The irrationality of "science"

The Pixie

Cool

And you still don't have the slightest clue what science is, and just sneak out from under your bridge and attack the messenger as usual instead of addressing the message.
I suspect he has realised he does not have a leg to standard on, and rather than swallow his pride and admit he is wrong, he is just slinging insults around. It is the usual Christian strategy we see all too often around here.

Nouveau

I suspect he has realised he does not have a leg to standard on, and rather than swallow his pride and admit he is wrong, he is just slinging insults around. It is the usual Christian strategy we see all too often around here.
Best to just ignore the troll. He has nothing to offer.

The Pixie

Best to just ignore the troll. He has nothing to offer.
All three threads he started have now degenerated into him whining about people whining and nitpicking at spelling.

I suspect a lot of Christians come to CARM "full of the holy spirit" absolutely sure they will crush the infidels, but when they get here they discover atheists are a lot more informed and, well, right, than there preachers told them, and they end up losing argument after argument.

I guess that must be frustrating, but confusing too. They have to rationalise away the atheists winning the argument somehow, when they are utterly sure they are right. Obviously they cannot admit they were wrong. Heaven forbid!

Thus, we see behaviour like this, where the poor sap is reduced barely coherent ranting where he dare not say anything of substance for fear of it being shot down in flames.

Kind of sad really.

Nouveau

All three threads he started have now degenerated into him whining about people whining and nitpicking at spelling.

I suspect a lot of Christians come to CARM "full of the holy spirit" absolutely sure they will crush the infidels, but when they get here they discover atheists are a lot more informed and, well, right, than there* preachers told them, and they end up losing argument after argument.

I guess that must be frustrating, but confusing too. They have to rationalise away the atheists winning the argument somehow, when they are utterly sure they are right. Obviously they cannot admit they were wrong. Heaven forbid!

Thus, we see behaviour like this, where the poor sap is reduced barely coherent ranting where he dare not say anything of substance for fear of it being shot down in flames.

Kind of sad really.
That's exactly how ferengi started too.

Also: *their :)