The many were “made sinners”?

rossh

I did not ask for advise

I was responding to your statement

"so you claim thaT the Greeks invented baptism and not God ?"

of course I never made any such claim
YOU said it not me.. " baptizo ' is Greek... I believe that God gave baptism to the Hebrews..

fltom

but again what is the relevancy here
but again what is the relevancy here
so why have you been baptized and how old were at that time ?
Baptized as a baby

later as an adult at 38

Baptism is a normative Christian practice

as well as a testimony of faith in Christ

rossh

I did not ask for advise

I was responding to your statement

"so you claim thaT the Greeks invented baptism and not God ?"

of course I never made any such claim
yes of course not you would never do that. The " thread " of " the many were made sinners. " is that an actual fact or not ?

rossh

Baptized as a baby

later as an adult at 38

Baptism is a normative Christian practice

as well as a testimony of faith in Christ
Sounds like as I and 2 other believers did. At a Sunday Service we ( 3 of us ) were individually, full immersed into the pool of water in the Church and we also made the confession of faith to Yeshua as Lord and Messiah/Savior.. Saved at last..

fltom

Sounds like as I and 2 other believers did. At a Sunday Service we ( 3 of us ) were individually, full immersed into the pool of water in the Church and we also made the confession of faith to Yeshua as Lord and Messiah/Savior.. Saved at last..
Same here

In winter in N.J.

rossh

It is a bible verse so yes it is true
well that is good,, and why do you think that is in the Bible and, what do you assume it means to us ? But then again, amybe, are you trying to imply God, made/turned actual innocent people into sinners ?

The shortcut version of this passage is misleading....
Ro 5:18 In other words, just as it was through one offence that all people came under condemnation, so also it is through one righteous act that all people come to be considered righteous.
19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man, many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the other man, many will be made righteous.
20 And the Torah came into the picture so that the offence would proliferate; but where sin proliferated, grace proliferated even more.

well it is hardly Gods doing is it ? Adam was given 1 command and he blew it all away for him, his wife and all mankind! He did after all have the free will choice. God had already given him everything...

Last edited:

fltom

well that is good,, and why do you think that is in the Bible and, what do you assume it means to us ? But then again, amybe, are you trying to imply God, made/turned actual innocent people into sinners ?

verse 19 is tied to verse 18

Romans 5:18 (KJV)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Adams sin brought death to all mankind

rossh

verse 19 is tied to verse 18

Romans 5:18 (KJV)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Adams sin brought death to all mankind
It is not amazing!!! that ALL the verse numbering connects all the verses in a chapter wow! God is SOOO Great
Romans 5:
10 For if we were reconciled with God through his Son's death when we were enemies, how much more will we be delivered by his life, now that we are reconciled!

11 And not only will we be delivered in the future, but we are boasting about God right now, because he has acted through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, through whom we have already received that reconciliation.

12 Here is how it works: it was through one individual that sin entered the world, and through sin, death; and in this way death passed through to the whole human race, inasmuch as everyone sinned.

13 Sin was indeed present in the world before Torah was given, but sin is not counted as such when there is no Torah.

14 Nevertheless death ruled from Adam until Moshe, even over those whose sinning was not exactly like Adam's violation of a direct command. In this, Adam prefigured the one who was to come.

15 But the free gift is not like the offence. For if, because of one man's offence, many died, then how much more has God's grace, that is, the gracious gift of one man, Yeshua the Messiah, overflowed to many!

16 No, the free gift is not like what resulted from one man's sinning; for from one sinner came judgment that brought condemnation; but the free gift came after many offences and brought acquittal.

For if, because of the offence of one man, death ruled through that one man; how much more will those receiving the overflowing grace, that is, the gift of being considered righteous, rule in life through the one man Yeshua the Messiah!

18 In other words, just as it was through one offence that all people came under condemnation, so also it is through one righteous act that all people come to be considered righteous.

19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man, many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the other man, many will be made righteous.

And the Torah came into the picture so that the offence would proliferate; but where sin proliferated, grace proliferated even more.

21 All this happened so that just as sin ruled by means of death, so also grace might rule through causing people to be considered righteous, so that they might have eternal life, through Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord.

fltom

It is not amazing!!! that ALL the verse numbering connects all the verses in a chapter wow! God is SOOO Great
Romans 5:
10 For if we were reconciled with God through his Son's death when we were enemies, how much more will we be delivered by his life, now that we are reconciled!

11 And not only will we be delivered in the future, but we are boasting about God right now, because he has acted through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, through whom we have already received that reconciliation.

12 Here is how it works: it was through one individual that sin entered the world, and through sin, death; and in this way death passed through to the whole human race, inasmuch as everyone sinned.

13 Sin was indeed present in the world before Torah was given, but sin is not counted as such when there is no Torah.

14 Nevertheless death ruled from Adam until Moshe, even over those whose sinning was not exactly like Adam's violation of a direct command. In this, Adam prefigured the one who was to come.

15 But the free gift is not like the offence. For if, because of one man's offence, many died, then how much more has God's grace, that is, the gracious gift of one man, Yeshua the Messiah, overflowed to many!

16 No, the free gift is not like what resulted from one man's sinning; for from one sinner came judgment that brought condemnation; but the free gift came after many offences and brought acquittal.

For if, because of the offence of one man, death ruled through that one man; how much more will those receiving the overflowing grace, that is, the gift of being considered righteous, rule in life through the one man Yeshua the Messiah!

18 In other words, just as it was through one offence that all people came under condemnation, so also it is through one righteous act that all people come to be considered righteous.

And the Torah came into the picture so that the offence would proliferate; but where sin proliferated, grace proliferated even more.

21 All this happened so that just as sin ruled by means of death, so also grace might rule through causing people to be considered righteous, so that they might have eternal life, through Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord.
So you would disagree a verse could start a new idea?

rossh

No, not at all, I have been taught how to READ properly and to READ ALL of the texts and issues and to also re-read sections that may seem confusing..

rossh

" so you would disagree THAT a verse could start a new idea ? " I made no comment at all to that supposition... Who is to say what " could " transpire when so many misuse scripture/s to suit their cults ?

fltom

" so you would disagree THAT a verse could start a new idea ? " I made no comment at all to that supposition... Who is to say what " could " transpire when so many misuse scripture/s to suit their cults ?

Your words

rossh

Your words

Pliz, time fpr you medicine me thinks, what on earth are you mumbling on about ? Your POINT ?

rossh

Those were your words

your seemed to mock the connection between verse 18&19
what ? your seemed to mock the connection between verse 18&19 ? calm down, and so please explain your " seeming " then ? AND which of these verses do you refer to, which book, chapter ?
NB, I simply quoted the several verses a passage to your form the Bible directly so ho won earth does that SEEMED to be mock a " connection " ? So what on earth are you trying to say ?