The magnitude of indifference is as exponential as the difference in magnitude between dust and a virus.

shnarkle

It's like watching someone step off a curb into oncoming traffic, or mindlessly walk into the propeller of a plane or airboat.

For those who may not be familiar with OSHA standards, there are numerous occupations that require respirators to prevent particulate matter from entering the lungs, eyes, etc. Examples include paint sprayers, marine ablative paints, diving gear, asbestos mitigation, mining etc. etc.

Any employer who would hand their employees an N95 mask instead would be slapped with fines, lawsuits, etc., and be out of business because the people who put these regulations in place all know that an N95 mask isn't going to prevent these materials, chemicals, etc. from entering into the lungs.

These materials are of a significantly LARGER magnitude than a virus, and yet we still continue to hear government agencies tout their efficacy as if anyone in their right mind could possibly believe this nonsense. I am not spreading misinformation here. Anyone who doesn't believe me is invited to inspect any ablative paint can at your local boat yard or West Marine. Then go online and price any of the OSHA recommended respirators (from the aforementioned paint cans) required to safely apply these chemicals, paints, etc.

Check out the filters on any name brand surface to air breathing Hookahs, and notice that they're good down to 5 microns, or slightly more than a billionth of a meter which is incomprehensibly small, yet STILL larger than a virus. Anyone who has seen these filters knows that they look just like a piece of pvc pipe. The air doesn't pass through the ends, but the walls, and you need a compressor to do it.

Just so there's no confusion here, we're currently being presented with something that is making its way around the globe, all the while mutating into various strains that may or may not be even more deadly than the previous iterations which have already killed anywhere from hundreds of thousands to perhaps millions with no signs of slowing down any time soon, and you want to trust your life to a mask that your nose can smell sawdust through?

Oh, and by the way, anyone who has become a super spreader is not confined to spreading viral material just through their nose and mouth. When their immune system is incapable of handling the viral load, they become a viral manufacturing and distribution plant that will eject as much viral material from whatever orifice is available. Pfizer's Emergency Use Authorization (see link below) application points out that the spike protein can be transmitted " by inhalation or skin contact.” It is oozing out through the pores of the skin, and that casual skin contact is enough to transmit the spike protein to the unvaccinated.

Those who complain about others not masking up might just as well complain about those who aren't putting up chain link fencing to prevent mosquitos from getting into their yards because that's what it amounts to.

You want to tell others that they need to mask up because we're all in this together? We're not in this together at all because you're all going to be wondering how you could have gotten sick when you followed the governments evolving guidelines just as soon as they came up with them. That's way too late. Deadly viruses don't wait for governments to come up with appropriate guidelines.

Think about this: How often does anyone ever see someone like George Soros, or Bill Gates at the local Publix grabbing a few groceries before heading home to fix dinner? You see Jeff Bezos or any other multibillionaires mixing with the unwashed masses lately? Do you think they've ever gone through a TSA checkpoint in their entire lives? You think they have to dump out their Perrier water before boarding their private jets? You think they're in this together with any of you? You've got another think coming.

One point that I think is imperative to understand is that regardless of whether there are breakthrough cases or not, it isn't exactly clear what's going on. Regardless of whether you're for or against getting vaccinated, there is just too much confusion coming from different government agencies, and sometimes even within the same government agencies. This isn't exactly anything new either. Governments have never been known for being all that efficient to begin with. Regardless of whether this erupted from some bat soup in Wuhan China, or was the result of gain of function research in Ft. Detrick Maryland, it only makes sense to isolate until people stop dropping dead like flies before venturing out to mix with the survivors.

If anyone thinks I'm not taking this seriously, they're sadly mistaken. I'm taking it all too seriously by pointing out that when there's a global pandemic that may very well rival the Black Death, only those with a death wish are going to entrust their lives to a cloth mask. At the very least, fork out a few hundred dollars for a good quality Hazmat suit with a good reliable respirator for crying out loud.

