The gospel in Genesis.

Carbon

Genesis 3:15
I will put enmity between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and her offspring;
he shall bruise your head,
and you shall bruise his heel.”

Genesis 3:21
And the LORD God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.

Curious @Johnnybgood & @fltom
Do you both see the gospel in those verses?

Do you see Calvinism in these two verses?

And the LORD God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.

Was Adam & Eve asked if they wanted to be created, or did God violate their free-will?

After we talk about Adam and Eve, I would like to discuss the gospel according to Noah, Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob and Esau, etc.

And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. I receive not honour from men. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
John 5:38‭-‬47 KJV

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
Acts 28:23 KJV

If you don't see Christ in the OT you didn't understand the text.

After we talk about Adam and Eve, I would like to discuss the gospel according to Noah, Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob and Esau, etc.
Sounds awesome!
And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. I receive not honour from men. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
John 5:38‭-‬47 KJV
?
And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
Acts 28:23 KJV
Christ is the central figure of the Bible.
If you don't see Christ in the OT you didn't understand the text.
Amen!

Was Adam & Eve asked if they wanted to be created, or did God violate their free-will?
Oh, taking a pot-shot! I'll play!

Adam and Eve were not asked about anything, nor made any decisions or actions that was not programmed in them. They did everything to the minute degree that was decreed for them to do. They had no choice but to sin since God created them and programmed them to do exactly that. God hates sin and yet made creation purposely to sin so that He could be angry and hate the multitude of them. And to His good pleasure, He decided to show creation how benevolent He is by creating a small portion of people with no choice but to sin and hate Him by His decree and save them for His glory.

When God says He loved the world, He was not really serious. And when Jesus said to love those who hate you so you'll be like your Father in Heaven, He was only joking. He hates sinners and made them purposely to resist Him for His pleasure and then send them to eternal torment as He planned before they were born. They had no real choice.

All that God inspired men to say and teach of Him is not really true. He didn't send His Son to be the propitiation of the world, nor did His Son taste death for everyone...that's just a little fluff to distract people. He really didn't send Him for that. And when God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe, He knows full well that they can't because He made them not to. He only said it so that in the court of public opinion He could look righteous when He damns them forever.

No one has a choice about anything because God made the script and His creation are the actors who perform for Him. Even this post right here is according to God's decree. It is not my choice. I can only do what God makes me to do.

The old Flip Wilson saying the devil made me do it is not true. It is God who makes creation sin. I had no choice about it. No one asked me if I wanted to be sinner and hated by God. But here I am shining in the glory of God, making Him happy by sinning and resisting Him, suppressing His truth by my unrighteousness that He ordained for all of us to do.

And when God asked, "Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?"...He was being sarcastic. Of course He delights in the death of the wicked. He made them expressively to be wicked, they had no choice not to be wicked, and they certainly cannot repent since God ordained they would not...They were never asked if they wanted to be wicked and hated by God only to be tormented forever, but you know, all for the good pleasure and glory of God!

Shall we continue to expose the many errors of the man made doctrine of Calvinism?

The end of Calvinism is not far from the above. It is a terrible distortion of the true revelation of God through Jesus Christ. While bits and pieces hold some semblance of truth, the end is a train wreck that makes God the author of sin, and creation nothing more than living robots that do exactly as God scripted them to do all for His good pleasure and glory.

I had no choice but to do this. It has been determined that I respond as I have. :)

God bless

Adam and Eve were not asked about anything, nor made any decisions or actions that was not programmed in them. They did everything to the minute degree that was decreed for them to do. They had no choice but to sin since God created them and programmed them to do exactly that. God hates sin and yet made creation purposely to sin so that He could be angry and hate the multitude of them. And to His good pleasure, He decided to show creation how benevolent He is by creating a small portion of people with no choice but to sin and hate Him by His decree and save them for His glory.

When God says He loved the world, He was not really serious. And when Jesus said to love those who hate you so you'll be like your Father in Heaven, He was only joking. He hates sinners and made them purposely to resist Him for His pleasure and then send them to eternal torment as He planned before they were born. They had no real choice.

