The Gospel

Formersda

Prologue:
AV Re 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

And you need one because you do not know ??? Or is it reading is an issue too ??? Or you were not included ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Maybe these may help you Michael as you seem to have difficulty finding anything. What makes the SDA church think that these three angels are a church and not actual angels? Also where is the evidence that this has already happened?

Galatians 1:6-9
6) I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7) which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8) But even if we, or an angel from heaven (or three angels!), should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9) As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

JonHawk

For the gospel of Christ is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, Rom 1:16
So, NONE of you know what the 'gospel' is....
Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come,..." Rev 12:9-11
Please enlighten us ???
Then the accusers came forward, but they brought no accusation against him;
Rather they had questions about their own religion and about a certain Jesus...whom Paul affirmed to be alive. Acts 25:18-19

It's every tribe, every tongue and every nation
With a new song born of a grateful choir
It's all God's children singing
Glory, glory, hallelujah He Reigns
- Newsboys

Common Tater

So, NONE of you know what the 'gospel' is....
How does this work for you?

Now I make known to you, brothers and sisters, the gospel which I preached to you, which you also received, in which you also stand, by which you also are saved, if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
For I handed down to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brothers and sisters at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. 1Corinthians 15:1-11 NASB

SDAchristian

Prologue:
So you are willing to commit to the idea or concept that the Gospel is about the remedy of "our sins{G266 hamartia}" by Paul's understanding then ???

AV Ro 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

@Formersda Is this another gospel per your opinion, or "ashamed of the gospel of Christ" from Paul ???

AV Hb 9:16-17 For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Reading the small print is important to idea or concept, Right ???
Now I make known to you, brothers and sisters, the gospel which I preached to you, which you also received, in which you also stand, by which you also are saved, if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
For I handed down to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brothers and sisters at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. 1Corinthians 15:1-11 NASB
{Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
AV 1C 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins{G266 hamartia} according to the scriptures;

At the time "Christ died for our sins{G266 hamartia}", what was the definition of "sins{G266 hamartia}" at that time "Christ died" for ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:

Common Tater

Prologue:
So you are willing to commit to the idea or concept that the Gospel is about the remedy of "our sins{G266 hamartia}" by Paul's understanding then ???

AV Ro 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

@Formersda Is this another gospel per your opinion, or "ashamed of the gospel of Christ" from Paul ???

AV Hb 9:16-17 For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

AV 1C 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins{G266 hamartia} according to the scriptures;

At the time "Christ died for our sins{G266 hamartia}", what was the definition of "sins{G266 hamartia}" at that time "Christ died" for ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
From Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

hamartia

1) equivalent to 264

1a) to be without a share in

1b) to miss the mark

1c) to err, be mistaken

1d) to miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honour,to do or go wrong

1e) to wander from the law of God, violate God' s law, sin

2) that which is done wrong, sin, an offence, a violation of the divine law in thought or in act

3) collectively, the complex or aggregate of sins committed either by a single person or by many

Note that it means much more than to violate the law. Jesus pointed this out.

“You have heard that the ancients were told, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.’ “But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell. “Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering. “Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. “Truly I say to you, you will not come out of there until you have paid up the last cent.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’; but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. “If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. “If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell. Matthew 5:21-30 NASB

You always want to make this about the 4th Commandment, and yet sin is so much more. There is no commandment among the ten about not getting angry or lusting and yet Jesus pointed out that to do so means you have sinned.

Have you ever stopped to consider that a Gentile is indeed keeping the Fourth Commandment when he accepts that God has said it was a sign of the Sinaitic Covenant between Him and the Children of Israel, and the Children of Israel alone? Or that a Gentile Christian is obeying God when he does not submit to ritual circumcision? Or put himself under any of the rest of the Mosaic Law as he was instructed to do by James after the decision of the Jerusalem Council? That he accepts what James has told him:

“The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings.

“Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls,
it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.7“Therefore we have sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will also report the same things by word of mouth.
“For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials:
that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.” Acts 15:23-29 NASB

Formersda

Prologue:

Yours in Christ, Michael
And back to the opening topic, is the SDA church accursed twice for preaching another gospel which they have stated in their own words?

One gospel which that article stated was everlasting, can’t be that everlasting if the SDA church doesn’t preach it?

JonHawk

From Thayer's Greek Lexicon: hamartia
1a) to be without a share in 1b) to miss the mark 1c) to err, be mistaken
1d) to miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honour,to do or go wrong
1e) to wander from the law of God, violate God' s law, sin
2) that which is done wrong, sin, an offence, a violation of the divine law in thought or in act
3) collectively, the complex or aggregate of sins committed either by a single person or by many
‘They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known My ways.’ Hebrews 3:5-12
Have you ever stopped to consider that a Gentile is indeed keeping the Fourth Commandment when he accepts that God has said it was a sign of the Sinaitic Covenant between Him and the Children of Israel, and the Children of Israel alone?
Have you ever considered that unbelieving Jews missed the mark because they were seeking a righteousness of their own through the works of law and were not able to enter the sabbath rest?

