The leading cause of death of pregnant women is homicide

I left one church and joined another denomination, where I am an active member.
Copy and paste where I brought up YOUR religion. You can't get something this basic right but we are supposed to think you know what you're saying?

Blacks at one time also weren't persons under the law.

I care about actual people and actual babies. You only care about women. You're not the kind of person I want anywhere near public policy
Well, we fixed the law about black people, who are still not treated equally in our society.

I do not see the RW anti-abortion movement as caring about anything but fetuses. They have opposed all programs to provide healthcare to pregnant women and young families, school lunches, paid maternity leave, affordable childcare, etc. If you can point to the programs your side has supported, that would be appreciated.

OTOH, I do not see your side even mentioning the trauma of desperate women faced with crisis pregnancies.

My view of public policy on this issue:
--mandated medically accurate sex ed that includes how to avoid unintended pregnancies
--cost-free access to the most effective forms of BC for all women
--easy access to first trimester pregnancies at low to no cost
--prenatal and postnatal care for all women
--nutritional assistance for children in poor families
--paid maternity/paternity leave
--testing for fetal defects and abortions for serious defects whenever they are detected
--abortions for health issues that arise during or before pregnancy and threaten the life or health of the mother

So go ahead and list your positions on these same issues.

Well, we fixed the law about black people, who are still not treated equally in our society.

I do not see the RW anti-abortion movement as caring about anything but fetuses. They have opposed all programs to provide healthcare to pregnant women and young families, school lunches, paid maternity leave, affordable childcare, etc. If you can point to the programs your side has supported, that would be appreciated.

OTOH, I do not see your side even mentioning the trauma of desperate women faced with crisis pregnancies.

--mandated medically accurate sex ed that includes how to avoid unintended pregnancies
--cost-free access to the most effective forms of BC for all women
--easy access to first trimester pregnancies at low to no cost
--prenatal and postnatal care for all women
--nutritional assistance for children in poor families
--paid maternity/paternity leave
--testing for fetal defects and abortions for serious defects whenever they are detected
--abortions for health issues that arise during or before pregnancy and threaten the life or health of the mother

You have demonstrated your lack of perception.

No, you totally blame the murderer! 100%. It's the murderer's fault, and the murderer's fault alone for murdering someone.

So why would you blame ANYONE or ANYTHING else besides the murderer? Like....a law that doesn't force or compel ANYONE to actually murder anyone else?
Not sure I understand your point.

There are plenty of posts on this thread blaming the dead women for not carefully choosing their boyfriends/husbands.

I wouldn't put money on it.

This is a purely emotional argument. When I pointed out that they generalized to the whole population the experience of 273 women who were pregnant or were pregnant within the previous year she accused me of not caring about the dead women. What scientist, as she claims, to be would generalize with such a small sample? When I asked about how many died from the covid vaccine she didn't seem to concerned about those deaths. This is nothing but emotion.
You are confusing the number of dead women with the entire sample size examined.

In order to be pro-choice, we've seen the following arguments in the pro-choice camp:

- The fetus isn't human.
- We can't even reasonably determine whether it is a living thing.
- It is nothing more than a parasite.
- You're making women into inert incubators and nothing more.
- This is only about wanting control over women's bodies.
- Babies will be born into difficult circumstances and so it's better to abort them (i.e., kill them).

The arguments are very very emotional and not scientific in nature at all - that is, they deny basic science that we all learn in school. And then twist themselves in knots making up scenarios and arguments that just leave one shaking your head.
Nope.

--The fetus is human but not a person with rights under the law.
--The fetus is living, but not a person.
--It is true that the fetus is totally dependent on its mother and that meets the definition of parasite.
--That anti-abortionists rarely if ever seriously consider the factors that motivate women to end crisis pregnancies is a fact. Continuation of pregnancy is their goal with no exceptions, so how is the woman not just an incubator?
--If women are forced to continue unwanted pregnancies, then yes, someone else is controlling their bodies.
--If pregnancies will have a poor outcome, why not halt the process as early as possible?

Prove it. Please don't say something as nonsensical nas "It's obvious"
You made a claim you back it up.
There's a crisis pregnancy center down the street from my house. Oops.
--mandated medically accurate sex ed that includes how to avoid unintended pregnancies.
Including keeping your legs closed and pants zipped?
--cost-free access to the most effective forms of BC for all women.
Never. If its not important enough for the woman or man to pay for why should I? Please don't bore me with the cost to society nonsense.
--easy access to first trimester pregnancies at low to no cost.
Again not free. Nothing is.
--prenatal and postnatal care for all women.
That they pay for? Yes.
--nutritional assistance for children in poor families.
Define "poor"
--paid maternity/paternity leave.
How long?
--testing for fetal defects and abortions for serious defects whenever they are detected.
That they pay for. They should get more accurate tests. 85% error rate is not acceptable
--abortions for health issues that arise during or before pregnancy and threaten the life or health of the mother.
I have already said yes to this
Just did

Clutching your pearls does nothing to buttress your support of infanticide. Concerning cases of domestic abuse, to include spousal murder, I am a survivor of spousal abuse from my first wife so domestic abuse is not only men on women but also women on men, to include murder.

Who Kills Whom in Spouse Killings? On the Exceptional Sex Ratio of Spousal Homicides in the United States | Office of Justice Programs

www.ojp.gov
www.ojp.gov

Women are not guiltless victims when aborting their unborn child. The unborn child is being denied the right, repeat the right, to life by their mother. But not just that unborn child but their children and their children's children, ad infinitum.
Sorry, but claiming victimhood for hypothetical generations in the future is just odd.

Back