The logical truth and reality of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not a strawman. And you didn't answer my question.

Are you suggesting that no-one thinks God is just religion?
That doesn't prove God to be reality.
Sure it does, as if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and the truth and reality always existed, because to suggest other wise self-refuting, then the truth and reality must have always existed in God's mind. If you have another way or place outside of God's and our mind that the truth and reality can be known to exist, then be so kind as to let me know? If not, then stop lying to yourself.
Why are you arguing for things no-one has ever denied?
I can argue for or against whatever I want silly. And if you agree with it don't respond, but if you disagree then your job is to rebut it.
It doesn't matter whose belief it is. Belief alone is never sufficient for knowledge.
Sure it does, as if belief is necessary in order to make the truth and reality known to you, then you must have a belief in reality before the truth and reality is made known to you. So, it really does matter.
I asked you to explain what you mean by 'hosting'. You've just used the word again without defining or explaining your use.
I did and if you disagree with its meaning then say so.
Do you understand the difference between act and object? For instance, the difference between a chair and knowledge of that chair? The latter is a capacity of mind (knowledge), but the former (the chair) is not.
Yes. You are reificating and thus conflating knowledge which is an abstract object and a chair which is a concrete object and pretending that they are known and experienced by us in the same way. And FYI everything we know and experience in and about the truth and reality is the product of a believing mind, including your “chair”.You're talking about knowledge. I asked about existence: Can you prove that a believing mind is the only place in which reality can EXIST? Why can't reality instead EXIST outside of minds as a mind-independent physical universe of time and space?
You're talking about knowledge. I asked about existence: Can you prove that a believing mind is the only place in which reality can EXIST? Why can't reality instead EXIST outside of minds as a mind-independent physical universe of time and space?
How can you know about existence without knowledge silly? As existence is a form of knowledge, because how are you able to know anything about existence without any knowledge of something's existence silly?
You still haven't explained what you mean by 'hosting' or why reality needs to be hosted in the first place.
Strawman. Sure I did.
That doesn't explain why you think reality must exist in the same place that beliefs about it occur.
Sure it does, because if in reality the ONLY way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind, and nothing can be known and experienced without a believing mind, then where else outside of a believing mind can the truth and reality be known to exist? And your inability to answer this question for yourself but your denial of its truthfulness is just suppression of the truth by your mere unbelief and nothing else.
If truth and reality have always existed then we don't need to account for their origin. And we don't need to locate them in the mind of God either.
Willful suppression of the truth and reality's existence. Do you like wallow around in the delusion?
I don't think reality has an origin, and I think it exists as a mind-independent physical universe of space and time (MIPUST). Can you disprove this MIPUST hypothesis?
How can you "think" without the benefit of a mind or know anything in or about a place that is independent of minds (MIPUST) silly?

Not a straw man.

In your OP you said: "God is reality"

If you hold this belief then you are a pantheist. Christians do not believe that God is reality - rather than God created it.

So, are you a Christian or not?
Strawman, sure they do.
Show me one Christian that doesn't believe that "God is reality' and I will show you exactly one unbeliever silly.

Do you understand what a homonym is?

host (1)
1. a person who receives or entertains guests at home or elsewhere: the host at a theater party.
2. a master of ceremonies, moderator, or interviewer for a television or radio program.
3. a person, place, company, or the like, that provides services, resources, etc., as for a convention or sporting event: Our city would like to serve as host for the next Winter Olympics.
4. the landlord of an inn.
5. a living animal or plant from which a parasite obtains nutrition.

host (2)
1. a multitude or great number of persons or things: a host of details.
2. an army.

Host (noun)
"3. a person, place, company, or the like, that provides services, resources, etc., as for a convention or sporting event: Our city would like to serve as host for the next Winter Olympics."

And you have not shown that my use of the word host is incorrect, as for something to exist or occur in reality. it must have a way and place to
occur and exist in reality. And a believing mind is the only way and place that we can know of that possesses this capacity.

Yes, that's what the argument hopes to do, but the argument doesn't argue for a particular God. It only argues for A God.
Strawman, I am not arguing for the existence of YOUR strawman "God".

Rather, I am arguing for the for the truth and its reality to be known to you.
You might be right with the argument establishing a God, but you haven't said how you know what particular God it is.
If I am "right with the argument establishing a God" then I have established how and why the truth and reality are known to us as well.
Indeed, it might be a God no one's ever heard of.

Have you ever heard of the "truth and reality"?

Strawman, I am not arguing for the existence of YOUR strawman "God".

Rather, I am arguing for the for the truth and its reality to be known to you.
Strawman, I didn't say you were. But you are arguing for your God, in who's mind reality exists, right? Except the argument doesn't say which God's mind reality sits in.

Strawman, I didn't say you were. But you are arguing for your God, in who's mind reality exists, right? Except the argument doesn't say which God's mind reality sits in.
Actually I am arguing for how and why the truth and reality is known to us. And just so happens that for the truth and reality to exist it requires a believing mind to make this occur. And in God becoming the man of Jesus of Nazareth, he demonstrated that the truth must be incarnate in us through our individual belief as the way that made the truth and reality known to us and for us a means to participate with the truth in reality.

Actually I am arguing for how and why the truth and reality is known to us. And just so happens that for the truth and reality to exist it requires a believing mind to make this occur. And in God becoming the man of Jesus of Nazareth, he demonstrated that the truth must be incarnate in us through our individual belief as the way that made the truth and reality known to us and for us a means to participate with the truth in reality.
Here's what you said earlier in post #21..."Sure it does, as if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and the truth and reality always existed, because to suggest other wise self-refuting, then the truth and reality must have always existed in God's mind."