What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,
Or what is the place of My rest?
50 Has My hand not made all these things?’
51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; Acts 7
Or that a Gentile Christian is obeying God when he does not submit to ritual circumcision? Or put himself under any of the rest of the Mosaic Law as he was instructed to do by James after the decision of the Jerusalem Council?
Or that ritual circumcision is nothing, For a Jew is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God. Rom 2:29
Having put on the new nature, which is renewed in knowledge in-accordance-with the image of the One having created him,
Where Christ is all and in all. Col 3:10-11

________________________________________________________________________________

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Last edited:

SDAchristian

And back to the opening topic, is the SDA church accursed twice for preaching another gospel which they have stated in their own words?
I will not argue with your opinion of E. G. White Words or SDA Words.

But I will defend what was written, against your opinion. With the condition, I can used E.G. White/SDA writings in evidence.

So can you Cut-N-Paste the words(in the smallest amount of words) that supports your "accursed twice for preaching another gospel" ???

I can not understand your opinion in your words, until they can be compared against the words you draw your opinion from, Understand ???
One gospel which that article stated was everlasting, can’t be that everlasting if the SDA church doesn’t preach it?
That is your opinion in assessment.

AV Re 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Parts of "the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people":

1. "Fear God,"
2. "and give glory to him;"
3. "for the hour of his judgment is come:"
4. "and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

Given that most Christians will agree on 1,2 and 4 about GOD.

Since Eve sinned, to Jesus' second advent in sin's presence, We do preach "his judgment" of sin of those who did not repent, do you ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

But after faith has come... you are all one in Christ Jesus. Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:25-29
V Re 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
Parts of "the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people":
1. "Fear God," 2. "and give glory to him;" 3. "for the hour of his judgment is come:"
4. "and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."
Given that most Christians will agree on 1,2 and 4 about GOD.
".... When the investigative judgment closes, Christ will come, and His reward will be with Him to give to every man...." investigative judgment, from maranatha p.51
...We do preach "his judgment" of sin of those who did not repent, do you ???
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because God has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. Acts 17:30-

Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God. 1 Peter 1

If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Rom 8

Because Jesus continues forever, He has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is able also to save forever those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede with God on their behalf; Heb 7:19-25

And I will ask the Father and He will give you the Holy Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever, John 14:15-19

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 1 John 2:19-20

SDAchristian

But after faith has come... you are all one in Christ Jesus. Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:25-29
".... When the investigative judgment closes, Christ will come, and His reward will be with Him to give to every man...." investigative judgment, from maranatha p.51
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because God has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. Acts 17:30-
Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God. 1 Peter 1
If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Rom 8
Because Jesus continues forever, He has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is able also to save forever those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede with God on their behalf; Heb 7:19-25
And I will ask the Father and He will give you the Holy Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever, John 14:15-19
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 1 John 2:19-20
AV Mt 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

"Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, ...", There is no middle ground between "He that is not with me is against me;" of Jesus' judgment.

There is no fooling Jesus' righteous judgment either in dividing sheep from goats.

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

But after faith has come... you are all one in Christ Jesus. Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:25-2
Let those whom He gathered, those who have been redeemed by the Lord declare it— those whom he redeemed from the power of the enemy, Psalm 107:2-3
AV Mt 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

"Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, ...", There is no middle ground between "He that is not with me is against me;" of Jesus' judgment.

There is no fooling Jesus' righteous judgment either in dividing sheep from goats.
12 And so all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.
14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2:12-14

Last edited:

SDAchristian

Prologue:
Noting your pagination error in reference.
".... When the investigative judgment closes, Christ will come, and His reward will be with Him to give to every man...." investigative judgment, from maranatha p.251
investigative judgment from maranatha pg 251 said:
A few, yes, only a few, of the vast number who people the earth will be saved unto life eternal, while the masses who have not perfected their souls in obeying the truth will be appointed to the second death.
Many do not believe the above(AKA unbelief), but that does not make it not true for Jesus.

GOD's Judgment(s) has phases and term limits. Understanding GOD, means understanding the way GOD thinks about judgments of all sins.

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

12 And so all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.
14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2:12-14
investigative judgment from maranatha pg 251 said:
A few, yes, only a few, of the vast number who people the earth will be saved unto life eternal, while the masses who have not perfected their souls in obeying the truth will be appointed to the second death.
Many do not believe the above(AKA unbelief), but that does not make it not true for Jesus.
I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the sea; Gen 22:17
GOD's Judgment(s) has phases and term limits. Understanding GOD, means understanding the way GOD thinks about judgments of all sins.
Having purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit; 1 Peter 1:22-25
Who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. 1 Peter 2:10

And it shall come to pass In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not My people,’ There it shall be said to them, ‘You are sons of the living God.’ Hosea 1:10