The King of Kings and Lord of Lords who dwells in unapproachable light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yahweh will increase

Oh just shut it, OK?

You first,
Read the above, especially the first sentence. In fact, memorize it.
?
They most certainly don't, they only affirm your ignorance of the Godhead and incarnation.

There is no such thing as a incarnation of God but only of his Logos and furthermore, if Jesus had his own life as God, then he wouldn't need to receive his life from the Father and neither would he be living because of the Father either but this is what he said and very plainly also.

Furthermore he received that life from the Father for both himself and us and the context of both John 5:26 and John 6:57 prove this out also.
Nothing but blather above...

Yes, that is a perfect word to describe what you believe regarding the Divine nature and the supposed incarnation dude.

Yahweh will increase

@Yahweh will increase how old are you ?

and I don't mean in dog years, human years.
I think that it is only fair to tell you Civic, that many trins on this forum have contributed to my change of heart about the trinity and Jesus as God, for when I first started posting here at first, I wasn't completely convinced yet about it, but after hearing your arguments on the contradictions that I was seeing with your doctrine, you have contributed in my departure from these doctrines.

Edit personal attack. like with Matthew 24:36 when Jesus said that he didn't know the day or hour of his return but that ONLY THE FATHER DOES.

Like for instance some of you would say, "Oh but Jesus only didn't know as a man but as God he did know" and when Jesus not only told us that he didn't know, but that ONLY THE FATHER DOES PERIOD and which totally eliminates Jesus from knowing at all and no matter what nature you try to say he was speaking from.

The fact is, that you never have answers for your problems and which if you were correct in your doctrine, you should have, but you don't.

For every time you would give answers like this and there have been many also and like how you answer to John 17:3 also, you would convince me of how absolutely Edit personal attacks.

Another way in which you contributed to my change of heart on this, is because it forced me to seek out and ask God more diligently for the answers to your question when you would test me on my beliefs also, for God has increased my knowledge on many issues because of my need for answers to your questions also.

Read the CARM rules: https://carm.org/uncategorized/carm-discussion-rules/

Last edited by a moderator:

Dizerner

I think that it is only fair to tell you Civic, that many trins on this forum have contributed to my change of heart about the trinity and Jesus as God, for when I first started posting here at first, I wasn't completely convinced yet about it, but after hearing your arguments on the contradictions that I was seeing with your doctrine, you have contributed in my departure from these doctrines.

The way in which you have contributed, is in your foolish answers to problems with your doctrine like with Matthew 24:36 when Jesus said that he didn't know the day or hour of his return but that ONLY THE FATHER DOES.

Like for instance some of you would say, "Oh but Jesus only didn't know as a man but as God he did know" and when Jesus not only told us that he didn't know, but that ONLY THE FATHER DOES PERIOD and which totally eliminates Jesus from knowing at all and no matter what nature you try to say he was speaking from.

The fact is, that you never have answers for your problems and which if you were correct in your doctrine, you should have, but you don't.

For every time you would give answers like this and there have been many also and like how you answer to John 17:3 also, you would convince me of how absolutely deceived you are and so blind that you are totally incapable of being honest or having God given common sense in many instances, for that is what false doctrine does to people.

Another way in which you contributed to my change of heart on this, is because it forced me to seek out and ask God more diligently for the answers to your question when you would test me on my beliefs also, for God has increased my knowledge on many issues because of my need for answers to your questions also.

I hope you might find some honesty and humility in my first post made on this forum, and see that not all Trinitarians are unfair, hostile and close-minded. Perhaps it might interest you, and we should all watch out for misrepresentations poisoning the well for truths by our distaste for those who represent it, for we might criticize and turn from Christianity altogether by the lovelessness of so many called Christians.

civic

I agree and especially if you cannot verify what you think you learned from the word then it is suspect.
but I would emphasize again the Spirit leads us into all truth and that can be from Him directly personally to us. I do not believe that Calvinists in general have that experience.
Lets test your theory with yourself seth. This is yet another short, simple verse with few words filled with Christological truths. I really look forward to your response when you get back from your vacation.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Does this passage mean that Jesus is unchanging/immutable ? yes or no

If not why not ?

How could it say Jesus is the same but change ?

