The handwriting of requirements is gone folks

Simpletruther

Col 2: 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the [i]handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Replaced by God's own promise to work in Us to keep his Commandments.

This is the new covenant.

Ezekiel 36: Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them

It is by the Spirit working in us that we do good works flowing from the fruit of the spirit.

God is working in us to will and do his good pleasure.

Some 30 fold, some 100, however The Spirit wills.

Praise our gracious God.

Last edited:
Col 2: 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the [i]handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Ezekiel 36: Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them

It is by the Spirit working in us that we do good works flowing from the fruit of the spirit.

Praise our gracious God.
This corresponds to Jesus words here:

John 14: 15 “If you love Me, [d]keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [e]Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you

Keeping God's Commandments is evidence God is working in us to fulfill his promise.

Praise our gracious God.
All I can say about this in your Thread is that it's Fundamental to the Faith...

Last edited:

Praise our gracious God.
God working in us doesn't mean He precauses sin in the Christian. God merely aids our libertarian climb.

Sin in the believer is contrary to Gods will .
There are those who are not believers.
What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, Romans 9

Sin in anyone is contrary to God's will.
Was the fall Gods will ?

Was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world Gods will ?

Was it Gods will the Jews murdered and killed Christ ?

Was it Gods will judas betrayed Christ ?

Oops

Was the fall Gods will ?
If it wasn't, it wouldn't have happened.

What do you say?

Was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world Gods will ?
Your question answers itself.

What do you say?

Was it Gods will the Jews murdered and killed Christ ?
Scripture says, "yes."

What do you say?

Was it Gods will judas betrayed Christ ?

What do you say?

Oops what?

What fo you say?

Your question answers itself.

What do you say?

Scripture says, "yes."

What do you say?

If it wasn't it wouldn't have happened.

What do you say?
So much for your anti biblical view on sin .

The flip flopper, fence walker cannot let his yes be yes and his no be no .

Scripture has a word for that called an actor on stage who wears a mask ?.

Next

Your answers prove you are not reformed in the least and are wearing a mask pretending to be one when you are not.
Thank you, Carnack, for the missing, in-depth proof of your assertion. ?, not that I've ever claimed to be Reformed, mind you.

Back