The Idols of the Roman Catholic Church

Oh, is this ridiculousness still making its rounds? The RCC removed the commandment about images?

Let me explain something to you: there are some Protestants who do actually have some good critiques of Catholic belief, practice and theology. Jack Chick is not one of them. The statement that the RCC removed the commandment about images--that is Jack Chick nonsense.

There aren't actually 10 literal commandments in the Bible. You do realize this, do you not? There are actually more. The commandments are fitted together in the form of 10 to facilitate memorization of them. The Bible itself does not strictly tell us how to combine them or number them.

Now, the prohibition against images was not absolute and never was. The point of the commandment was that images were not to be worshipped. You were not to construct a graven image and WORSHIP the image.

As far as Jesus was concerned the 10 commandments could be reduced to 2.

I agree--we are not to make graven images for the purposes of worship.

Now, if you want to read good critiques of Catholic belief--read reformed theologians like R.C. Sproul and others. Put the Jack Chick pamphlets down. They aren't helping you. All they do is make you look ridiculous.
And who is Jack chick? There were 10 revealed to Moses at Mount Siniah. Well the rcc scrapped the one about graven images. edit You are the one looking foolish trying to defend your paganistic cult from hell. Rcs will tell ANY lie to uphold their perverted unbiblical doctrines. When people kneel down and pray to something it is worship, whether you admit it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Did you note that he hardly ever quotes the Bible, but mostly other Catholic theologians? They hardly ever quote the Bible, either. The one quote from the OT I did see in the book was misapplied--this guy claimed the cities of refuge in the OT prefigured Mary, who is now the refuge if sinners...silly me, and here I thought GOD is our refuge and a very present help in time of trouble..

Why oh why isn't Jesus good enough for Catholics to pray to and trust in for help and refuge? Do they think saints dead in the Lord can do what Jesus cannot? Do they think dead saints will be more sympathetic and understanding than HE is?
They don't KNOW Jesus. One cannot know Jesus without being born again.
That's why Jesus and scripture mean nothing to them. Until they receive Christ by grace through faith all things biblical will remain a mystery to them.

1 Cor 2:
14¶But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

And who is Jack chick? There were 10 revealed to Moses at Mount Siniah. Well the rcc scrapped the one about graven images. So suck it up cupcake, that's just the way it is. You are the one looking foolish trying to defend your paganistic cult from hell. Rcs will tell ANY lie to uphold their perverted unbiblical doctrines. When people kneel down and pray to something it is worship, whether you admit it or not.
Technically, it's still there. The RCC rolls it together with the first when they list them (yes, even the RCC makes lists, Romish!), and splits another (on coveting?) to wind up with ten. The Ten are mentioned by Moses, even though the RCC translates "הַדְּבָרִ֔ים" as the possible alternate "words" instead of "commandments":

Exo 34:28 [DRC] And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights: he neither ate bread nor drank water, and he wrote upon the tables the ten words of the covenant.
Deu 4:13 [DRC] And he shewed you his covenant, which he commanded you to do, and the ten words that he wrote in two tables of stone.
Deu 10:4 [DRC] And he wrote in the tables, according as he had written before, the ten words, which the Lord spoke to you in the mount from the midst of the fire, when the people were assembled: and he gave them to me.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

“Then [during the Eucharistic prayer] we make mention also of those who have already fallen asleep: first, the patriarchs, prophets, apostles, and martyrs,
How very ironic and appalling of the Roman Catholic Church to mention the "martyrs"- the "martyrs' are the very people that the Roman Catholic Church officials who were acting in the "name of Christ" - brutally tortured and fiendishly murdered thousands of innocent people who simply wanted to live in obedience to the Word of God, and not the words of the Roman Catholic Church. The RCC carried out the most unspeakable inhumanities ever known to man on these innocent, God-loving people. And now the Roman Catholic Church sanctimoniously "makes mention" of them "who have already fallen asleep" during a Eucharistic prayer said at a Roman Catholic altar by a Roman Catholic priest - what a slap in the face to those "martyrs" who wanted to live by the rules of God and not the Pope. They didn't "fall asleep" they were hideously murdered by the RCC henchmen. But to cover that all up, the cutesy RCC piously wants to "remember them"- why? - to make themselves "look" real holy and innocent, of course.
Just another example of how the highly deceptive Roman Catholic Church intentionally disguises the truth.

