The Messiah was a man who required spiritual development

Runningman

According to the Old Testament and New Testament, the Messiah required spiritual development like every other person does.

Luke 2
52And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Hebrews 5
7During the days of Jesus’ earthly life, He offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the One who could save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence. 8Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered. 9And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him

Isaiah 7
14Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel. 15By the time He knows enough to reject evil and choose good, He will be eating curds and honey. 16For before the boy knows enough to reject evil and choose good, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.

2 Samuel 7
14I will be his Father, and he will be My son. When he does wrong, I will discipline him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men.

Last edited:
According to the Old Testament and New Testament, the Messiah required spiritual development like every other person does.

Luke 2
52And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Hebrews 5
7During the days of Jesus’ earthly life, He offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the One who could save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence. 8Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered. 9And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him

Isaiah 7
14Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel. 15By the time He knows enough to reject evil and choose good, He will be eating curds and honey. 16For before the boy knows enough to reject evil and choose good, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.

2 Samuel 7
14I will be his Father, and he will be My son. When he does wrong, I will discipline him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men.
ALL men grow in stature and wisdom. What else is new????
Jesus was made perfect as a sacrifice through His sufferings.
BTW God ALONE is the source of eternal salvation and our ONLY Savior.
Sinless men do NO wrong, thus are NEVER disciplined.

ALL men grow in stature and wisdom. What else is new????
Jesus was made perfect as a sacrifice through His sufferings.
BTW God ALONE is the source of eternal salvation and our ONLY Savior.
Sinless men do NO wrong, thus are NEVER disciplined.

The point is that the Messiah isn’t God. The Messiah is God’s Son.

Back