The Mormon Tabernacle "Cricket" Choir

Theo1689

One particular snarky Mormon here likes making the false claim that the "cricket choir" is singing, whenever we refute his posts, but when our isn't what he WANTS us to say.

In point of fact, it is the MORMONS who are full-time participants in the "cricket choir", since they have spent literally YEARS dodging and running away from passages which contradict their false theology.

1) "only one god"

Deut. 4:35 ... the Lord is God; there is no other besides him
Deut. 4:39 ... the Lord is God... there is no other.
Deut. 32:39 ... and there is no god besides me;
2 Sam. 7:22 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
2 Sam. 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD?
1 Kings 8:60 ... the Lord is God; there is no other.
1 Chr. 17:20 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
Isa. 44:6 ... I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.
Isa. 44:8 ... Is there a God besides me? yea,there is no God; I know not any.
Isa. 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides me:
Is. 45:21 ... there is no God else besides me;
Isa 45:22 ... for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa. 46:9 ... for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Mark 12:32 … for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
1 Cor. 8:4 … and that there is none other God but one.

But we hear nothing from Mormons in response, but "the cricket choir".

2) "not by works" passages

Eph. 2:8 ... And this is not your own doing ...
Eph. 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
2 Tim. 1:9 who saved us ... not because of our works
Tit. 3:5 he saved us, not because of works ...
Rom. 4:5 And to the one who does not work ... his faith is counted as righteousness,
Rom. 4:6 ... the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
Rom. 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works;

(In the interest of transparency, I will observe that one poster actually tried to address Eph. 2:8-9, and started a new thread doing so. I will grant that he put a great deal of effort into it, but unfortunately he addressed about a hundred other passages before FINALLY getting to Eph. 2, so it ended up being a colossal waste of time.)

3) Rom. 5:6, "apart from works"

I started an entirely new thread just for discussion of "without works" or "apart from works" in Rom. 4:6.

4) Mormons claim that Moses never died, but we proved them false merely by citing Deut. 34:5.

5) Mormons claim that God is not invisible, and we simply have to quote Col. 1:15.

6) Mormons claim that "God is a man", and we simply have to quote Num. 23:19.

7) Mormons claim that "elders" and "deacons" can be unmarried, immature teenagers. We simply have to quote 1 Tim. 3:2,12, Tit. 1:6 in response.

8) Mormons claim that marriage can continue after death. We simply have to quote Rom. 7:2-3, and 1 Cor. 7:39.

9) One particular Mormon falsely claimed that Paul was a misogynist. The Mormon who claimed it refuses to defend his false claim, and no other Mormon will call him out on it.

Mormons have been given PLENTY of time and opportunity to address these issues. And they have refused to. Because they have been unable to. So any time a Mormon responds with a snarky, "crickets" comment, it is my hope that any and all responses will redirect here, to point to the MOUNTAINS of crickets sufficient to feed all the cattle and pigs on Earth.

Last edited:

Bonnie

One particular snarky Mormon here likes making the false claim that the "cricket choir" is singing, whenever we refute his posts, but when our isn't what he WANTS us to say.

In point of fact, it is the MORMONS who are full-time participants in the "cricket choir", since they have spent literally YEARS dodging and running away from passages which contradict their false theology.

1) "only one god"

Deut. 4:35 ... the Lord is God; there is no other besides him
Deut. 4:39 ... the Lord is God... there is no other.
Deut. 32:39 ... and there is no god besides me;
2 Sam. 7:22 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
2 Sam. 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD?
1 Kings 8:60 ... the Lord is God; there is no other.
1 Chr. 17:20 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
Isa. 44:6 ... I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.
Isa. 44:8 ... Is there a God besides me? yea,there is no God; I know not any.
Isa. 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides me:
Is. 45:21 ... there is no God else besides me;
Isa 45:22 ... for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa. 46:9 ... for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Mark 12:32 … for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
1 Cor. 8:4 … and that there is none other God but one.

2) "not by works" passages

Eph. 2:8 ... And this is not your own doing ...
Eph. 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
2 Tim. 1:9 who saved us ... not because of our works
Tit. 3:5 he saved us, not because of works ...
Rom. 4:5 And to the one who does not work ... his faith is counted as righteousness,
Rom. 4:6 ... the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
Rom. 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works;

(In the interest of transparency, I will observe that one poster actually tried to address Eph. 2:8-9, and started a new thread doing so. I will grant that he put a great deal of effort into it, but unfortunately he addressed about a hundred other passages before FINALLY getting to Eph. 2, so it ended up being a colossal waste of time.)

3) Rom. 5:6, "apart from works"

I started an entirely new thread just for discussion of "without works" or "apart from works" in Rom. 4:6.

4) Mormons claim that Moses never died, but we proved them false merely by citing Deut. 34:5.

5) Mormons claim that God is not invisible, and we simply have to quote Col. 1:15.

6) Mormons claim that "God is not a man", and we simply have to quote Num. 23:19.

7) Mormons claim that "elders" and "deacons" can be unmarried, immature teenagers. We simply have to quote 1 Tim. 3:2,12, Tit. 1:6 in response.

8) Mormons claim that marriage can continue after death. We simply have to quote Rom. 7:2-3, and 1 Cor. 7:39.

9) One particular Mormon falsely claimed that Paul was a misogynist. The Mormon who claimed it refuses to defend his false claim, and no other Mormon will call him out on it.

Mormons have been given PLENTY of time and opportunity to address these issues. And they have refused to. Because they have been unable to. So any time a Mormon responds with a snarky, "crickets" comment, it is my hope that any and all responses will redirect here, to point to the MOUNTAINS of crickets sufficient to feed all the cattle and pigs on Earth.
Good post, but I think you meant " Mormons say God IS a man", not "God is not a man"...correct?

Bonnie

One slight correction, Theo....one Mormon did attempt to address the verses that say Moses died by saying it was symbolic, for God simply taking him out of the way.....of course, there is the verse where God tells Moses that, just as Aaron died, so will Moses die. And we know that Aaron was NOT taken "out of the way" but physically died. But that is such a feeble defense, isn't it?