How is it blasphemy? A "vicar" is one who "represents." Why is it blasphemy to say that the pope represents Christ? I

Apparently the following is missing from ALL roman catholic bibles and other roman catholic church literature.

Exodus 20, can't miss it. Below is the first couple of verses, unless it was deliberately removed from all roman catholic literature

"You may worship NO other god than me" and "You shall not make yourselves any idols: no images of animals, birds, or fish. 5 You must never bow or worship it in any way; for I, the Lord your God, am very possessive. I will not share your affection with any other god!

Idolatry is NOT limited to statues. It is whatever else any human gives "devotion" and "veneration" to other than God. mary, dead saints, relics, etc... are zealously pursued by rc's. No where in Scripture does God permit mankind to give His glory to anything else. NOT even to a lesser degree. And the words devotion and veneration are still forms of "worship" and giving something other than God undue glory. The very exact same words, and actions and emotions are used towards other things that is used to worship God. They mimic the glory that rightly belongs to God. In doing so, a person is indeed practicing idolatry.

John 14:16-18
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever — the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”

Jesus was speaking of the Holy Spirit. Your pope can't live in each and every person that is a believer, but the Holy Spirit can. Giving the pope the blasphemous title of "vicar" is usurping the role of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is Christ’s “replacement” on the earth.

ApExodus 20, can't miss it. Below is the first couple of verses, unless it was deliberately removed from all roman catholic literature

"You may worship NO other god than me" and "You shall not make yourselves any idols: no images of animals, birds, or fish. 5 You must never bow or worship it in any way; for I, the Lord your God, am very possessive. I will not share your affection with any other god!

Idolatry is NOT limited to statues. It is whatever else any human gives "devotion" and "veneration" to other than God. mary, dead saints, relics, etc... are zealously pursued by rc's. Nowhere in Scripture does God permit mankind to give His glory to anything else. NOT even to a lesser degree. And the words devotion and veneration are still forms of "worship" and giving something other than God undue glory. The very exact same words, and actions and emotions are used towards other things that is used to worship God. They mimic the glory that rightly belongs to God. In doing so, a person is indeed practicing idolatry.
Fine. When we worship the pope and statues you will have a point. Until Catholics start worshipping the pope or statues---I fail to see your problem.
John 14:16-18
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever — the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”

Jesus was speaking of the Holy Spirit. Your pope can't live in each and every person that is a believer, but the Holy Spirit can. Giving the pope the blasphemous title of "vicar" is usurping the role of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is Christ’s “replacement” on the earth.
Since when do Catholics claim that the pope replaces the Holy Spirit?

What do you think the title "vicar of Christ" means, and how the rcc has applied it?
Vicar is a word that means "representative."

The Apostles spoke with the authority of Christ and in so doing represented Christ. The bishops and pope today as their successors do the same.

the Holy Spirit is God. The Holy Spirit does not represent God, the Holy Spirit is God.

the Holy Spirit is God. The Holy Spirit does not represent God, the Holy Spirit is God.
Since according to your own words, that the Holy spirit is God. But yet the rcc says.... the pope is God on earth as representative. And btw, veneration is latin for "worship". Idolatry is NOT limited to statues. In the video that bonnie posted a while back, definitely demonstrates giving something or someone other than God, glory.... Worship isn't just bowing down to a statue.... its in a person's words, emotions, and actions that make it worship.

