The Intelligence Of The Anti-Faith Secular Humanists Will Vanish.

Comparable to the groomers in the American public education system, right? Right!
In defense of the other poster, a parent’s duty to educate their child has ended for the most part by the time the child becomes an adult. At that point, they mostly learn for themselves. The letter probably made little change to the minds of its audience. For example, My kids have the tools and example I gave them growing up but I no longer decide for them. They must decide for themselves. As parents we have to let go.

In defense of the other poster, a parent’s duty to educate their child has ended for the most part by the time the child becomes an adult. At that point, they mostly learn for themselves. The letter probably made little change to the minds of its audience. For example, My kids have the tools and example I gave them growing up but I no longer decide for them. They must decide for themselves. As parents we have to let go.
Then you disagree my observation of the other posters comment is wrong, that there aren't groomers "...(trying) to (mold) the thoughts of the young..." in our public education system? Interesting.

Then you disagree my observation of the other posters comment is wrong, that there aren't groomers "...(trying) to (mold) the thoughts of the young..." in our public education system? Interesting.
Of course there are people influencing our adult children, but we must let them choose for themselves. We can no longer shield them from the world as we did when they were little children. Hopefully, we have given them the tools to choose wisely. The context of the OP is a letter to adult children going to university NOT kindergarten.

Last edited:
Of course there are people influencing our adult children, but we must let them choose for themselves. We can no longer shield them from the world as we did when they were little children. Hopefully, we have given them the tools to choose wisely. The context of the OP is a letter to adult children going to university NOT kindergarten.
Does that matter? If we are concerned with "old people" influencing those entering university (even though there will be "old people" influencing them in the university itself) shouldn't we also be concerned about those influencing our young children too? I do.

Does that matter? If we are concerned with "old people" influencing those entering university (even though there will be "old people" influencing them in the university itself) shouldn't we also be concerned about those influencing our young children too? I do.
But isn’t the topic of the OP about influencing grown children or adults going to university? Are we all arguing about the same thing here?

I am certain no atheist wants his five year old child indoctrinated by a school teacher into christianity anymore than you want your five year old indoctrinated into Islam, but we should all agree that by the time our children become adults —going to university, we can no longer shield them from outside influences. You have to let go of them.

So demonstrate with empiricism and logic that Christianity is true
at the certainty-level of 2 + 2 = 4 and you then no longer have to
exercise FAITH in God.
The Bible also says that the mere existence of the universe settles the issue of the Bible god's existence... where is the faith in that?

But isn’t the topic of the OP about influencing grown children or adults going to university? Are we all arguing about the same thing here?
We definitely are apart on what is and is not allowed in this thread.
I am certain no atheist wants his five year old child indoctrinated by a school teacher into christianity anymore than you want your five year old indoctrinated into Islam, but we should all agree that by the time our children become adults —going to university, we can no longer shield them from outside influences. You have to let go of them.
No, we don't have to let the go. If you believe parental influence stops when our children leave you're wrong and part of the problem we see happening today. Just as we should also hold our children close, guiding, teaching, correcting their behaviors and moral flaws as they grow to adult hood.

We definitely are apart on what is and is not allowed in this thread.

No, we don't have to let the go. If you believe parental influence stops when our children leave you're wrong and part of the problem we see happening today. Just as we should also hold our children close, guiding, teaching, correcting their behaviors and moral flaws as they grow to adult hood.
If you have to tell your adult, grown children what to think, then you probably failed as a parent. Nuff said.

Comparable to the groomers in the American public education system, right? Right!
Well groomers are always behaving illegally. You do know what grooming actually is, don't you? Or were you just whining about accredited teachers exposing young people to a wide range of ideas, instead of your narrow-minded prejudices?

If you have to tell your adult, grown children what to think, then you probably failed as a parent. Nuff said.
You must have a low esteem for your parents. When my grown children know they can come to me for advice, whatever the reason, that's not failure. When I can influence my grown children to make the right choices, that's not failure. When I can guide my grown children because of my own experiences, successes and failures, that's not failure. You have an odd concept of what parenthood is

Well groomers are always behaving illegally. You do know what grooming actually is, don't you? Or were you just whining about accredited teachers exposing young people to a wide range of ideas, instead of your narrow-minded prejudices?
Way to avoid the point.

You must have a low esteem for your parents. When my grown children know they can come to me for advice, whatever the reason, that's not failure. When I can influence my grown children to make the right choices, that's not failure. When I can guide my grown children because of my own experiences, successes and failures, that's not failure. You have an odd concept of what parenthood is
If your adult children come to you for advice then that is them seeking information. Adult mature people seek advice, even adult OLD people seek advice. I recently paid a lawyer to help me set up my estate plan. But If you have to tell them because they cannot think and choose for themselves then you have already failed.

If your adult children come to you for advice then that is them seeking information. Adult mature people seek advice, even adult OLD people seek advice. I recently paid a lawyer to help me set up my estate plan. But If you have to tell them because they cannot think and choose for themselves then you have already failed.
Again, you have an odd concept of what parenthood is.

As do you.
My job, as a parent of adult children and I never cease being their parent, is to advise and advocate that they make the right choices. If their choices leads them down the wrong path, as we see so many in society making wrong choices affecting the whole of society, then I will tell them, in whatever case it may be, their "thinking for themselves" is wrong and that they need to consider their "thinking for themselves" is not succeeding. So, your argument "thinking for themselves" is a thinly veiled hands off, you're on your own, don't bother me with your troubles cop-out.

My job, as a parent of adult children and I never cease being their parent, is to advise and advocate that they make the right choices. If their choices leads them down the wrong path, as we see so many in society making wrong choices affecting the whole of society, then I will tell them, in whatever case it may be, their "thinking for themselves" is wrong and that they need to consider their "thinking for themselves" is not succeeding.

So, your argument "thinking for themselves" is a thinly veiled hands off, you're on your own, don't bother me with your troubles cop-out.
And you are the nutty parent trying to run your ADULT children's lives.

And you are the nutty parent trying to run your ADULT children's lives.
With all due respect to your sensibilities, my children respect us, desire our respect and confidence in them and their decisions, and know we want nothing but the best for them. That's what real parents do.

Back