For those who may suggest that I'm engaging in fear mongering, I would only point out that I'm getting my information directly from these government agencies as well as the mainstream news outlets which are blaring this same narrative 24/7. All I'm doing is pointing out that those who don't take pandemics seriously usually don't live through them.

If we're going to pretend this is as bad as we say it is, at least get into character. N95 masks as well as the wide assortment of latest designer cloth masks are already passe. More importantly, you can still personalize your Hazmat gear to suit your personality or identity without sacrificing your own safety. If fashion is more important than safety, then you're not paying attention at all.

Better to be safe than sorry, and you can't be too safe when dealing with possibly one of the most contagious viruses we've ever seen. Yet people are out and about with an N95, or more often than not, just some generic particulate mask on as if this is going to protect them. Even by their own assumed standards of safety, half of them are wearing the thing below their nose while others have a nice fat beard allowing the virus easy access. That doesn't indicate any level of seriousness when approaching a highly contagious deadly virus.

I should also point out that I'm not trying to guilt anyone into purchasing a Hazmat suit. You're not endangering my life in the slightest. I'm just pointing out that there is no way I will ever take anyone seriously about this whole pandemic when they can't even see that a cloth mask is completely useless in a whole host of government regulated industries, and even more so in preventing viral infection.

Oh, and speaking of asinine things to do. Before anyone gets the bright idea of cancelling the fair, just remember that anyone eager to jump onto a 40 year old rusty roller coaster that gets disassembled and reassembled half a dozen times a year by a traveling meth head with an allen wrench, while eating a deep fried stick of butter, probably isn't going to be all that worried about Covid.

Just to be clear, this isn't about whether there is a pandemic, but to spotlight that if there is a deadly pandemic, a whole lot of people who are masking up and getting vaccinated are NOT taking this nearly as seriously as they should be. When the Black Death was turning cities into hell holes, the smart people didn't come up with some arbitrary distance and call it safe. They pulled up stakes and got as far away from anyone and everyone who looked like they might be having a bad hair day. Single wide trailers out in the sticks that weren't worth $10k ten years ago are selling for five to ten times that amount now "as is" without inspections because of the expanding exodus from the cities.

Those who don't believe there's a pandemic ought to be able to go maskless and unvaccinated while they ride the whirl n twirl, and wash down as much deep fried high fructose corn syrup-soaked hog fat on a stick with as much beer as will efficiently drain down their food hole.

I don't need anyone to tell me to self isolate. I figured that one out all by myself. In a free country, those who would rather run with the rats, not to mention eat them; ought to be able to do so without some incoherent government telling them to stand six feet away from each other, or wear a mask or two, or a pillow over their face next Thursday.

Whateverman

So much ignorance and misinformation packed into such a small...

No wait, this rant is obnoxiously long.

Authentic Nouveau

. Anyone who doesn't believe me is invited to inspect any ablative paint can at your local boat yard or West Marine. Then go online and price any of the OSHA recommended respirators (from the aforementioned paint cans) required to safely apply these chemicals, paints, etc.
When I was Yacht Club Harbor master for years, I had to go to dock coatings even leaving volatile organic compounds. Safety.

shnarkle

When I was Yacht Club Harbor master for years, I had to go to dock coatings even leaving volatile organic compounds. Safety.
You used dock coatings on boat hulls? Do dock coatings have volatile organic compounds? I'm not familiar with dock coatings to begin with. I can't say that I've ever seen a painted dock.

Authentic Nouveau

You used dock coatings on boat hulls? Do dock coatings have volatile organic compounds? I'm not familiar with dock coatings to begin with. I can't say that I've ever seen a painted dock.
Nope. I used highly toxic TBTF bottom paint with VOC's and went to Copper. The docks are alkaline copper quaternary non pigmented pressure treated lumber and the coatings clear.