No the people in the video weren't bowing or laying prostrate, in front of the statue, but they were weeping uncontrollably, and looking upon it with awe as if that statue did something so amazingly and awesome.... even the commentator who is an atheist, could recognize their actions as worship, because she asked the question with shock written all over her face "just who is being worshiped here?".

The words and emotions given to mary and other dead people are the exact same words and emotions given to God. Your institution is lying to you. And I do think you realize that, but don't care for whatever reason. However, Scripture does teach us that those who cause others to put their trust in something else other than in God ALONE is a very serious matter.

And before you give me anymore static, you might want to seriously start reading posts by other rc's other than Mysterium Fidei. We have been redirected continuously in the direction of trusting mary, dead people, relics, scapulars, etc.... by other rc's on here, anytime we speak of the gospel. And just recently a rc, told me he/she was not allowed to share the gospel.

Even so, I have already seen enough video's, pic's and written prayers and songs and devotional teachings TO mary by roman catholic priests.... So you can say "we don't do X" till the cows come home because the truth of your institution is already out in the open for all to see. I KNOW BETTER. As do ex-rc's on here. And I will accept the testimony of ex-rc's over you in regard to your institution. That, "I am not allowed to share the gospel" was the last straw that broke the camels' back. Your institution is exceedingly deceptive and evil, when it prevents the biblical gospel message from being spread.

Last edited:
Since your institution demands people to look to it for salvation instead of trusting God from start to finish, I do NOT believe the rcc is even heterodox in beliefs, but has crossed over into the cult category. And just like mormonish, jws, christian science, sda, oneness, and others who are actually cults, I want NOTHING to do with any rcc. We non-rc's who have been posting in this forum do not accept the fertilizer that is spewed by the others I have listed in this post. We take everything to Scripture and compare whatever anyone says about such and such, to what God says about such and such. And if what these people say do not line up with Scripture, we are to disregard anything they say.

I thought the mormon's were bad when they knocked on my door, but what I have recently read in this forum, takes the cake.

How very ironic and appalling of the Roman Catholic Church to mention the "martyrs"- the "martyrs' are the very people that the Roman Catholic Church officials who were acting in the "name of Christ" - brutally tortured and fiendishly murdered thousands of innocent people who simply wanted to live in obedience to the Word of God, and not the words of the Roman Catholic Church. The RCC carried out the most unspeakable inhumanities ever known to man on these innocent, God-loving people. And now the Roman Catholic Church sanctimoniously "makes mention" of them "who have already fallen asleep" during a Eucharistic prayer said at a Roman Catholic altar by a Roman Catholic priest - what a slap in the face to those "martyrs" who wanted to live by the rules of God and not the Pope. They didn't "fall asleep" they were hideously murdered by the RCC henchmen. But to cover that all up, the cutesy RCC piously wants to "remember them"- why? - to make themselves "look" real holy and innocent, of course.
Just another example of how the highly deceptive Roman Catholic Church intentionally disguises the truth.
I agree with everything that you mention in this post. with the exception of one thing. Thee rcc is not talking about those that were martyred fin Jesus Holy name, It is referring to those that died with the rcc on their mind for the sake of the rcc.

No, veneration is our "buzz word" for veneration.
syn·on·y·mous
(of a word or phrase) having the same or nearly the same meaning as another word or phrase in the same language.

SYNONYMS FOR worship

Since when do Catholics claim that the pope replaces the Holy Spirit?

Let's make one thing clear, The pope has not replaced the Holy Spirit on earth. He has usurped the position for himself.

u·surp=>take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force.
seize take over
expropriate take possession of
take appropriate
steal wrest
arrogate commandeer
annex assume
lay claim to
take the place of (someone in a position of power) illegally; supplant.
oust overthrow
remove topple
unseat depose
dethrone eject
dispel succeed
come after step into the shoes of
supplant replace
fill someone's boots crowd out
defenestrate deprive
encroach or infringe upon (someone's rights).

Is replacement the correct term that we should use?

JOHN 14:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
John 15:26
“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
John 16:7
Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

Back