. But when one does see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him instead of beliefs about Him. 1 John 3. Beliefs are not real they are speculation.
So, when Jesus said, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVES in Him will not perish, but have eternal life", this "belief" is just "speculation"?

Then why do you not "listen" to the Psalms I quoted and believe what they say--that the earth--meaning THIS earth--is the LORD'S and everything in it"? Was David crazy here? And believe where David praised God for his actual physical body, that he was "fearfully and wonderfully made"? Was HE crazy for doing that? Do you think David thought he had an ape body?

When Jesus was incarnate, did He have a "disabled ape" body? Was it a "disabled ape body" that was savagely scourged and nailed to the cross, as a sin offering to God for our sins?

Reactions: Mik
Then why do you not "listen" to the Psalms I quoted and believe what they say--that the earth--meaning THIS earth--is the LORD'S and everything in it"? Was David crazy here? And believe where David praised God for his actual physical body, that he was "fearfully and wonderfully made"? Was HE crazy for doing that? Do you think David thought he had an ape body?

When Jesus was incarnate, did He have a "disabled ape" body? Was it a "disabled ape body" that was savagely scourged and nailed to the cross, as a sin offering to God for our sins?
i listen to God. thats enough for me.

the texts are not God. They are translations.

Na save souls by Love.

Me to and hearing Him as Jesus did it all boiled down to simply Love.

We all have that option, but usually when a question is asked and you know the answer goes against your beliefs, then we get that, "What I need to stop is responding further.
it's not at all that it goes against beliefs... but that arguing is exhausting and pulls my attention onto the arguing and not God.

its not like Jesus argued with his followers. Or that we are to.

I prefer talking to a soul without theology as a weapon or intermediary. When I feel it's about theology and not about staying close to God then I just don't have the energy. Im older and have chronic fatigue and l need to choose where I put my little energy, right?

As to your opinions about me, it's off but you should think as you like.

So, when Jesus said, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVES in Him will not perish, but have eternal life", this "belief" is just "speculation"?
Absolutely! The devil believes in Jesus and knows him well, Jim Jones and David Koresh had their beliefs about Jesus and God. Catholics have their beliefs for a god, Mormons has their beliefs, Jehovas Witness has their beliefs for a god, Muslims has theirs, and that list goes on and on.

I dont have a belief about God no more than Jesus had a belief about God. We have met Him face to face and all these beliefs we once had about Him passed away and all things became new.

The only reality is God manifesting Himself in you, the one at the door knocking this day and anyone who will let Him in He will come to you and sup with you and be in you. Jesus learned this lesson in Matt 3:16 just as 120 learned the same lesson in an upper room. Even Adam learned this lesson and became like God to know this difference, Gen 3;22, Abraham, Moses learned the same lesson -- How? God manifesting Himself in them where there are no more beliefs about a God but the reality of Him manifest Himself to open up a knowledge that only He came.

The kicker in any of these beliefs is, when you see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him, 1 John 3, and that is not a belief at all but the reality of God manifest in you.

What do you believe who you are in Christ, Ive told you who I am in Christ. I and the Father are one, He in me and I in Him are one just as Jesus was one inHim and prayed for me to be to his God in John 17.

Jesus didnt have a belief about God, he knew Him face to face in Matt 3:16, and so do we all who are born of God as Jesus was in Matt 3:16. Jesus described his change of mind as born again, ye must be born again or all that you will have is a belief about him.

i listen to God. thats enough for me.

the texts are not God. They are translations.
Thats right the texts are not God, they are only mans testimonies of their dealings with God and everyone of them has their own experiences with Gods Spirit. The book is only an instruction manual, a tutorial, on how to receive from God.

the Bible is not an historical document, it is a religious document.

Thats right the texts are not God, they are only mans testimonies of their dealings with God and everyone of them has their own experiences with Gods Spirit. The book is only an instruction manual, a tutorial, on how to receive from God.

the Bible is not an historical document, it is a religious document.

I just listen to Him and not translations.

Josheb said: The first mention of the covenant with Abraham we have is in Genesis 15.
Not sure where you derive that from. Wasn't this your post?

That just isn't true--and can be shown as a false claim by reading Genesis 12:

Genesis 12---King James Version
1 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
4 So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

There is the condition, and God's grace. Abram obeyed. Abraham's obedience is listed as the reason of the promise:

Genesis 26:4-5---King James Version
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

That's what one will find being taught in the LDS church--God's grace for our obedience to Him--just as Genesis shows.

Josheb--your claim -- "The first mention of the covenant with Abraham we have is in Genesis 15"--is a false claim, regardless of what you believe about whether God had already chosen Abram or not.

That occurs in Genesis 12--and is connected to Abram's obedience
Your own post proves you wrong. There is no mention of "covenant" in Genesis 12. The existence of a covenant is being inferred because of God tells Abram to leave so God can show him some land and Abram leaves. The problem is that inference is made in direct contradiction to what is plainly stated in Genesis 15.

Genesis 15:17-21
It came about when the sun had set, that it was very dark, and behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a flaming torch which passed between these pieces. On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, "To your descendants I have given this land, From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates: the Kenite and the Kenizzite and the Kadmonite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Rephaim and the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Girgashite and the Jebusite."

It was on the day the vision was given that the covenant was made. The covenant was made on THAT day, not the day before, the week before, the month before, the year before, and not three chapters before. THAT day. That is the first mention of the covenant. Prior to that it was just commands and compliance.
Josheb--your claim -- "The first mention of the covenant with Abraham we have is in Genesis 15"-- is a false claim...
Scripture proves what I posted correct, and a simple word search proves it.

in other words you don't know
Otherwise I do know exactly, it isn't hard to compare the ways of God as Jesus was compared to Him and gave testimonies of His God in Him. Jesus world was joy and peace, Love and kindness, yours is full of dark hatred in a world full of ugly apes. Jesus was just the opposite and so are we all who are of the same God Jesus was of.

The things of this world doesnt matter at all. if I was killed today my world was a beautiful and delightful one just as Jesus was for he know what God would have of Him and expressed it openly not by words but by actions and so do we all who has the same God of Love as Jesus had. We have the mind of by being anointed with His same mind.

Back