Gus Bovona

It's like watching . . . . next Thursday.
From what I've heard, the virus doesn't travel in the air by itself, but it is embedded in water/mucus droplets which N95 masks do help to protect against. So the proper measurement isn't the mask versus the virus, it's the mask versus the moisture that is expelled when someone coughs or sneezes or breathes.

Electric Skeptic

It's like watching someone step off a curb into oncoming traffic, or mindlessly walk into the propeller of a plane or airboat.

For those who may not be familiar with OSHA standards, there are numerous occupations that require respirators to prevent particulate matter from entering the lungs, eyes, etc. Examples include paint sprayers, marine ablative paints, diving gear, asbestos mitigation, mining etc. etc.

Any employer who would hand their employees an N95 mask instead would be slapped with fines, lawsuits, etc., and be out of business because the people who put these regulations in place all know that an N95 mask isn't going to prevent these materials, chemicals, etc. from entering into the lungs.

These materials are of a significantly LARGER magnitude than a virus, and yet we still continue to hear government agencies tout their efficacy as if anyone in their right mind could possibly believe this nonsense. I am not spreading misinformation here. Anyone who doesn't believe me is invited to inspect any ablative paint can at your local boat yard or West Marine. Then go online and price any of the OSHA recommended respirators (from the aforementioned paint cans) required to safely apply these chemicals, paints, etc.

Check out the filters on any name brand surface to air breathing Hookahs, and notice that they're good down to 5 microns, or slightly more than a billionth of a meter which is incomprehensibly small, yet STILL larger than a virus. Anyone who has seen these filters knows that they look just like a piece of pvc pipe. The air doesn't pass through the ends, but the walls, and you need a compressor to do it.

Just so there's no confusion here, we're currently being presented with something that is making its way around the globe, all the while mutating into various strains that may or may not be even more deadly than the previous iterations which have already killed anywhere from hundreds of thousands to perhaps millions with no signs of slowing down any time soon, and you want to trust your life to a mask that your nose can smell sawdust through?

Oh, and by the way, anyone who has become a super spreader is not confined to spreading viral material just through their nose and mouth. When their immune system is incapable of handling the viral load, they become a viral manufacturing and distribution plant that will eject as much viral material from whatever orifice is available. Pfizer's Emergency Use Authorization (see link below) application points out that the spike protein can be transmitted " by inhalation or skin contact.” It is oozing out through the pores of the skin, and that casual skin contact is enough to transmit the spike protein to the unvaccinated.

Those who complain about others not masking up might just as well complain about those who aren't putting up chain link fencing to prevent mosquitos from getting into their yards because that's what it amounts to.

You want to tell others that they need to mask up because we're all in this together? We're not in this together at all because you're all going to be wondering how you could have gotten sick when you followed the governments evolving guidelines just as soon as they came up with them. That's way too late. Deadly viruses don't wait for governments to come up with appropriate guidelines.

Think about this: How often does anyone ever see someone like George Soros, or Bill Gates at the local Publix grabbing a few groceries before heading home to fix dinner? You see Jeff Bezos or any other multibillionaires mixing with the unwashed masses lately? Do you think they've ever gone through a TSA checkpoint in their entire lives? You think they have to dump out their Perrier water before boarding their private jets? You think they're in this together with any of you? You've got another think coming.

One point that I think is imperative to understand is that regardless of whether there are breakthrough cases or not, it isn't exactly clear what's going on. Regardless of whether you're for or against getting vaccinated, there is just too much confusion coming from different government agencies, and sometimes even within the same government agencies. This isn't exactly anything new either. Governments have never been known for being all that efficient to begin with. Regardless of whether this erupted from some bat soup in Wuhan China, or was the result of gain of function research in Ft. Detrick Maryland, it only makes sense to isolate until people stop dropping dead like flies before venturing out to mix with the survivors.

If anyone thinks I'm not taking this seriously, they're sadly mistaken. I'm taking it all too seriously by pointing out that when there's a global pandemic that may very well rival the Black Death, only those with a death wish are going to entrust their lives to a cloth mask. At the very least, fork out a few hundred dollars for a good quality Hazmat suit with a good reliable respirator for crying out loud.

