The LDS view of God's grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in a LDS construct. Maybe is a trivial way, but never any PH power with saving authority (in ordinances etc). According to LDS theology PH authority governs all thing, with the melk. PH being front and foremost.

Biblically believers are baptized (immersed) into the body of Christ by the HS. LDS theology is much different.

In the OT priests stood before God, and were the mediator between God and man...a imperfect mediator.

This is how a see it. The Royal part, or royal PH, refers to Christ. In other words all believers can stand before God, through Christ..in fact Paul says we can “boldly do so in Romans 8. We don’t need a man who can’t meet the requirements of propitiation anymore, we have a perfect and complete mediator in Christ. Just remember that “Royal” means it is His PH, not ours....we are just sinners clothed in His righteousness by his Grace and Mercy.

If I may...The one verse in the Bible that changed my life and opened up the bile for me when I was struggling with Mormonism is John 1:12. The word ‘right’ actually means “power and autority.” When we received Jesus by faith (a receiving belief) we become a child of God, adopted into Christ, we are in Him is a spiritual sense. Clothed in His righteousness. Read the first few chapter sof EPH. and underline how many times Paul says “in Him” (or similar). This is because we are adopted into Him, by the power of the HS. And then when you read and study the Bible it will explode with a new understanding, I promise.

I can walk you through this verse by verse when you have time, but I encourage you to do a prayerful study on this and God will show you how the Bible is not just a bunch of verses you have to dig through to make Mormonism work. But it is a systematic logical love story from our creator to His creation.

There is a old book I read some 30 years ago, I don’t know if it is in print anymore...but it is a easy read and really put what I am trying to convey in simple terms. It is called “ The Heart of Christianity “by Ron Rhodes. I just looked it up and you can get a used copy for 6 bucks
The ONLY priesthood God recognizes now would that of High Priest Jesus!

AND the priesthood of ALL believers,
No. it's not. That's not what the passage says, that's the way you interpret it.
with Jesus Christ as our one and only Great High Priest
You can claim it all day, but he's not the only high priest after the order of Melchizedek. All the prophets and apostles were high priests after the order of Melchizedek and they still are.

No. it's not. That's not what the passage says, that's the way you interpret it.

You can claim it all day, but he's not the only high priest after the order of Melchizedek. All the prophets and apostles were high priests after the order of Melchizedek and they still are.
HE alone is the great High Priest!

yes he is!
No. He isn't. Why do you think the priesthood is called after Melchizedek? Could it be that he holds that priesthood? But he is not the only one, all the prophets throughout the Old Testament and the apostles in the New Testament were high priests after the order of Melchizedek as well as many of the kings of Israel. Ps 110 is a coronation text. David is speaking in third person,

The LORD said to my Lord (king David);
"Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies a footstool for Your feet"

The Lord extends your might scepter from Zion:
"Rule in the midst of your enemies"
You people shall be willing
on Your day of battle
Arrayed in holy splendor, from the womb of the dawn,
to you belongs the dew of your youth.

(and here's the key)
The LORD has sworn
and will not change his mind
"You are a priest forever
in the order of Melchizedek"

The Lord is at your right hand
He will crush kings in the day of his wrath.
He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead
He will crush the leaders far and wide
He will drink from the brook by the road:
therefore he will lift up his head.

There is a clear difference between a Levite High Priest and a Melchizedek priest.

No. He isn't. Why do you think the priesthood is called after Melchizedek? Could it be that he holds that priesthood? But he is not the only one, all the prophets throughout the Old Testament and the apostles in the New Testament were high priests after the order of Melchizedek as well as many of the kings of Israel. Ps 110 is a coronation text. David is speaking in third person,

The LORD said to my Lord (king David);
"Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies a footstool for Your feet"

The Lord extends your might scepter from Zion:
"Rule in the midst of your enemies"
You people shall be willing
on Your day of battle
Arrayed in holy splendor, from the womb of the dawn,
to you belongs the dew of your youth.

(and here's the key)
The LORD has sworn
and will not change his mind
"You are a priest forever
in the order of Melchizedek"

The Lord is at your right hand
He will crush kings in the day of his wrath.
He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead
He will crush the leaders far and wide
He will drink from the brook by the road:
therefore he will lift up his head.

There is a clear difference between a Levite High Priest and a Melchizedek priest.
Do you even know who is spoken of in that Psalm?

Most LDS members do not use the word grace much outside of a few talking points, it is more or less replaced with the word “atonement“.

Simply put the Grace we teach and understand can’t survive in the LDS church in that they demand works, which is like oil and water when mixed.
So Markk even the evil spirits that Satan took with him when expelled from the pre-existence could state they believe in Christ....so belief alone will not save them or us....

Acts 19:15
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

So Markk even the evil spirits that Satan took with him when expelled from the pre-existence could state they believe in Christ....so belief alone will not save them or us....

Acts 19:15
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
LOL...be honest...remember our conversations over the years with you denying conditional and unconditional salvations...that DB is now a champion of...be honest, and remember the internet does not lie about what we said in the past. Why was I wrong and why is DB right, when we said the same exact thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back