The Idols of the Roman Catholic Church

so having a pic of Jesus is idol worhsip?

A pic, any pic hanging on the wall for decoration is one thing, and another thing if it becomes an object of worship. Just because the pic is of Jesus, does not justify making the image an object of worship. A pic or any other type of image can NEVER represent the complete image of God or accurately display His glory, and should never be a substitute for how we view God or deepen our knowledge of Him.

Im sure you were already aware of this, but are hoping that because it is a pic of Jesus that you would find an excuse. NOPE. You have NO excuse whatsoever to cause the pic of Jesus to be an object of worship, just as you do NOT have an excuse for any other form of idol worship.

Oh how RCs like to play the victim card instead of responding the questions. This is just a diversion attempt and does not work, because it has been over played and is never backed up with evidence. In fact, it is what we were taught at school, all those protestants are the tools of the devil, they are trying to remove you from the one true church. The devil only has to go after RCs, as they are only ones who belong to the real church.
yes, just going to a nonC service was a mortal sin! no help for that but confession to a rcc priest (which is totally unbiblical).

yes, just going to a nonC service was a mortal sin! no help for that but confession to a rcc priest (which is totally unbiblical).
I remember the first time I went to another church, I expected the walls to cave in on me. I learnt that confessing to a priest could be dangerous. Once I missed Sunday mass we were on holidays. I confessed the priest yelled at me and when I left the confessional everyone near turned and stared. He yelled if I did it again he would go out and tell the congregation what I had done. I know we were taught they couldn't but I never trusted a priest ever again. In fact, I only ever went to confession after that if forced to by the nuns.

Last edited:
I remember the first time I went to another church, I expected the walls to cave in on me. I learnt that confessing to a priest could be dangerous. Once I missed Sunday mass we were on holidays. I confessed the priest yelled at me and when I left the confessional everyone near turned and stared. He yelled if I did it again he would go out and tell the congregation what I had done. I know we were taught they couldn't but I never trusted a priest ever again. In fact, I only ever went to confession after that if forced to by the nuns.
Sorry to hear that happened to you. Glad you are no longer a member of the rcc.

157 Membership of the Church is necessary for all men for salvation.
So true! What a bunch more of Roman Catholic cow hooey! Salvation is not membership in their "church" or any 'church,' nor merely intellectual assent to certain biblical doctrines. Also, it is not a matter of partaking of sacraments or rituals or striving to live up to a certain moral ethic. Salvation involves coming into a living, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Back