The Law of Sin

Him

I love this study in Romans 7 and 8 that speaks of our deliverance from the Law of sin and death through the Gospel. The life offered us through the Life in Him, through His spirit. Please follow along.

Paul through God says that He delights after the Law of God in his inner self in verse 7:22 But finds a law that when he would do good evil is present with him verse 21. This EVIL that is present with Paul is the evil he would not but does. He calls this EVIL a ANOTHER LAW in verse 23 in comparison to the Law of God in His mind. Then calls this other law the LAW of SIN. The Law of God he is referring to was disclosed earlier in verse 7 where Paul through God specifically states the Law is not sin and if it where not for the Law he would not know what sin is.

Being that the wages of sin is death Paul cries out in verse 24 realizing the end result of His (our) dilemma. He says, oh wretched man that I am who shall deliver me from this Body of death. He says I indeed serve the Law of God that tells me what sin is with my mind. But says that ain’t cutting it for with my flesh I serve the Law of sin, that EVIL that he would not but DOES is ever so present, this body of death in which we need delivered, set free from.

Then in verse 8:2-4 God through Paul speaks of our deliverance he says the Law of the spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has SET US FREE from the LAW of SIN and the wages of it, death that the righteousness of the Law of God, that told him what sin was would be FULFILLED in us who walk after the Spirit of Life that is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Gary Mac

When I co,mparewhat Paul said of himself and what Jesus said of himself, I do not see where Jesus struggled with the things of sin, and that is exactly why I follow the way of Jesus instead of the way of Paul. One of these was holy pure and without sin and one of these was a sinner trying to save himself by the laws he made up for his salvation. Jesus didn't have any of those issues. I rather be like Jesus than Paul anyday.

Personally Jesus has the better way for me. If Paul is your way I understand. Paul was good at getting people to follow him in his ways and a lot more follow the way of Paul as a sinner then ever did Jesus and to be without sin.

Be ye therefore perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect.

The reason most cant relate to Gods perfections is they follow Paul in his imperfections.

puddleglum

When I co,mparewhat Paul said of himself and what Jesus said of himself, I do not see where Jesus struggled with the things of sin, and that is exactly why I follow the way of Jesus instead of the way of Paul. One of these was holy pure and without sin and one of these was a sinner trying to save himself by the laws he made up for his salvation. Jesus didn't have any of those issues. I rather be like Jesus than Paul anyday.

Jesus was without sin because he was God as well as human. That is why his death was sufficient to atone for all of our sins. Paul was a sinner just like the rest of us and his sins were forgiven because he put his faith in Jesus. Jesus and Paul taught the same way of salvation and when we follow one we are also following the other. Paul had a sinful human nature just as we do, so when we follow Jesus we experience the same struggles that Paul did. Someday we will all experience the transformation of our bodies through resurrection or the rapture and then we will no longer experience the temptation to sin.

Gary Mac

Jesus was without sin because he was God as well as human.
Oh Contrary'. Jesus was son of God the same way I am, by His same Spirit be in me who was in Jesus. Jesus didn't even know God or His heaven until God came to him by His Spirit and opened up to him all of His heaven and who He really is.
That is why his death was sufficient to atone for all of our sins.
And in that atonement, God put into man His Spirit to make up what man lost in mistake. And that atonement is the same Spirit be in you who was in Christ Jesus.

The cross is symbolic for that flesh man dying and the new man off Spirit arising from that death. Jesus refigured to this renewing as born again.

The moment one flings off the notion that God is a man, flesh, is the moment He can come to you by the Spirit that He is and open up all of His heaven to you just as He did in these others we read of just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 no different at all. Jo flesh inherits the kingdom of God.

If you are different from what Jesus received from God then you do not follow the way of Jesus at all.
Paul was a sinner just like the rest of us and his sins were forgiven because he put his faith in Jesus.
Just like the rest of you, but we who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin. 1 John 3:9. If you are a sinner then v 8 tells clearly who you follow.
Jesus and Paul taught the same way of salvation and when we follow one we are also following the other.
Not we, you. we who are born of God are of Christ and followed the way of Jesus in righteousness, perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect as Jesus commanded of us.
Paul had a sinful human nature just as we do, so when we follow Jesus we experience the same struggles that Paul did.
Until one is born again, born of God. He really does take away the sins of this world. 1 John 3, but few who actually receive from God to be His righteousness. Sin is the way of nearly all of our churches and the reason they are is they follow Paul and can relate to sin but they cant relate to be ing like God as He demands of us and without sin.
Someday we will all experience the transformation of our bodies through resurrection or the rapture and then we will no longer experience the temptation to sin.
We who are born again already has experienced this transformation from flesh -- carnality, has been lifted ups to Him where He is and where sin isn't even an issue at all.

When or if you ever do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him, not like Paul or any other man, for God is a Spirit not a man at all. As long as your god is flesh, a man, you never will know the God of Spirit who was in that man.

If Jesus had to receive from God His Spirit where He opens up all of who He is to Jesus, what makes you exempt from the same? Is it not the creed that you are advocate of who will not allow you to be as He is as Jesus was like Him?

Yakuda

I love this study in Romans 7 and 8 that speaks of our deliverance from the Law of sin and death through the Gospel. The life offered us through the Life in Him, through His spirit. Please follow along.

Paul through God says that He delights after the Law of God in his inner self in verse 7:22 But finds a law that when he would do good evil is present with him verse 21. This EVIL that is present with Paul is the evil he would not but does. He calls this EVIL a ANOTHER LAW in verse 23 in comparison to the Law of God in His mind. Then calls this other law the LAW of SIN. The Law of God he is referring to was disclosed earlier in verse 7 where Paul through God specifically states the Law is not sin and if it where not for the Law he would not know what sin is.

Being that the wages of sin is death Paul cries out in verse 24 realizing the end result of His (our) dilemma. He says, oh wretched man that I am who shall deliver me from this Body of death. He says I indeed serve the Law of God that tells me what sin is with my mind. But says that ain’t cutting it for with my flesh I serve the Law of sin, that EVIL that he would not but DOES is ever so present, this body of death in which we need delivered, set free from.

Then in verse 8:2-4 God through Paul speaks of our deliverance he says the Law of the spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has SET US FREE from the LAW of SIN and the wages of it, death that the righteousness of the Law of God, that told him what sin was would be FULFILLED in us who walk after the Spirit of Life that is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
When you say "the Gospel" what exactly are you referring to?

e v e 21

these flesh bodies are the sin nature.

tombs.