The most popular president in American history

Long after they have been dispatched destroying the purpose of the thread.
That you dismiss arguments that are supported by facts does not mean those arguments have been "dispatched".

So who is this Modine person?

And how could anyone insist that Liddy was a fine upstanding citizen and patriot?

That you dismiss arguments that are supported by facts does not mean those arguments have been "dispatched".
I have dismissed nothing. I have addressed every argument that you have advanced seriatim.

So who is this Modine person?
Edit failure on my part. I'm dictating and didn't catch the error. Should have read "Maureen." Her nom de guerre
in prostitution circles was "Mo." Thus, "Mo Dean" although you can be sure she didn't tell anybody her last name.
And how could anyone insist that Liddy was a fine upstanding citizen and patriot?
I don't think you read my prior comment.

I have dismissed nothing. I have addressed every argument that you have advanced seriatim.

Edit failure on my part. I'm dictating and didn't catch the error. Should have read "Maureen." Her nom de guerre
in prostitution circles was "Mo." Thus, "Mo Dean" although you can be sure she didn't tell anybody her last name.

I don't think you read my prior comment.
I can find nothing whatsoever about Maureen Dean as a prostitute and you have provided no links to support that.

I read your prior comment on Liddy. He was a criminal and a creepy hate radio talk show host who bragged about using Clinton figures as target practice. How is that not reprehensible?

I can find nothing whatsoever about Maureen Dean as a prostitute and you have provided no links to support that.

I read your prior comment on Liddy. He was a criminal and a creepy hate radio talk show host who bragged about using Clinton figures as target practice. How is that not reprehensible?
Perhaps your knowledge is incomplete

"In 1992 Len Colodny and Robert Gettlin published "Silent Coup: The Removal of Richard Nixon". In the book the authors claim that John Dean ordered the Watergate break-in because he knew that a call-girl ring was operating out of the Democratic headquarters. The authors also argued that Alexander Haig was not Deep Throat but was a key source for Bob Woodward, who had briefed Haig at the White House in 1969 and 1970.

In 1992 John Dean began legal action against Len Colodny and Gordon Liddy. Dean objected to information that appeared in books by Liddy (Will) and Colodny (Silent Coup) that claimed that Dean was the mastermind of the Watergate burglaries and the true target of the break-in was to destroy information implicating him and his wife in a prostitution ring. That case was settled in 1999 when State Farm Insurance Company paid Colodny $410,000.00 to allow Dean to dismiss the case without going to summary judgement. Dean also had to agree not to sue Colodny again and that was in the Court Order.

John Dean encouraged former DNC secretary Ida Well to sue Gordon Liddy on the same subject as his original suit in US District Court in Baltimore. In July, 2002, jurors reached a unanimous decision in favor of Liddy and the theory put forward in Silent Coup: The Removal of Richard Nixon." Link
I read your prior comment on Liddy. He was a criminal and a creepy hate radio talk show host who bragged about using Clinton figures as target practice.
Did you pick up on the fact that no politicians were harmed by Gordon Liddy's target practice?
How is that not reprehensible?
No, it's not. What's reprehensible is what Bill and Hillary Clinton did to Kathleen Willey, Vince Foster, and many, many others.

"In 1992 Len Colodny and Robert Gettlin published "Silent Coup: The Removal of Richard Nixon". In the book the authors claim that John Dean ordered the Watergate break-in because he knew that a call-girl ring was operating out of the Democratic headquarters. The authors also argued that Alexander Haig was not Deep Throat but was a key source for Bob Woodward, who had briefed Haig at the White House in 1969 and 1970.

In 1992 John Dean began legal action against Len Colodny and Gordon Liddy. Dean objected to information that appeared in books by Liddy (Will) and Colodny (Silent Coup) that claimed that Dean was the mastermind of the Watergate burglaries and the true target of the break-in was to destroy information implicating him and his wife in a prostitution ring. That case was settled in 1999 when State Farm Insurance Company paid Colodny $410,000.00 to allow Dean to dismiss the case without going to summary judgement. Dean also had to agree not to sue Colodny again and that was in the Court Order.

John Dean encouraged former DNC secretary Ida Well to sue Gordon Liddy on the same subject as his original suit in US District Court in Baltimore. In July, 2002, jurors reached a unanimous decision in favor of Liddy and the theory put forward in Silent Coup: The Removal of Richard Nixon." Link

Did you pick up on the fact that no politicians were harmed by Gordon Liddy's target practice?

No, it's not. What's reprehensible is what Bill and Hillary Clinton did to Kathleen Willey, Vince Foster, and many, many others.
From what I could find, the account in the book you cite was contradicted by the Nixon tapes and other evidence. It is not surprising that the RW would come up with a conspiracy theory centered on Dean, and smear his wife in the process.

From what I could find, the suit by Ida Well ended in a mistrial.

I picked up on the fact that Liddy bragged about shooting off the heads of Clinton figures, which is an evil thing to do and to brag about.

Are you seriously accusing the Clintons of murder?

The entirety of your post is nothing but flabbergasting, off the wall, conspiracy stuff.

