The King of Kings and Lord of Lords who dwells in unapproachable light

Status
Not open for further replies.

civic

you have been claiming that I say jesus stopped being God during the incarnation. Hopefully people can read ny post which you pasted in and see how false you are. Nowhere does that post claim that Jesus stopped being God. Why not repent and confess these false accusations?
1-Was the Father and Holy Spirit omniscient while Jesus walked this earth ?

2-Was the Son omniscient while He walked this earth ?

Your honest answer to these questions will prove who is correct. Your jesus was not fully god since he lacked the omni’s that the Father/ HS had making him less than God.

Johnnybgood

My point was that it does not appear that Calvinists on this forum have any experience with the Holy Spirit leading them into truth? Instead they buy into Calvinism based on intellectual persuasion.
As hominem attacked tell it all that you cannot defend your beliefs and resort to personal attacks. That must be the reason why you get banned all of the time.

Sethproton

As hominem attacked tell it all that you cannot defend your beliefs and resort to personal attacks. That must be the reason why you get banned all of the time
I am curious why you think it is an ad hominem to say that Calvinists do not listen to the Spirit in order to develope doctrine. Many of them are proud of the idea that they have intellectually mastered the Bible. Do you find it an insult? Or are you proud of your intellectual ability you use to understand the Bible?

Sethproton

1-Was the Father and Holy Spirit omniscient while Jesus walked this earth ?

2-Was the Son omniscient while He walked this earth ?

Your honest answer to these questions will prove who is correct. Your jesus was not fully god since he lacked the omni’s that the Father/ HS had making him less than God.
Where does the Bible teach that Jesus would no longer be God if He emptied Himself?

Sethproton

I see you refuse to address the passage , your false christ changed and the passage said He never changed and remains the same Jesus. Your jesus went from human to non human.

hope this helps !!!
Before that you believe that He went from non-human to human. How is that not a change?

Theo1689

I am curious why you think it is an ad hominem to say that Calvinists do not listen to the Spirit in order to develope doctrine.

Well, let's see...
Because it is (1) a generalization that is (2) inaccurate?

Any statement that begins with "Calvinists do not..." is necessarily ad hominem.

Many of them are proud of the idea

Another false claim by you?
What Calvinist has ever claimed being "proud"?
Or are you depending on your non-existent "mind-reading" skills?

Again... ad hominem.

that they have intellectually mastered the Bible.

Another false claim by you.
Please quote ANY Calvinist who has allegedly claimed they "have intellectually mastered the Bible".

And I'm guessing that you're unaware that using "intellect" to understand written text is not mutually exclusive with "listening to the spirit".

Do you find it an insult? Or are you proud of your intellectual ability you use to understand the Bible?

You know what, Seth? This post of yours was so insulting I'm going to go ahead and report it. And since you weren't responding (directly) to anything I said, you can't blame me for it, like you always do.

Fred

You are gravely MISTAKEN. 1 John 3:2 is not referring to Jesus.

28 Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him. 3:1 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God and we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope upon Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
What Sethproto said concerning 1 John 3:5 in post 826 is correct.

The same Greek word for "appeared" (phaneroō) in 1 John 3:5 in reference to the Lord Jesus is also used in reference to Him in 1 John 2:28 and 1 John 3:2 (as well as in 1 John 3:8) which refutes your claim these passages are not in reference to Jesus.

The same with 1 John 3:3.
1. Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: of the Lord Jesus, 1 John 2:6; 3:3, 5, 7, 16; 4:17 (ekeinos)
2. BDAG (3rd Edition): of Christ 1 John 3:3 (hagnos, page 13)

Last edited:

praise_yeshua

He has always remained fully/completely God lacking nothing( All OMNI Attributes) . So nothing changed.

next

One could ask.... when God moves.... how is that not a change? Or if Jesus blew His nose, how is that not a change????

When we deal with the Hypostatic Union, it is a matter of Character. In the Incarnation, nothing about the Character of God changed.

I AM... was still I AM....

civic

One could ask.... when God moves.... how is that not a change? Or if Jesus blew His nose, how is that not a change????

When we deal with the Hypostatic Union, it is a matter of Character. In the Incarnation, nothing about the Character of God changed.

I AM... was still I AM....
Amen

Theo1689

Before that you believe that He went from non-human to human. How is that not a change?

Wow... Civic, I wasn't sure you were representing seth accurately, but clearly you are. He is denying the deity of Christ for the 33 years of his Earthly ministry.

Seth doesn't seem to get that Jesus has ALWAYS been God, and that He TOOK ON a body of flesh.

civic

Wow... Civic, I wasn't sure you were representing seth accurately, but clearly you are. He is denying the deity of Christ for the 33 years of his Earthly ministry.

Seth doesn't seem to get that Jesus has ALWAYS been God, and that He TOOK ON a body of flesh.
Yes I have been saying that for 10 years now. :)

Sethproton

Of course I get that. Civic has been twisting my words for years. Jesus is and always has been God. He took on a body to live and die for our sins, but He never stopped being who He was: God.
That underlies anything I have to say about Jesus.

civic

Of course I get that. Civic has been twisting my words for years. Jesus is and always has been God. He took on a body to live and die for our sins, but He never stopped being who He was: God.
That underlies anything I have to say about Jesus.
Did Jesus possess all the Omni Attributes while walking this earth for 33 years ? Yes or no

Did Jesus possess all the Omni Attributes prior to the Incarnation? Yes or no

I rest my case

next

civic

And just do you know and cannot make any excuses and plead the 5th. There is no such thing as a real Trinitarian who believes the Incarnation changed anything whatsoever about the Son.

By default it disqualifies a person as a trinitarian just like you profess that He indeed changed according to your HETERODOX beliefs .

So once again proving you are not a trinitarian just like I’ve been saying all along .

hope this helps !!!

Sethproton

Did Jesus possess all the Omni Attributes while walking this earth for 33 years ? Yes or no

Did Jesus possess all the Omni Attributes prior to the Incarnation? Yes or no

I rest my case

next
Jesus before and after the incarnation is omniscient. While He walked the earth there were things He did not know, which means on earth he was not omniscient.
Now you seem to be speaking of something new to me, the idea that while Jesus was on earth, He was also in Heaven with the Father at the same time. This is definately possible for Him, but, what scriptures are you referring to that teach this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.