The irrationality of "science"

Torin

@The Pixie, the SEP is a more reputable source than Wikipedia, and it explains the motivation for the position a little better.

"One of the primary motivations for allowing kinds of knowledge less than certainty is the widespread sense that skeptical arguments are successful in showing that we rarely or never have beliefs that are certain (see Unger 1975 for this kind of skeptical argument) but do not succeed in showing that our beliefs are altogether without epistemic worth."

Source: https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/certainty/

Woody50

If you are responding to me, the point is that is generally accepted that knowledge does not require certainty, and indeed certainty is generally not even possible.
It was generally accepted that Earth was the center of the universe. You're using this as a rebuttal? C'mon, I know you can think better than this.

Nouveau

The troll now thinks he can equivocate on consensus determining meanings of words vs matters of fact.

How laughably absurd.

Woody50

The troll now thinks he can equivocate on consensus determining meanings of words vs matters of fact.

How laughably absurd.
LOL. Sorry N. You ignored me and I wondered how to do that. Then I thought, "Why is N gone?" I just saw it now. I ignored you!

It's been so quiet...KIDDING. I missed you.

You're wrong yet again, though, N. You're just ticked off. I get that. It's hard to accept a challenge to your god.

Nouveau

Readers will note the troll's continued tactic of failing to support his own claims and posting nothing but divisive flamebait.

The Pixie

It was generally accepted that Earth was the center of the universe. You're using this as a rebuttal? C'mon, I know you can think better than this.
No, I am using the fact that modern philosophers say certainty is not required for knowledge.

Woody50

If science is irrational, what does that say about religious belief, and is religious belief irrational too?
So, you're admitting science is irrational?

Dude, you're no "doctor." You're an infant who cannot read or think.

You're done.

You are, however, a fruit...Kiwi.

Nouveau

The troll is back with more insults, and is now pretending not to know what the word 'if' means.

Hilarious.

Woody50

The troll is back with more insults, and is now pretending not to know what the word 'if' means.

Hilarious.
Not as hilarious as you, Nouveau! GOSH...I am SO envious of you!

I love this "troll" follower. He's like a lost puppy, don't you think?

Sitting on a NZ beach following a troll. Wow. What a LIFE!

J regia

So, you're admitting science is irrational?

Dude, you're no "doctor." You're an infant who cannot read or think.

You're done.

You are, however, a fruit...Kiwi.
Cool

And you still don't have the slightest clue what science is, and just sneak out from under your bridge and attack the messenger as usual instead of addressing the message.