The logical truth and reality of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, they are.
No, they're not - or, to precisely the same extent, festivals/events/objects/etc created in reference to other deities would be evidence of their existence. Is the fact that the days of the week and months of the year are named for ancient gods evidence of their existence?

Of course not; they're just evidence of people's belief in those gods.
Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Notice the progression.

If God didn't exist, there would be none of these things mentioned.
Again, that is not the case. The bible could have been written, and all of the above lines included, whether God exists or not.

Actually, they are.

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Notice the progression.

If God didn't exist, there would be none of these things mentioned.
How could you possibly show that this assertion is true? Seriously: look at it from an analytical point of view. How could one demonstrate that, given no God, no such things could possibly have happened?

Let me suggest to you another way of looking at it: you are a believer, and a convinced one. I don't want to put words in your mouth, so please correct me if I am wrong, and believe me, I mean no disrespect. But if I am correct, to you, God is part of the background of everything. It is literally impossible for anything to happen without God: he's the backdrop, the stage, the grounding of reality. Here's my point: accepting (for the purposes of argument) that this is true, how can you state that anything would happen if God was not real? The contrafactual is so large, from the perspective of someone who takes God seriously, that the proposal of "What could happen, given no God?" is somehow absurd.

So why would you propose it? And how could you ever answer it? Those are actual, non-rhetorical questions.

Here's objective evidence of God:

1. Time divided into BC and AD.
This was done by man and is in no way proof of god.
2. Organizations such as the Red Cross and Salvation Army.
These are human organizations that help people - there is no evidence that God is involved.
3. Hospitals built by Christian organizations.
They use science.
4. Beautiful Christian artwork, edifices, statuary and literature.
I like Hindu and Muslim artwork - it does not prove Allah is real.
5. IN GOD WE TRUST on our coins and UNDER GOD in our pledge of allegiance.
Put there by men, not god.
6. The Ten Commandments and other literature displayed in public.
Quotes from the Koran are displayed in public all over the world.
7. Christmas & Easter
Ramadan and Diwali.
8. Symbols on bumper stickers and flags.
Muslim bumper stickers and flags.
9. Public debates in the name of Christianity.
Debates in the name of Islam.
10. Crosses and billboards erected to testify of Jesus Christ.
Erected by men - the same as shrines to Allah.
If God didn't exist, neither would this evidence.
None of this is objective evidence for god in any way.

This would be evidence for god:
  • Manna from the sky we can test
  • God appears and speaks to humanity
  • Jesus rises from the dead while doctors and scientists examine him
You listed a bunch of human created things that are dedicated to a god - no different than the human dedicated things to Jupiter, Zeus, Odin, or Osiris.

God uses man to do His will; He used a lying spirit to do His will; and in two instances that I know of, He let Satan do His will.

You listed a bunch of human created things that are dedicated to a god - no different than the human dedicated things to Jupiter, Zeus, Odin, or Osiris.
And who says Jupiter, Zeus, Odin, or Osiris didn't exist back then?

God uses man to do His will; He used a lying spirit to do His will; and in two instances that I know of, He let Satan do His will.
The existence of these specular things does not prove God as you claimed. Can you prove that God used man?
And who says Jupiter, Zeus, Odin, or Osiris didn't exist back then?
I see no reason to believe they did. Do you believe they did? How did you prove that?

Everything?
I can't say.

What I can say, though, is that Christians believe God created (ultimately) flawed beings who were then condemned to Hell for being imperfect. For God to then use these beings to "do His will" is ridiculous; a competent creator would use the best tools available, and humans definitely are not one of them.

ps. and really, a creator God would have no need of tools...

I can't say.

What I can say, though, is that Christians believe God created (ultimately) flawed beings who were then condemned to Hell for being imperfect. For God to then use these beings to "do His will" is ridiculous; a competent creator would use the best tools available, and humans definitely are not one of them.

ps. and really, a creator God would have no need of tools...
God certainly works in mysterious ways, doesn't He?

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

If you do not use science then how do you know what is real and what is not?
Faith.

How do I know it's gas I'm putting in my car at the gas pump?

I'm willing to take that chance.

With God though, it's not quite the same.

I'm willing to do my part, and He does His.

The outcome is as follows:

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

How do I know it's gas I'm putting in my car at the gas pump?
I start the car. If it starts its gas. If not then it was something else and I need to gather evidence to figure out what the liquid was. Not faith at all.
I'm willing to take that chance.
There are 10,000 gods and you have chosen one to be real. So your chance is 1 in 10,000. Might have better luck with the lottery :)
The outcome is as follows:

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
I see no reason to believe that quote is from a god - but I am glad it makes you happy.

This is what men lead by God done; so it certainly isn't proof of God not existing.

These are human organizations that help people - there is no evidence that God is involved.

These are "organizations" started by believers in God in order "help people", so they are certainly not proof of God not existing.

They use science.

These are places started by believers in God that use medicine and technology to help people. So they are certainly not proof of God not existing.

I like Hindu and Muslim artwork - it does not prove Allah is real.

Strawman.

Put there by men, not god.

These are places started by men who believed in God to help people. So their existence is certainly not evidence of God not existing.

Quotes from the Koran are displayed in public all over the world.

Ramadan and Diwali.

Muslim bumper stickers and flags.

Debates in the name of Islam.

Erected by men - the same as shrines to Allah.

None of this is objective evidence for god in any way.

Strawmen. No-one is saying it is.

This would be evidence for god:
  • Manna from the sky we can test

Manna from the sky just represents a humans need for the truth in order to survive and thrive in reality.

• God appears and speaks to humanity

God appears through the truth only appearing and existing in the reality of a Believing Mind.

• Jesus rises from the dead while doctors and scientists examine him

Jesus raises believers from the dead by using belief and faith as the mode by which God makes reality known to them.

Yes, a bunch of things that exist in reality because of people who believed in God and done this in God's name.

I am locking this thread; it is an old one that was bumped to the top. That is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back