From what I could find, the account in the book you cite was contradicted by the Nixon tapes and other evidence. It is not surprising that the RW would come up with a conspiracy theory centered on Dean, and smear his wife in the process.
Right wing who? Len Colodny and Robert Gettlin we're both Democrats to the day they died as far as I know. Their eventual friendship with Gordon Liddy came from the fact that he was in a position to verify much of their research with firsthand knowledge of the parts that he was not ignorant of. By the way, if Richard Nixon is being removed from office by John Dean and others, what exactly would you expect to find in the Nixon tapes that would help confirm that?
From what I could find, the suit by Ida Well ended in a mistrial.
As you can see above John Dean wrote out a check for 400 grand for the privilege of getting State Farm to let him withdraw without filing for summary judgment.
I picked up on the fact that Liddy bragged about shooting off the heads of Clinton figures,
This is new. Before you said it was pictures. Shall I give you time to get your story straight?
which is an evil thing to do and to brag about.
I think it's substantially less serious than raping a subordinate or murdering a erstwhile lover.
Are you seriously accusing the Clintons of murder?
I don't know what you mean by "seriously" exactly. I don't have a prosecution assembled, or prosecutor agreeing to prosecute the case.
The entirety of your post is nothing but flabbergasting, off the wall, conspiracy stuff.
Is that a fact?

Right wing who? Len Colodny and Robert Gettlin we're both Democrats to the day they died as far as I know. Their eventual friendship with Gordon Liddy came from the fact that he was in a position to verify much of their research with firsthand knowledge of the parts that he was not ignorant of. By the way, if Richard Nixon is being removed from office by John Dean and others, what exactly would you expect to find in the Nixon tapes that would help confirm that?

As you can see above John Dean wrote out a check for 400 grand for the privilege of getting State Farm to let him withdraw without filing for summary judgment.

This is new. Before you said it was pictures. Shall I give you time to get your story straight?

I think it's substantially less serious than raping a subordinate or murdering a erstwhile lover.

I don't know what you mean by "seriously" exactly. I don't have a prosecution assembled, or prosecutor agreeing to prosecute the case.

Is that a fact?
Yes it is a fact.

What you are describing is an alternate history of Watergate with John Dean as the bad guy, with corroborating information from Liddy. Does not pass the smell test. And you don't think Liddy had a motive for pushing an alternative story?

Picture, figures, whatever. the point is Liddy bragged about shooting at images of the Clintons specifically targetting their heads.

So murder is worse than burglary. Ok.

You were the one who brought up Vince Foster. I assumed it was because you buy into the conspiracy theory that the Clintons killed him. Did I misunderstand?

Yes it is a fact.
I suppose that depends on how gullible you are. I've noticed you take a lot of things for facts.
What you are describing is an alternate history of Watergate with John Dean as the bad guy, with corroborating information from Liddy.
Perhaps you can explain why the Cubans were carrying a key to a desk drawer which was collected in the evidence at the time of their arrest.
Does not pass the smell test. And you don't think Liddy had a motive for pushing an alternative story?
Liddy had no clue about this part of the story until he was contacted in connection with the writing of this book. Liddy was the cut-out which means that he did not know what the operation was all about. He was operating under false pretenses. In short, he largely believe the Washington Post rendition of what happened for years after Carter commuted his sentence.
Picture, figures, whatever. the point is Liddy bragged about shooting at images of the Clintons specifically targetting their heads.
And?
So murder is worse than burglary. Ok.
I love it when we agree.
You were the one who brought up Vince Foster.
I intended to. I used to drive by that little park every day on the way to my office in Georgetown just off the GW Parkway.
I assumed it was because you buy into the conspiracy theory that the Clintons killed him.
Perhaps you can explain why Vince Foster had carpet fibrils over every inch of his body and clothing from the bottom of his shoes to the hair on his head. Normally people don't get down on the floor and roll across the carpet before they get in their car drive to a roadside park and blow their brains out. That's usually the indication of a professional hit. It's where they kill somebody in one place roll them up in a carpet and then stage the body in a second place in order to conceal the real location of death. And perhaps you can also suggest a reason why the blood didn't flow in the direction of gravity on his body and clothing after he presumably shot himself.
Did I misunderstand?
Only if you think Vince Foster was responsible for his own death.

Last edited:
I suppose that depends on how gullible you are. I've noticed you take a lot of things for facts.

Perhaps you can explain why the Cubans were carrying a key to a desk drawer which was collected in the evidence at the time of their arrest.

Liddy had no clue about this part of the story until he was contacted in connection with the writing of this book. Liddy was the cut-out which means that he did not know what the operation was all about. He was operating under false pretenses. In short, he largely believe the Washington Post rendition of what happened for years after Carter commuted his sentence.

And?

I love it when we agree.

I intended to. I used to drive by that little park every day on the way to my office in Georgetown just off the GW Parkway.

Perhaps you can explain why Vince Foster had carpet fibrils over every inch of his body and clothing from the bottom of his shoes to the hair on his head. Normally people don't get down on the floor and roll across the carpet before they get in their car drive to a roadside park and blow their brains out. That's usually the indication of a professional hit. It's where they kill somebody in one place roll them up in a carpet and then stage the body in a second place in order to conceal the real location of death. And perhaps you can also suggest a reason why the blood didn't flow in the direction of gravity on his body and clothing after he presumably shot himself.

Only if you think Vince Foster was responsible for his own death.
Up is down and white is black in your worldview.

You believe in an alternate history of Watergate in which Liddy is an innocent dupe if not a hero, John Dean is the villan and his wife was a prostitute/madam. Maybe DeSantis is about to order this version of Watergate be taught in FL schools.

And yes, Vince Foster committed suicide.

Surprised you have not brought up Soros. Or Benghazi. I guess George Santos is a stand-up guy in your view, right?

Up is down and white is black in your worldview.

You believe in an alternate history of Watergate in which Liddy is an innocent dupe if not a hero, John Dean is the villan and his wife was a prostitute/madam. Maybe DeSantis is about to order this version of Watergate be taught in FL schools.

And yes, Vince Foster committed suicide.

Surprised you have not brought up Soros. Or Benghazi. I guess George Santos is a stand-up guy in your view, right?
100% ineffectual ridicule. You didn't answer a single point.

Back