The Living God(s)

Dant01

Jer 10:10 . . Jehovah is in truth God. He is the living god.

The Hebrew word for "living" in that passage is chay (khah'-ee) which first appears
in the Bible at Gen 1:20 where it speaks of aqua life and winged life. Then it
appears at Gen 1:24 where it speaks of life on land. It appears again at Gen 2:7
where it speaks of human life.

Flora life is never spoken of as chay. So I think we can limit the kind of life spoken
of by chay as conscious existence; viz: sentient life.

Jehovah is called the living god something like fifteen times in the Old Testament,
and fifteen more times in the New.

I'm unaware of any other gods in the whole Bible identified as living gods; not even
the people of Psalm 82 to whom God said "You are gods". (Those gods are described
as mortal; so they fail to qualify as living gods.)

Because of that; I think it safe to conclude that no other god is a living god. In
other words: labeling Jehovah as the living god is a way of saying He is the only
god that's actually eternal, i.e. always was, always is, and always shall be. This has
some serious ramifications because when speaking of Christ, the Bible says:

Col 2:9 . . It is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily.

The Greek word for "divine quality" is theótes (theh-ot'-ace) which means: divinity.

Seeing as how theótes is modified by the Greek definite article "ho" then what
we're looking at here in Col 2:9 isn't nondescript divinity, but rather the divinity. In
other words: we're looking at the fullness of the divinity of the living god.

Just about everybody on both sides of the aisle agrees that the Word spoken of at
John 1:1 is a god. However: the Word isn't just any god; no, the fullness of the
divinity of the living god dwells in the Word; viz: the Word is a living god, i.e. the
life that's in the Word always was, always is, and always shall be.

John 5:26 . . For just as the Father has life in himself, so He has granted also to
the Son to have life in himself.

When the Father granted the Son to have life in himself just as the Father has life
in Himself, things got a bit complicated because unless Jehovah and the Word are
somehow different names for the same personage; there is now a surplus of living
gods out there.

NOTE: I highly recommend not debating the trinity with Jehovah's Witnesses
because it's far more important, and easier, to first prove that God is a twosome
rather than three. Christianity is, after all, primarily about Christ.

John 16:13-14 . . When that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you
into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears
he will speak, and he will declare to you the things coming. That one will glorify me,
because he will receive from what is mine and will declare it to you.
_