The gospel in Genesis.

Why are you ignoring why they rejected Him as He taught ?
Me? No bud I don’t think so.
What was the difference between those who chose to believe and those who loved darkness more than light ?
Regeneration. And then, it wasn’t they chose to believe, they believed.
Jest like Peter said to the jailer.- Believe.
Not to make a decision to believe.

Same message 2 different results and Jesus explained why. Your explanation was never mentioned by Jesus in those verses. It’s pretty clear based on why according to Jesus it was because they loved darkness more than light.
Lol. Your all mixed up.
Of course they loved darkness and not light. They are in darkness and can’t see the kingdom until they are first born again. Until then they are God haters just as you and I were.

Last edited:
Why are you ignoring why they rejected Him as He taught ?
Why are you ignoring biblical truth.
Ya know, I feel bad here. I really do. I believe your being honest and genuine with me but you just don’t really understand.
These things you believe, did your church teach you this? A pastor or friend maybe?

Do you just believe in your heart that you got it right?

Why are you ignoring biblical truth.
Ya know, I feel bad here. I really do. I believe your being honest and genuine with me but you just don’t really understand.
These things you believe, did your church teach you this? A pastor or friend maybe?

Do you just believe in your heart that you got it right?
I got it straight out of the Bible minus the man made spin.Good night.

John 10:25 pretty much sums up why there are the following verses does it not ? No I am not a universalist not everyone is going to go to heaven.
You are a universalist in that everyone has or receives prevenient grace, correct? If, I am wrong please correct me. All mankind after the fall in Adam, are following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

So, this sinful nature is contrary to God and hates God, is hostile toward Him, and are enemies of God. They Love the darkness rather than the light. They do not believe or trust in God, they continually resist God. This is the sinful nature of the sinner! This is Sunday school 101, people! We are dead in our trespasses and sins, enslaved to sin and Satan.​
Unchecked Copy Box

Jhn 10:25 - Jesus answered them, I told you, and yebelieved not: the works that I do in my Father's name,they bear witness of me.
Unchecked Copy Box

Jhn 10:26 - But ye believe not,because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. They were not of Jesus’ flock because as Jesus said in Vs. 25 they did not believe. Jhn 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: My sheep i.e. those that believed Jesus.
Unchecked Copy Box

Jhn 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. Give unto them i.e those who believed Jesus as said in Vs. 25.
So, by saying you hang your hat on that one verse, and ignore the rest, is not only careless and responsible, but plain deceitful. The truth is what we seek, not winning a debate. They will always believe not, BECAUSE ye ARE NOT of MY SHEEP.

Know what you believe and why you believe it.

You are a universalist in that everyone has or receives prevenient grace, correct? If, I am wrong please correct me. All mankind after the fall in Adam, are following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

So, this sinful nature is contrary to God and hates God, is hostile toward Him, and are enemies of God. They Love the darkness rather than the light. They do not believe or trust in God, they continually resist God. This is the sinful nature of the sinner! This is Sunday school 101, people! We are dead in our trespasses and sins, enslaved to sin and Satan.​

So, by saying you hang your hat on that one verse, and ignore the rest, is not only careless and irresponsible, but plain deceitful. The truth is what we seek, not winning a debate. They will always believe not, BECAUSE ye ARE NOT of MY SHEEP.

Know what you believe and why you believe it.
By Grace Alone!

Well, here we have another contradiction. I thought you said that the Father has to draw them first? Where is Grace in your equation? Nowhere to be found!!! Pelagian view no doubt!
Lets see

sending Christ grace
sending the word - grace
sending the holy spirit - grace

providing for conviction through the spirit

belief through the word concerning Christ wrought by the spirit

regeneration by the spirit

A little bit of common sense and one could have realized I was just listing the order of certain things happening in man

but then if one is just wanting to strawman like you just did they could ignore that and pretend none of those things involved

grace. It would not be honest but I guess some people just don't care

Nobody offers rebuttals to you. Your wat to good. Why do you waste your time in here? Shouldn't you be finding a cure for cancer or something?
I know you don't

that is for sure

In any case we were talking about Civic and his response to others but once again you ignore context

Not according to scripture

Regeneration is the impartation of life which is preceded by faith/repentance

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Acts 11:18 (KJV)
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

John 6:57 (KJV)
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Regeneration makes one a child of God. One is made a child of God through faith

John 1:12 (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Galatians 3:26 (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

John 12:36 (KJV)
36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Regeneration is a spiritual resurrection. It is through faith

Colossians 2:12 (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

One is born again through faith in gospel

James 1:18 (KJV)
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Regeneration is the mechanism of salvation

Titus 3:5 (KJV)
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ephesians 2:5 (KJV)
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

it is through faith we are saved

Titus 3:8 (KJV)
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Regeneration is preceded by remission of sin

Colossians 2:13 (KJV)
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

which requires both faith and repentance

Acts 10:43 (KJV)
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Luke 24:47 (KJV)
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 5:31 (KJV)
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
So it's "through faith" not because of?

Yep, everything God purposed for us in Christ Jesus was accomplished after:
Unchecked Copy Box
Eph 1:13 - In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, You didn’t read far enough into the chapter. Did you catch that “ after you believed you were sealed” ?
Oh for heaven's sake ...

All of those sctiptures support my position. Read 'em ... 🤔

All of those sctiptures support my position. Read 'em ... 🤔
Not if you are able to read and process scripture accurately

but you cannot address them so you just deny their message

What he is saying is you choose life and then your born. You know, like in real life.🙄
What is he saying and what you both deny is scripture

John 5:24–25 (ESV)
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

Sola scriptura merely receives lip service by many here

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
John 6:63‭-‬71 KJV

Nope, I believe those in the church believed God, repented, and accepted the grace God provided through Jesus. , and that is the church.
That's a false gospel. It's called decisional regeneration. What do you believe Jesus accomplished on the cross? An opportunity for dead man to respond to? No! Jesus atoned for all the Father gave Him.

That's a false gospel. It's called decisional regeneration. What do you believe Jesus accomplished on the cross? An opportunity for dead man to respond to? No! Jesus atoned for all the Father gave Him.
It's called scripture

John 5:24–25 (ESV)
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

Some thoughts:

1. if you're going to read John 3:16, you should start reading in John 3:1.

2. If you're going to read John 3 you should also read John 1 and 2 before.

3. The chapter and verse designations are helpful in finding certain proof texts quickly, but in reading scripture, they are really not needed.

Does anyone disagree with this?

Back