The impact of sin on the life of Adam, and ultimately, us.

SteveB

An old friend posted this on Facebook yesterday morning.
I think it nails the truth about what happened to Adam, and ultimately, us.

After Adam and Eve sinned, were ashamed, and hid their nakedness with some fig leaves, we read this in Genesis 3:21: "And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them." I read and an awesome and touching explanation of that verse this morning in a commentary on Genesis. Merry Christmas!

“It is also to be remarked that the clothing which God provided was different from what man had thought of. Adam took leaves from an inanimate, unfeeling tree; God deprived an animal of life, that the shame of His creature might be relieved. This was the last thing Adam would have to thought of doing. To us life is cheap and death familiar, but Adam recognized death as the punishment of sin. Death was to early man a sign of God’s anger. And he had to learn that sin could be covered not by a bunch of leaves snatched from a bush as he passed by and that would grow again next year, but only by pain and blood. Sin cannot be atoned for by any mechanical action nor without expenditure of feeling. Suffering must ever follow wrongdoing. From the first sin to the last, the track of the sinner is marked with blood. Once we have sinned we cannot regain permanent peace of conscience save through pain, and this is not only pain of our own. The first hint of this was given as soon as conscience was aroused in man. It was made apparent that sin was a real and deep evil, and that by no easy and cheap process could the sinner be restored. The same lesson has been written on millions of consciences since. Men have found that their sin reaches beyond their own life and person, that it inflicts injury and involves disturbances and distress, that it changes utterly our relation to life and to God, and that we cannot rise above its consequences save by the intervention of God Himself, by an intervention which tells us the sorrow He suffers on our account. For the chief point is that it is God who relieves man’s shame."

Marcus Dods, Book of Genesis, 25-26 as quoted in Allen P. Ross, Creation and Blessing: A Guide to the Study and Exposition of Genesis, 149.

This is exactly why the life, death and resurrection of Jesus are so fundamentally important, indeed,
IMPERATIVE!

Merry Christmas.

e v e

the garments are these animal bodies .

out of mercy but not the original body adam had.

what a horrible step down into carnal Flesh.

Gary Mac

Actually it was a step up from flesh created by the laws in Eden to spirituality that is not of flesh where we become like the God Who is Spirit to know this difference. Sadly most today has not received that same knowledge to actually be like God who is Spirit and in His same image that is not flesh. Religious folk has this all backward and think that becoming like God to know this difference as in Gen 3:22 is a bad thing when in fact God demands it of us if we are to be in His same image that He demands of us.

Not very many find His way at all for to them the laws for sin that Eden employed has them in chains where there is no way they can be like the God Who is Spirit because all they see is that flesh man wrapped in a leather coat full of sin and cant relate to him gaining the knowledge of God to be like him instead. Adam left the laws of Eden to become like Him instead to know this difference. And as Jesus commanded of us to be ye therefore Perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect seems to be completely out of the equation.

SteveB

the garments are these animal bodies .

out of mercy but not the original body adam had.

what a horrible step down into carnal Flesh.
Where in the world do you come up with these clearly unbiblical, bizarre ideas of yours?

SteveB

true.

because all that is fallen cosmology.

Not His.
You're not helping your cause here.
And so far, I've not seen enough truth to think you know what you're talking about.
At best, you're like a butterfly flitting from flower to flower, while dumping all the pollen you gather on the way from one to the next, making your collections useless.

e v e

And so far, I've not seen enough truth to think you know what you're talking about.
At best, you're like a butterfly flitting from flower to flower, while dumping all the pollen you gather on the way from one to the next, making your collections useless.

Im not collecting here
nor needing to feel important or useful

the sons are the sons and He knows who they are...

good day Steve

Redeemed

That's putting it nicely because all that dumping of the "Pollen" could lead people astray. One has to be careful where one walks to avoid stepping in it.

SteveB

That's putting it nicely because all that dumping of the "Pollen" could lead people astray. One has to be careful where one walks to avoid stepping in it.
pretty much.
I used pollen because to the person doing it, it has a pleasant appearance, but I then used dumping, because those who step in it realize they have poop all over their feet, and there's no easy way to clean it up.

Redeemed

pretty much.
I used pollen because to the person doing it, it has a pleasant appearance, but I then used dumping, because those who step in it realize they have poop all over their feet, and there's no easy way to clean it up.
Been there done that!

Redeemed

I think a lot of us have. Even if we don't specifically realize it.
That's the bad part that we want to avoid... tracking all over the place. The truth has that sweet smelling aroma the lie on the other hand comes with that smell of death. I'm glad were free to walk in God's truth! ;)

SteveB

That's the bad part that we want to avoid... tracking all over the place. The truth has that sweet smelling aroma the lie on the other hand comes with that smell of death. I'm glad were free to walk in God's truth! ;)
Indeed!!!

Gary Mac

I've studied cosmology, astrophysics, and physics..... nothing of what she's said has anything to do with any of them.
Cosmology is a branch of astronomy concerned with the studies of the origin and evolution of the universe, from the big bang to today and on into the future. eve is a product of this evolution and has sated she is of apes evolved from the cosmos many times.

Perhaps your studies was not in depth?

SteveB

Cosmology is a branch of astronomy concerned with the studies of the origin and evolution of the universe, from the big bang to today and on into the future. eve is a product of this evolution and has sated she is of apes evolved from the cosmos many times.

Perhaps your studies was not in depth?
Evolution is not cosmology.
It's a sub-discipline of biology, based on speculative philosophy.

Tiburon

An old friend posted this on Facebook yesterday morning.
I think it nails the truth about what happened to Adam, and ultimately, us.

After Adam and Eve sinned, were ashamed, and hid their nakedness with some fig leaves, we read this in Genesis 3:21: "And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them." I read and an awesome and touching explanation of that verse this morning in a commentary on Genesis. Merry Christmas!

“It is also to be remarked that the clothing which God provided was different from what man had thought of. Adam took leaves from an inanimate, unfeeling tree; God deprived an animal of life, that the shame of His creature might be relieved. This was the last thing Adam would have to thought of doing. To us life is cheap and death familiar, but Adam recognized death as the punishment of sin. Death was to early man a sign of God’s anger. And he had to learn that sin could be covered not by a bunch of leaves snatched from a bush as he passed by and that would grow again next year, but only by pain and blood. Sin cannot be atoned for by any mechanical action nor without expenditure of feeling. Suffering must ever follow wrongdoing. From the first sin to the last, the track of the sinner is marked with blood. Once we have sinned we cannot regain permanent peace of conscience save through pain, and this is not only pain of our own. The first hint of this was given as soon as conscience was aroused in man. It was made apparent that sin was a real and deep evil, and that by no easy and cheap process could the sinner be restored. The same lesson has been written on millions of consciences since. Men have found that their sin reaches beyond their own life and person, that it inflicts injury and involves disturbances and distress, that it changes utterly our relation to life and to God, and that we cannot rise above its consequences save by the intervention of God Himself, by an intervention which tells us the sorrow He suffers on our account. For the chief point is that it is God who relieves man’s shame."

Marcus Dods, Book of Genesis, 25-26 as quoted in Allen P. Ross, Creation and Blessing: A Guide to the Study and Exposition of Genesis, 149.

This is exactly why the life, death and resurrection of Jesus are so fundamentally important, indeed,
IMPERATIVE!

Merry Christmas.
Seems like another case of man adding to scripture.