All I'm asking is, which God, and how do you know it?

"And in God becoming the man of Jesus of Nazareth, he demonstrated that the truth must be incarnate in us through our individual belief as the way that made the truth and reality known to us and for us a means to participate with the truth in reality."

If that is the real God, but how do you know?

You've made an argument for a God. Which God, and how do we know it's the right God?

Here's what you said earlier in post #21..."Sure it does, as if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and the truth and reality always existed, because to suggest other wise self-refuting, then the truth and reality must have always existed in God's mind."

"And in God becoming the man of Jesus of Nazareth, he demonstrated that the truth must be incarnate in us through our individual belief as the way that made the truth and reality known to us and for us a means to participate with the truth in reality."

If that is the real God, but how do you know?
Are you suggesting that you now think that God must be reality?

Are you suggesting that you now think that God must be reality?
That's a very strange question to ask an atheist. I'm asking you how you know your God is the right God. Your answer will show if there is anything to your claims or not.

Again...here's what you said earlier in post #21..."Sure it does, as if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and the truth and reality always existed, because to suggest other wise self-refuting, then the truth and reality must have always existed in God's mind."

Strawman, sure they do.
Show me one Christian that doesn't believe that "God is reality' and I will show you exactly one unbeliever silly.
lol...you claim to be a Christian and yet you don't even know what Christians believe. Christianity is described as a monotheistic religion - meaning they believe there is only one God. If Christians believed "God is reality" then it would be described as a pantheistic religion.

Perhaps you should ask some Christians here on this site if they believe God is reality. Or, perhaps, learn what actual Christians believe.

Which God is YHVH.
Others are just demons.

And the only way to actually know if he's the right one is to come follow Jesus.

Or, if you want it to be Allah, attach bombs to yourself, go blow up some people who don't want to be Muslim.

Or, whatever others say, do those things and then you can know if you got it right or not.
Hi Steve, quick question for you. As a Christian, do you believe that God is reality?

That's a very strange question to ask an atheist. I'm asking you how you know your God is the right God. Your answer will show if there is anything to your claims or not.

Again...here's what you said earlier in post #21..."Sure it does, as if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and the truth and reality always existed, because to suggest other wise self-refuting, then the truth and reality must have always existed in God's mind."

And all I am asking is are you suggesting that you now think that God must be reality? And if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and you disagree with this, then you must say where it is outside of a believing mind that the truth and reality can be known to exist? I am waiting?

And all I am asking is are you suggesting that you now think that God must be reality? And if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and you disagree with this, then you must say where it is outside of a believing mind that the truth and reality can be known to exist? I am waiting?
No, of course I'm not suggesting or thinking that. I'm an atheist. I just want to know how you know your argument gets to any particular God. I've asked what, four or five times? If you knew i rather think you would have answered by now.

So again, here's what you said earlier in post #21..."Sure it does, as if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and the truth and reality always existed, because to suggest other wise self-refuting, then the truth and reality must have always existed in God's mind."

No, of course I'm not suggesting or thinking that. I'm an atheist. I just want to know how you know your argument gets to any particular God. I've asked what, four or five times? If you knew i rather think you would have answered by now.

So again, here's what you said earlier in post #21..."Sure it does, as if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and the truth and reality always existed, because to suggest other wise self-refuting, then the truth and reality must have always existed in God's mind."

There's only one reality and you don't know it.

And if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and you disagree with this, then you must say where it is outside of a believing mind that the truth and reality can be known to exist? I am waiting?

There's only one reality and you don't know it.

And if the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind and you disagree with this, then you must say where it is outside of a believing mind that the truth and reality can be known to exist? I am waiting?
Why are you not answering my question?

For the sake of argument i am granting that the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist is in and by a believing mind.

So, where does an particular God come into this?

Hi Steve, quick question for you. As a Christian, do you believe that God is reality?

It's written in Acts 17:28,
In him we live, move and have our being.
In Isaiah 40:12, it's written that God holds the entirety of the cosmos in the span of his hand.
In Hebrews 1:3, it's written that Jesus holds all things together by the word of his power.
According to psalms 33:6-9, God spoke the cosmos into existence.

So, is God reality?
He sustains reality. His existence makes reality possible.

It's written in Acts 17:28,
In him we live, move and have our being.
In Isaiah 40:12, it's written that God holds the entirety of the cosmos in the span of his hand.
In Hebrews 1:3, it's written that Jesus holds all things together by the word of his power.
According to psalms 33:6-9, God spoke the cosmos into existence.

So, is God reality?
He sustains reality. His existence makes reality possible.
And I say Amen to that truth and reality Buddy.

Yes. And your point is?
My point was expressed before:

Those are two very different meanings of the term 'host'. So the actual Hebrew term is not used in a way that supports your argument.

You wrongly denied this. I then proved you wrong by quoting the two homonyms and their different dictionary entries.

My point was expressed before:

Those are two very different meanings of the term 'host'. So the actual Hebrew term is not used in a way that supports your argument.

You wrongly denied this. I then proved you wrong by quoting the two homonyms and their different dictionary entries.
Strawman. I showed how and why the truth and reality requires a mind in order to be known and to be made known, and this capacity is what I am referring to and denoting about the truth and reality, as even the truth and reality requires a way and place in order to exist and to be known to exist or hosted. And if this is all true of a believing mind, the truth and reality, then you can chalk this up to learning something new about the truth and reality today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back