The Heresy of the Seventh day Adventist Church!

YeshuaFan

The sin nature is the flesh, and when born again we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, the divine nature. Romans 8:9; 2 Peter 1:2-4.

I suppose you've also been taught like all those in denominations of one kind or another that sanctification is the life-long process of overcoming sin, thus your repeat of statements on sin. That is why denominations teach to keep confessing sin to be cleansed, a vicious cycle of sin, repent, sin, repent. But 1 John 1:9 and Acts 2:38 are the same. Repent to become born again. Being cleansed of ALL unrighteousness is our nature being cleansed.

But Jesus already dealt with the power of sin and death when He recreated our nature when we were born again. Romans 8:2. 1 John 3:5. Now the life-long process is not sanctification, but glorification - becoming more and more like Christ. Romans 8:29-30; 2 Peter 1:5-7. It is the maturing of the fruit of the Spirit of Christ. What is born again is our nature, our mind and spirit. What yet has to die and be changed is our body. Doctrines of denominations clump them all together. That is why you believe you are not completely sanctified. And denominations do not teach glorification of the nature while alive.

Those who still willfully sin, do not have this power of the Spirit, and are NOT born again, nor saved.
So peter was not saved?

So peter was not saved?
You do make statements that are not scriptural. And at no time do you back anything strange you say with a text so we can tell you the correct meaning. Don't you want to learn anything? I understand if you are a new Christian and don't know anything yet. But please let us help you.

YeshuaFan

You do make statements that are not scriptural. And at no time do you back anything strange you say with a text so we can tell you the correct meaning. Don't you want to learn anything? I understand if you are a new Christian and don't know anything yet. But please let us help you.
Even the Apostle John FAR more spiritual then either you and me, fell at the feet of an angel to worship him and had to get rebuked!

Buzzard

Even the Apostle John FAR more spiritual then either you and me, fell at the feet of an angel to worship him and had to get rebuked!
Yeshua;
It was John that wrote

Rev. 22:
Behold, I come quickly:
blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

8 And I John saw these things, and heard them.
And when I had heard and seen,
I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

9 Then saith he unto me,
See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant,
and of thy brethren the prophets,
and of them which keep the sayings of this book:
worship God.

10 And he saith unto me,
Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:
for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still:
and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still:
and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still:
and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me,
to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end,
the first and the last.

Who is it that
"comes quickly; and HIS reward is with HIM,"

Matt. 22:2
The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king,
which made a marriage for his son,
11: And when the king came in to see the guests,
he saw ...........................

Matt. 21:23
Hear another parable:
There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard,
When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh,
what will he do unto those husbandmen?

YeshuaFan

Yeshua;
It was John that wrote

Rev. 22:
Behold, I come quickly:
blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

8 And I John saw these things, and heard them.
And when I had heard and seen,
I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

9 Then saith he unto me,
See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant,
and of thy brethren the prophets,
and of them which keep the sayings of this book:
worship God.

10 And he saith unto me,
Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book:
for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still:
and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still:
and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still:
and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me,
to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end,
the first and the last.

Who is it that
"comes quickly; and HIS reward is with HIM,"

Matt. 22:2
The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king,
which made a marriage for his son,
11: And when the king came in to see the guests,
he saw ...........................

Matt. 21:23
Hear another parable:
There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard,
When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh,
what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Yes, as that shows that John himself was still able to sin despite being an Apostle of the Lord!

Yes, as that shows that John himself was still able to sin despite being an Apostle of the Lord!
It wasn't a sin, as if he was bowing down to a demonic idol. It was the angel of Jesus. The first time John saw him, he fell down and fainted. Being a Spirit-filled Christian doesn't mean we won't make a mistake. But we will not commit willful sins of lawlessness. Those are not in our nature to be able to commit without an extreme forceful choice to go against our conscience.

YeshuaFan

It wasn't a sin, as if he was bowing down to a demonic idol. It was the angel of Jesus. The first time John saw him, he fell down and fainted. Being a Spirit-filled Christian doesn't mean we won't make a mistake. But we will not commit willful sins of lawlessness. Those are not in our nature to be able to commit without an extreme forceful choice to go against our conscience.
All will still sin, even after being saved!

All will still sin, even after being saved!
Yes, but not sins unto death. Revelation 8:2 Do you know the name of the other type of sin? If you lump them together, you miss what you must do to have the other type of sin cleansed. Question: do you believe all your sins you commit are automatically forgiven, as in the heresy of past, present and future sins? 2 Peter 1:9 shows us that only our old sins were cleansed. So what does Jesus give us to prevent us from sinning willfully again?

YeshuaFan

Yes, but not sins unto death. Revelation 8:2 Do you know the name of the other type of sin? If you lump them together, you miss what you must do to have the other type of sin cleansed. Question: do you believe all your sins you commit are automatically forgiven, as in the heresy of past, present and future sins? 2 Peter 1:9 shows us that only our old sins were cleansed. So what does Jesus give us to prevent us from sinning willfully again?
Did Jesus died and atone for all our sins or not? Are we forever justified, or just put on a probation period?

Yes, but there is something a Christian must do to get the second type of sin forgiven, because those we commit after being born again. Those He is our Advocate for. But He is not our Advocate for present and future willful sins of lawlessness that His death did not cover.

Please explain what you mean in "our sin nature", so I can address your implied application ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Its not something we learned in SDA school. It is the natural man we were born with of 1 Corinthians 2:14. Romans 8:9 and Galatians 5:19-21 calls it the "flesh." It is why we must be born again. It is our "nature" that is recreated supernaturally to where we no longer desire to commit sin, and we partake now of the divine nature of Christ 2 Peter 1:2-4, 1 John 3:9. The experience is powerful and amazing. Mine was February 9, 1977 around 8:00. It is what happened to the followers of Jesus on the Day of Pentecost. I was 30 years old. I left SDA when I was 23.

Common Tater

This is what I meant when I said that we still sin. I am not talking about willful sin, I am talking about losing my temper, or saying a harsh word, etc. It's a mistake, yes, but it is still sin. I still ask for God's forgiveness. And the person I may have wronged or hurt.

Common Tater

Was Jesus born as one of us, with a sin nature, or was he as Adam when created, sinless human nature?
Christ was born with a sinless nature. We are told that Christ was the lamb without spot or blemish. A sin nature is one big blemish, no matter how you cut it.

YeshuaFan

This is what I meant when I said that we still sin. I am not talking about willful sin, I am talking about losing my temper, or saying a harsh word, etc. It's a mistake, yes, but it is still sin. I still ask for God's forgiveness. And the person I may have wronged or hurt.
There is no sinless perfection state we ever brow into in this life!

Not everyone knows the difference. Martin Luther didn't when he stated, "even if we were to commit murder or adultery 1000 times a day, no sin would separate us from God." And some today are just as ignorant.