For those who may suggest that I'm engaging in fear mongering, I would only point out that I'm getting my information directly from these government agencies as well as the mainstream news outlets which are blaring this same narrative 24/7. All I'm doing is pointing out that those who don't take pandemics seriously usually don't live through them.

If we're going to pretend this is as bad as we say it is, at least get into character. N95 masks as well as the wide assortment of latest designer cloth masks are already passe. More importantly, you can still personalize your Hazmat gear to suit your personality or identity without sacrificing your own safety. If fashion is more important than safety, then you're not paying attention at all.

Better to be safe than sorry, and you can't be too safe when dealing with possibly one of the most contagious viruses we've ever seen. Yet people are out and about with an N95, or more often than not, just some generic particulate mask on as if this is going to protect them. Even by their own assumed standards of safety, half of them are wearing the thing below their nose while others have a nice fat beard allowing the virus easy access. That doesn't indicate any level of seriousness when approaching a highly contagious deadly virus.

I should also point out that I'm not trying to guilt anyone into purchasing a Hazmat suit. You're not endangering my life in the slightest. I'm just pointing out that there is no way I will ever take anyone seriously about this whole pandemic when they can't even see that a cloth mask is completely useless in a whole host of government regulated industries, and even more so in preventing viral infection.

Oh, and speaking of asinine things to do. Before anyone gets the bright idea of cancelling the fair, just remember that anyone eager to jump onto a 40 year old rusty roller coaster that gets disassembled and reassembled half a dozen times a year by a traveling meth head with an allen wrench, while eating a deep fried stick of butter, probably isn't going to be all that worried about Covid.

Just to be clear, this isn't about whether there is a pandemic, but to spotlight that if there is a deadly pandemic, a whole lot of people who are masking up and getting vaccinated are NOT taking this nearly as seriously as they should be. When the Black Death was turning cities into hell holes, the smart people didn't come up with some arbitrary distance and call it safe. They pulled up stakes and got as far away from anyone and everyone who looked like they might be having a bad hair day. Single wide trailers out in the sticks that weren't worth $10k ten years ago are selling for five to ten times that amount now "as is" without inspections because of the expanding exodus from the cities.

Those who don't believe there's a pandemic ought to be able to go maskless and unvaccinated while they ride the whirl n twirl, and wash down as much deep fried high fructose corn syrup-soaked hog fat on a stick with as much beer as will efficiently drain down their food hole.

I don't need anyone to tell me to self isolate. I figured that one out all by myself. In a free country, those who would rather run with the rats, not to mention eat them; ought to be able to do so without some incoherent government telling them to stand six feet away from each other, or wear a mask or two, or a pillow over their face next Thursday.
And the medical qualifications you have that would would lead me to believe you over the CDC and the vast majority of the world's medical personnel are...?

Backup

From what I've heard, the virus doesn't travel in the air by itself, but it is embedded in water/mucus droplets which N95 masks do help to protect against. So the proper measurement isn't the mask versus the virus, it's the mask versus the moisture that is expelled when someone coughs or sneezes or breathes.
Yeah, after a year you'd think they would stop repeating the same misinformation.

Authentic Nouveau

And the medical qualifications you have that would would lead me to believe you over the CDC and the vast majority of the world's medical personnel are...?
One nut case said the number of cases double in AZ every 3 days.

CDC lies. a lot. Fake news lies a lot.

Biden lies.

“You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations,” Biden said.

If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you’re not going to die,” Biden said.

Electric Skeptic

One nut case said the number of cases double in AZ every 3 days.

CDC lies. a lot. Fake news lies a lot.

Biden lies.

“You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations,” Biden said.

If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you’re not going to die,” Biden said.
All completely irrelevant to what i said, but thanks for butting in with something useless.