Wouldn't that be a lie or a contradiction ? yes or no

If not why not ?

hope this helps !!!

Dizerner

Just repeating your own confusion over and over again is hardly a rebuttal to what I have already shown from the scriptures that refutes your confusion on Philippians 2:1-8, for I am not confused like you are anymore and therefore your repeating this isn't going to bring me around to your confusion either for God has freed me from it completely.

Furthermore, you are still not being honest but rather your thinking that you are, is only part of the deception that you are still in the stronghold of.

You sure repeated confusion a lot.

That's confusing.

Hope you see the truth one day!

Yahweh will increase

You sure repeated confusion a lot.

That's confusing.

Hope you see the truth one day!
That is why you have nothing from the scriptures that can refute the truth about it with either and the fact that it is confusion to you is also predicted in the scriptures by Paul and Jesus in the below verses.
You may not discuss the Trinity in the A/C forum. It is off-topic here. You may post scripture, but not for opposing the Trinity in this forum. Take it to the Trinity forum or the Apologetics forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnybgood

Lets test your theory with yourself seth. This is yet another short, simple verse with few words filled with Christological truths. I really look forward to your response when you get back from your vacation.

If not why not ?

If not why not ?

hope this helps !!!
@Sethproton are you ignoring all of us now

Sethproton

If not why not ?

If not why not ?

hope this helps !!!
My point was that it does not appear that Calvinists on this forum have any experience with the Holy Spirit leading them into truth? Instead they buy into Calvinism based on intellectual persuasion.

civic

My point was that it does not appear that Calvinists on this forum have any experience with the Holy Spirit leading them into truth? Instead they buy into Calvinism based on intellectual persuasion.
I see you refuse to address the passage , your false christ changed and the passage said He never changed and remains the same Jesus. Your jesus went from human to non human.

hope this helps !!!

Theo1689

My point was that it does not appear that Calvinists on this forum have any experience with the Holy Spirit leading them into truth?

Another ad hominem insult by you.

I just responded to a Mormon who claimed he would never give up Mormonism, because he had a "spiritual witness" that it was true. So why should we believe any "spiritual witness" you claim to have is any more reliable than the one he claims to have?

Instead they buy into Calvinism based on intellectual persuasion.

Well, first off, you are engaging in the fallacy of "false dichotomy". It's not a case of "either/or", and accepting the Bible's teachings does NOT deny Spiritual leading.

Secondly, it could just as easily be said that "it does not appear that Sethonians or Arminians have any experience in Bible study. Instead they buy into spiritism."

Finally, Scripture says, "Search the Scriptures", not "Seach the Spirit".
Scripture says, "Study to show thyself approved", not "look into the Spirit to show thyself approved".
Scripture says, "All Scripture is God-breathed, and suitable for instruction and training", not "All spirits are God-breathed, and suitable for instruction and training".

It's no wonder your theology is all messed up, since you reject the Scriptures.

civic

I didn't realize as we began talking that you do not accept that Jesus is God. So of course in that doctrinal framework, you will deny what I am reporting from the Bible.
I did explain what i meant by Jesus being approachable on earth while he was human.
Here Seth says Jesus was human “ while on earth “

Is Jesus still human ? Yes or no

Last edited:

civic

You are right in your first statement, I no longer think that jesus still has a body of flesh and bone. As to the word "soma" meaning a physical body, how else could corinthians discuss his new "body" without using the word "soma" as a reference? Is there some other Greek word that means a spiritual body?
About the run on sentence. you seem to be using your doctrine, to test the validity of the understanding of the grammar. Seems it should be the other way.
As far as the Father deciding the time of the return. That was spoken by Jesus when he was a man and was not omniscient.
Here seth says just like I claimed he does that Jesus was not God who is omniscient and is no longer a man with a human body which has human flesh.

Last edited:

Sethproton

Here seth says just like I claimed he does that Jesus was not God who is omniscient and is no longer a man with a human body which has human flesh.
you have been claiming that I say jesus stopped being God during the incarnation. Hopefully people can read ny post which you pasted in and see how false you are. Nowhere does that post claim that Jesus stopped being God. Why not repent and confess these false accusations?

Status
Not open for further replies.