The most important doctrine in Scripture- The bodily Resurrection of Jesus !

Greetings again YeshuaFan,

Yes I deny that Jesus is God as I believe that he is the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. I disagree with the term "soul sleep" as it implies that man has a separate entity "the soul". I believe that man, the whole man returns to the dust Genesis 3:19, and some of these, especially the faithful are awaiting the resurrection, and as such they are sleeping in the dust of the earth, with no consciousness whatsoever, and this is much more than a "sleep" which is figurative language Daniel 12:2-3, Isaiah 26:19-21.

Kind regards
Trevor
Adam was already physically alive when God breathed into him a soul, and Jesus and the thief were still alive after physical death, not sleeping!

And all of the Apostles called Jesus God, were they all wrong?

Adam was already physically alive when God breathed into him a soul
I suggest that you are misreading Genesis 2:7 as God breathed into Adam the breath of life, not an immortal soul, and as a result Adam became a living soul or creature with life. Before that breath containing oxygen he was a soul without life, and after the breath he was a living soul. When we breathe our last breath we become a dead soul. Man returns to the dust Genesis 3:19.
Genesis 2:7 (KJV): And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
All the animals are also living souls or creatures and have the breath of life, and when the flood came both man and animals died because they drowned and could not access the breath of life. See also Paul's quotation and exposition of this verse in 1 Corinthians 15:41-46 where he is teaching the resurrection set against the Greek philosophy of immortal souls. The Athenians mocked Paul when he taught the resurrection instead of Platoism.
Jesus and the thief were still alive after physical death, not sleeping!
Jesus was asleep in the grave for three days and the thief is asleep until the resurrection when he will be raised and be in paradise with Jesus. I suggest that the correct translation is by moving the comma as per Ethelbert Bullinger's Companion Bible:
Luke 23:42-43 (KJV adjusted): 42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, thou shalt be with me in paradise.
Lazarus was asleep for four days, or as Jesus states, this figure of "sleep" represents that he was dead. No mention that he had an immortal soul.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:

I suggest that you are misreading Genesis 2:7 as God breathed into Adam the breath of life, not an immortal soul, and as a result Adam became a living soul or creature with life. Before that breath containing oxygen he was a soul without life, and after the breath he was a living soul. When we breathe our last breath we become a dead soul. Man returns to the dust Genesis 3:19.
Genesis 2:7 (KJV): And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
All the animals are also living souls or creatures and have the breath of life, and when the flood came both man and animals died because they drowned and could not access the breath of life. See also Paul's quotation and exposition of this verse in 1 Corinthians 15:41-46 where he is teaching the resurrection set against the Greek philosophy of immortal souls. The Athenians mocked Paul when he taught the resurrection instead of Platoism.

Jesus was asleep in the grave for three days and the thief is asleep until the resurrection when he will be raised and be in paradise with Jesus. I suggest that the correct translation is by moving the comma as per Ethelbert Bullinger's Companion Bible:
Luke 23:42-43 (KJV adjusted): 42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee To day, thou shalt be with me in paradise.
Lazarus was asleep for four days, or as Jesus states, this figure of "sleep" represents that he was dead. No mention that he had an immortal soul.

Kind regards
Trevor
Jesus referred to the dead as sleeping- since he would be the one RESURRECTING them!

Back