All that God inspired men to say and teach of Him is not really true. He didn't send His Son to be the propitiation of the world, nor did His Son taste death for everyone...that's just a little fluff to distract people. He really didn't send Him for that. And when God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe, He knows full well that they can't because He made them not to. He only said it so that in the court of public opinion He could look righteous when He damns them forever.

No one has a choice about anything because God made the script and His creation are the actors who perform for Him. Even this post right here is according to God's decree. It is not my choice. I can only do what God makes me to do.

The old Flip Wilson saying the devil made me do it is not true. It is God who makes creation sin. I had no choice about it. No one asked me if I wanted to be sinner and hated by God. But here I am shining in the glory of God, making Him happy by sinning and resisting Him, suppressing His truth by my unrighteousness that He ordained for all of us to do.

And when God asked, "Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?"...He was being sarcastic. Of course He delights in the death of the wicked. He made them expressively to be wicked, they had no choice not to be wicked, and they certainly cannot repent since God ordained they would not...They were never asked if they wanted to be wicked and hated by God only to be tormented forever, but you know, all for the good pleasure and glory of God!

Shall we continue to expose the many errors of the man made doctrine of Calvinism?
What errors do you think you've exposed?
The end of Calvinism is not far from the above.
How close is it?
It is a terrible distortion of the true revelation of God through Jesus Christ.
Prove it.

While bits and pieces hold some semblance of truth, the end is a train wreck that makes God the author of sin, and creation nothing more than living robots that do exactly as God scripted them to do all for His good pleasure and glory.
Calvinism states nothing of the sort, therefore, all of the distortion of Calvinism is your in your heart.
I had no choice but to do this. It has been determined that I respond as I have. :)

God bless
I had no choice but to point out your distortions of Cavinism.

It makes me wonder with how much distortion you've distorted scripture to arrive at your beliefs?

My bet is, you'll say none. You'll say your beliefs are not at all distorted; isn't that right? And @Johnnybgood will agree with you.

Calvinism states nothing of the sort, therefore, all of the distortion of Calvinism is your in your heart.
Well, we shall see.

Many Calvinist on this board have denied that Jesus Christ our Lord is the propitiation for the sins of humanity. The claim is then everyone would be saved. So how about you brother. Do you accept that our Lord is the propitiation for the sins of humanity? Or do you only isolate it down to only the Calvinist chosen, and make the word world to mean Jews and Gentiles and not humanity as a whole, otherwise everyone would be saved?

Does God give man the command to repent and believe because they can and do prior to regeneration?

Did God determine all things that were going to happen before the world was made?

God bless

Well, we shall see.

Many Calvinist on this board have denied that Jesus Christ our Lord is the propitiation for the sins of humanity. The claim is then everyone would be saved. So how about you brother. Do you accept that our Lord is the propitiation for the sins of humanity?
No. Jesus died for a particular group of people, in fact, that is why His name is Jesus (Mt 1:21).
Or do you only isolate it down to only the Calvinist chosen, and make the word world to mean Jews and Gentiles and not humanity as a whole, otherwise everyone would be saved?
See above

Does God give man the command to repent and believe because they can and do prior to regeneration?
You sound Pelagian, are you?

Did God determine all things that were going to happen before the world was made?
Yes Is 46:10
God bless

The end of Calvinism is not far from the above. It is a terrible distortion of the true revelation of God through Jesus Christ. While bits and pieces hold some semblance of truth, the end is a train wreck that makes God the author of sin, and creation nothing more than living robots that do exactly as God scripted them to do all for His good pleasure and glory.

God bless
Still, didn't answer my question. Was Adam & Eve thrown out of the garden against their wills?

I see the gospel not Calvinism.

Still, didn't answer my question. Was Adam & Eve thrown out of the garden against their wills?
Did Adam and Eve disobey a command of God ? Didn’t God tell them not to eat off of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ?
Unchecked Copy Box
Gen 2:17 - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. God gave Adam and Eve a choice to obey or disobey they chose wrong and the result is they were removed from the garden.

Last edited:

Calvinism no

Gospel yes

The Proto Evangelium; the First Gospel...

Back